1,215 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
On 5/19/2020 at 4:10 AM, HKS said:

I'm sure someone is going to have to open up a discussion about which embassies are open. Then the next game starts. At this point I'd rather just go live in Iraq with my spouse. At least we would be together and happy, instead of at the whim of an increasingly messed up government aimed at making immigration impossible. 

And it kills me to no end that the president has married two immigrants. Yes, more anxiety and more depression. 

I felt the same way. I’m flying today after waiting for 6 weeks for a flight to be scheduled, and will stay for some months until things start rolling again.

15 hours ago, carpfan said:

I just got DQ today! I called them yesterday to ask for status, not sure if that helped, as they just brushed me off with "we're still working on Feb 14 submissions . . . ", but very pleasantly surprised to get DQ.

I believe the NVC only has one location, Portsmouth, NH. My USCIS processing center was the dreaded Nebraska office, which took over a year to approve my I-130.

Wishing you luck for a quick DQ!

Congratulations for your DQ.

When did you call?? N what was your last submission date??

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
8 hours ago, Zoisdem said:

Hi all

We just got accepted in the NVC stage (20th May).

As a fairly new to this process, it is not clear to me regarding the police certificates, do we need to provide from each single country that we resided for more than 6 months, including US?

thanks in advance!

You don't need one from the US, but every other country, yes.

26 minutes ago, Lolonyo said:

12 hours after submitting all docs!!!

What?? 12 hours? Wow, congrats! 

IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Abu Dhabi Embassy 

DQ: 2020-23-05

Scheduled interview date: 2021-11-01

Interview result: Approved

1 hour ago, Lolonyo said:

Glory to God! 💯

DQ this morning at 7am, email received from NVC - May 21, exactly 12 hours after submitting all docs!!!

Can't stop smiling! 🙌🤩

O wow, congrats to you.

Woke up to a DQ email today, such a massive relief after the frustration of the NVC timeframe updates recently. 

Submission: 14 April

DQ: 21 May

So it seems the timeframes are not accurate as we have suspected all along. 

So so happy :D

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Submitted April 27th

RFE/Document needed May 21st : I864a we submitted a 2019 W2 with the 2018 1040. We needed to have submitted a W2 for 2018 instead... such a minor mistake...

2nd submission: May 21st

Hopefully my 2nd submission is just as fast, or as fast as some have been saying. 

Edited by BunyanP

Hi guys, 

I'm asking this question for a friend...Her Us citizen husband is filing for her 2 kids.They are waiting on NVC case number....Her husband yearly salary does not above the poverty line for 2 kids. Where should she add her info to reach above the poverty line with her husband. Should she add her info under household member or Sponsor?What is the difference?

Thanks!

4 minutes ago, Sunshinestatefl said:

Hi guys, 

I'm asking this question for a friend...Her Us citizen husband is filing for her 2 kids.They are waiting on NVC case number....Her husband yearly salary does not above the poverty line for 2 kids. Where should she add her info to reach above the poverty line with her husband. Should she add her info under household member or Sponsor?What is the difference?

Thanks!

If they file Income tax Jointly and they live in the same residence then she should add it under household member section. she must also fill out her own I864A.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.