Ramsis

Arrest after Interview

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

My wife had her interview in early march. We had an argument in late April and she stabbed me in my leg with a kitchen knife. She was arrested and she has her first trial in July. I got her help and a lawyer and even though the initial charges are Domestic Violence & Assault with a deadly weapon, we are getting information that it might be reduced to a misdemeanor. 

She still has not received any information regarding her oath ceremony being scheduled.

My questions is: Is she still able to continue her citizenship path and take the oath or will her naturalization case be denied? I read on USCIS website that she will have to declare any criminal charges or arrests ..etc at the oath ceremony.

I appreciate any information. Thank you in advance.

She will need to declare the arrest on the N-445 (the form given for the oath ceremony). Whether they determine she is eligible for naturalization that day or they need to review the case again is a decision they would make.

If she is put on probation, I believe they cannot be approved for naturalization until that expires.

But yes - this is not DIY. Get professional assistance.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: IR-3 Timeline
12 hours ago, ioxtremod said:

Are you serious? She stabbed him. The real question why he is still with her.

He thinks he still gotta be with her to stay in the USA probably cos he has a conditional greencard or something

Filed: IR-5 Timeline
On 6/5/2020 at 5:08 PM, ioxtremod said:

Are you serious? She stabbed him. The real question why he is still with her.

Love is blind :bonk:

04/21/20: IR-5 Submitted Online 

04/21/20: NOA1 Issued online

04/27/20: NOA1 Received via postal mail from Texas Service Center

04/27/20: Touched

04/28/20: Case Transferred to California Service Center

05/14/20: Touched 

05/15/20: Touched 

07/01/20: Touched

07/06/20: Touched 

07/06/20: RFE Issued (not available online)

07/16/20: RFE Received in Mail

07/20/20: DNA Done in USA

08/09/20: RFE Partial Response Submitted Online

08/26/20: RFE Partial Response Submitted via mail

09/01/20: Touched

10/28/21: DNA test results Received by USCIS

11/12/21: NOA2

4 hours ago, Olusola said:

2020 has been a long year, hasn't it?

Hahahahaha, Agree. Long Interesting year, I am just hoping things will get back on track as afar as the ASC offices. And that USCIS gets the support they need so they would continue processing and completing applications. I heard fees will be going up soon praying everyone submits promptly, since these fees can kick start at any time.

On 6/6/2020 at 3:01 AM, Stevo1979 said:

He thinks he still gotta be with her to stay in the USA probably cos he has a conditional greencard or something

He is US citizen, as I understood. his wife is the one seeks citizenship

• 3 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.