David & Olga

US Embassy Reopening - Update Thread

580 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, OrihimeandIchigo said:

O.O really where does it say that if I may ask? I would love to see :) 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/News/visas-news/suspension-of-routine-visa-services.html 

and look at the first bulletin point 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
On 7/4/2020 at 8:07 AM, Alexag said:

What does this actually mean?  Sounds very vague.  

Coronavirus cases were less ! The countries opened up ! ALL business were opened up! But us embassy were still closed . Spain embassies were opened all others too my friend got his spain visa from Pakistan! Nowww again the coronavirus is getting stronger   so why are we having any hopes anymore ? Why would they open embassy now if they didnt in less cases ?

Hello, all. I don't post much since I, fortunately, managed to get everything submitted at the NVC this May for my wife's visa. Does anyone know what's going on in Manila? Why are all interviews canceled till August? I'd have thought that first-degree family members would be prioritized and they'd have started again by now with at least these cases.

25 minutes ago, senya said:

Hello, all. I don't post much since I, fortunately, managed to get everything submitted at the NVC this May for my wife's visa. Does anyone know what's going on in Manila? Why are all interviews canceled till August? I'd have thought that first-degree family members would be prioritized and they'd have started again by now with at least these cases.

I think in Manila's case, it is more a reflection of the situation in the PI with the country being shut.  Until infrastructure opens up (domestic travel etc), I wouldn't expect any interviews.

I keep seeing in different threads that the consulates will open once the host country is in phase 3 of reopening. Does anyone know anything about that? I can't seem to find that anywhere online but multiple people have said the same thing. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
20 minutes ago, Alexag said:

I keep seeing in different threads that the consulates will open once the host country is in phase 3 of reopening. Does anyone know anything about that? I can't seem to find that anywhere online but multiple people have said the same thing. 

@Alexag I believe that will be true for the Jamaican embassy. They had a news article on it. It's hard to know which phase each embassy is in however. In the Jamaican news article per the US embassy it was predicted that Jamaica's embassy would open up July 17th. We shall see and it should apply then for other embassies in Phase 3.

3 minutes ago, Hanre said:

Hi everyone. I got some amazing news today. My interview for cr1, DQ 29 April 2020, was scheduled for Tuesday the 14th at the Lusaka embassy, Zambia. It's very short notice, which is an issue for my medical which I can only do on Monday, but I am not complaining. The medical centre said they will allow me to attend my interview as long as I have the receipt from my medical as it takes about 3 days to get the results. 

Zambia has done surprisingly well in handling covid, and I think that has had a huge influence on them scheduling again. Hope that everyone else also gets some good news. I wanted to share with you so that you all can know they have started, and yes it is most probably embassy specific. Good luck

Hi. I am very happy for you and thanks for the positive update. I know you must be experiencing the feeling others have been dreaming about right now. Pure happeness. I hope all works out well for you and your spouse. My fiance and I are waiting on the embassy in Nairobi to open. Her initial interview was scheduled for April 14 but cancelled. 😪. Anyway happy you received positive news. 

1 minute ago, My Mzuri said:

Hi. I am very happy for you and thanks for the positive update. I know you must be experiencing the feeling others have been dreaming about right now. Pure happeness. I hope all works out well for you and your spouse. My fiance and I are waiting on the embassy in Nairobi to open. Her initial interview was scheduled for April 14 but cancelled. 😪. Anyway happy you received positive news. 

Thanks a lot. Appreciate it. And good luck to you as well. Ironically, it seems like the African countries might leapfrog the rest a bit

6 hours ago, Hanre said:

Thanks a lot. Appreciate it. And good luck to you as well. Ironically, it seems like the African countries might leapfrog the rest a bit

Would you please kindly post your visa interview experience later? I got my interview on June (Spouse of USC at South Korea US embassy) but got blue letter as currently all kinds of visa issuance is pending. There was no problem with my interview & document submission. I am curious if this is the case only in South Korea.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.