40 posts in this topic

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
1 minute ago, Rami91 said:

Thanks, how come they didn’t write fiancé visa anywhere 

Because they arent relatives to USC or LPRs

Timeline
17 hours ago, AGF said:

I knew someone who was denied entry at LAX last year ( visitor visa )  but that was because she had a lot of luggage with her. Probably the CBP Officer thought she wanted to stay 😂 this was despite her passport having stamps from all over the world. You and your fiancé shouldn’t be scared at all, she just have to answer their questions honestly. Good luck!

Just curious how this happens... at the airports I go thru frequently baggage is picked up at the end after talking to the CBP at the booth... 

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
Just now, RamonGomez said:

Just curious how this happens... at the airports I go thru frequently baggage is picked up at the end after talking to the CBP at the booth... 

You always pass a secondary CBP checkpoint. This is where you can declare things you have in your checked baggage. This is always where you give them the customs form 

11 minutes ago, RamonGomez said:

ive seen some of those border force shows where the initial CBP interview seems to know something about the luggage. I never thought too much about it, but i wonder now if CBP can see how many pieces of baggage have been checked along with other info on the air ticket. (Not this case but another red flag is arriving for more than a few days with no checked baggage.)

47 minutes ago, Rami91 said:

actually i just noticed, the daughter who is married to a U.S citizen was able to come, but her parent who got the visa through their daughter who is a U.S citezen were not able to come. they went from Sweden to Germany & then Detroit 

I’m not clear what you mean. Do you mean the daughter was allowed in and the parent wasn’t?

11 hours ago, JFH said:

The UK also is introducing a 14-day quarantine requirement for all travelers.

I’d get that ticket changed. 

I’m assuming they’re not quarantining transit passengers, only those who cross the border.

However as far as the US ban is concerned, even transit in my understanding falls under the “physical presence” in a banned country and would prevent entry. I don’t think the traveler would even be allowed to board though, as the airline would see they’re subject to ban?

Edited by SusieQQQ

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

ive seen some of those border force shows where the initial CBP interview seems to know something about the luggage. I never thought too much about it, but i wonder now if CBP can see how many pieces of baggage have been checked along with other info on the air ticket. (Not this case but another red flag is arriving for more than a few days with no checked baggage.)

They get the passenger manifest.  The manifest includes everything associated with the passenger including checked bags 

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
11 hours ago, Rami91 said:

Thanks, how come they didn’t write fiancé visa anywhere 

Although a pretty high percentage of people here or their spouses (depending on which one was the US citizen) came to the US on a K-1 (or are in the process of doing so; my wife came here on a K-1), they're a really tiny percentage of all visas, so issues around them can get lost in the shuffle in times like this.

K-1                             AOS                            
NOA1 Notice Date: 2018-05-31    NOA1 Notice Date: 2019-04-11   
NOA2 Date: 2018-11-16           Biometrics Date: 2019-05-10    
Arrived at NVC:  2018-12-03     EAD/AP In Hand: 2019-09-16     
Arrived in Moscow: 2018-12-28   GC Interview Date: 2019-09-25      
Interview date: 2019-02-14      GC In Hand: 2019-10-02
Visa issued: 2019-02-28
POE: 2019-03-11
Wedding: 2019-03-14

ROC                             Naturalization
NOA1 Notice Date: 2021-07-16    Applied Online: 2022-07-09 (biometrics waived)
Approval Date: 2022-04-06       Interview was Scheduled: 2023-01-06
10-year GC In Hand: 2022-04-14  Interview date: 2023-02-13 (passed)
                            	Oath: 2023-02-13

39 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

I’m assuming they’re not quarantining transit passengers, only those who cross the border.

However as far as the US ban is concerned, even transit in my understanding falls under the “physical presence” in a banned country and would prevent entry. I don’t think the traveler would even be allowed to board though, as the airline would see they’re subject to ban?

But we don’t know that they have a through-ticket. Depending on how the ticket has been constructed, it may be necessary to clear immigration and then re-check. And if the flight into London is delayed that results in an overnight, what then? Too many risks involved so I would look for flights that avoid countries with any form of quarantine or restriction. 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

6 minutes ago, JFH said:

But we don’t know that they have a through-ticket. Depending on how the ticket has been constructed, it may be necessary to clear immigration and then re-check. And if the flight into London is delayed that results in an overnight, what then? Too many risks involved so I would look for flights that avoid countries with any form of quarantine or restriction. 

I just called the CPB in Detroit & i was asking him for my fiance who is flaying through London & he told me that she has to quarantine there for 14 days  to be able to fly here :( 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, RamonGomez said:

I was thinking the CBP Officer got curious on how she has so many luggage with her, when she only intends to visit someone here.. I am not sure how long she said she will have to stay though. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.