Rami91

CBP officer at the airport

40 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Rami91 said:

does anyone know about some CBP are refusing people who has visas to enter the U.S? please let me know if anyone knows anything. i booked for my fiance on June 12 & i am kind scared.

thanks everyone 

There are banned countries.   As long as your fiancee is not subject to one of the Proclamations, all should be fine 

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I knew someone who was denied entry at LAX last year ( visitor visa )  but that was because she had a lot of luggage with her. Probably the CBP Officer thought she wanted to stay 😂 this was despite her passport having stamps from all over the world. You and your fiancé shouldn’t be scared at all, she just have to answer their questions honestly. Good luck!

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
59 minutes ago, Rami91 said:

does anyone know about some CBP are refusing people who has visas to enter the U.S? please let me know if anyone knows anything. i booked for my fiance on June 12 & i am kind scared.

thanks everyone 

What is your Fiancee's travel itinerary? Hopefully they dont plan on flying through Europe

Only USCs are guaranteed entry. All others can be denied if deemed inadmissible.

With a valid K-1 visa, I would not expect an issue unless there is reason for the CBP officer to suspect the visa was issued improperly or will be used improperly. For instance, if the officer believes they already married abroad (people have done this) or that they do not intend to marry (this has happened too - don't joke around with CBP when they ask questions), or if there is a new criminal offense that makes them inadmissible since the visa was issued, or a new EO is signed that bars her for whatever reason.

In >99.x% of the cases, a K or immigrant visa holder has no issue at all.

Edited by geowrian

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, geowrian said:

Only USCs are guaranteed entry. All others can be denied if deemed inadmissible.

With a valid K-1 visa, I would not expect an issue unless there is reason for the CBP officer to suspect the visa was issued improperly or will be used improperly. For instance, if the officer believes they already married abroad (people have done this) or that they do not intend to marry (this has happened too - don't joke around with CBP when they ask questions), or if there is a new criminal offense that makes them inadmissible since the visa was issued, or a new EO is signed that bars her for whatever reason.

In >99.x% of the cases, a K or immigrant visa holder has no issue at all.

Timeline says F-1

YMMV

6 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Timeline says F-1

So it does. Hmm...posted in K-1 forum and past posts mention a fiance, and timeline indicates NVC processing and P3 + P4 dates.

If I had to guess, the OP is referring to a K-1 visa still and the profile/timeline is wrong.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

6 hours ago, AGF said:

I knew someone who was denied entry at LAX last year ( visitor visa )  but that was because she had a lot of luggage with her. Probably the CBP Officer thought she wanted to stay 😂 this was despite her passport having stamps from all over the world. You and your fiancé shouldn’t be scared at all, she just have to answer their questions honestly. Good luck!

Thanks for the positive comment. My relative, him and his wife were not able to fly for no reason. Their son is here and he did the visa for them 

Timeline
Just now, Rami91 said:

What’s wrong with London? 

There is a travel ban for people from Europe and the UK. Anyone who has been there in the past 14 days can not enter. Unless thye are a USC, LPR, or immediate relative. K1s dont count

Timeline
1 minute ago, Rami91 said:

So where should she come from?

Any country where there is currently no ban. 

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/from-other-countries.html

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.