RD7712

Has Anyone Left Europe's Schengen Area for 14 Days to Then Enter USA?

1,424 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
1 hour ago, RD7712 said:

I saw some good news in Forbes about USA/Europe airline travel:

Hide contents

United Airlines UAL wants to make a strong return to China in June and will “pencil in” a relaunch of passenger service with four flights to three cities – Beijing, Chengdu, and Shanghai.

Japan is also seeing growth as United plans to resume three weekly Newark-Tokyo Narita flights.

In contrast to Asia’s growth, United is further reducing many European flights this summer, but will add three weekly San Francisco-Frankfurt flights on June 4 and three weekly Newark-Paris services on June 5.

I am not sure if this move by United is based on some indications they are receiving from the US government that in June things could be open. But it is worth to keep on eye out for. 

Yeah, I noticed all the flights from Amsterdam to the US go through Frankfurt.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
23 hours ago, RD7712 said:

Reveal hidden contents

United Airlines UAL wants to make a strong return to China in June and will “pencil in” a relaunch of passenger service with four flights to three cities – Beijing, Chengdu, and Shanghai.

Japan is also seeing growth as United plans to resume three weekly Newark-Tokyo Narita flights.

In contrast to Asia’s growth, United is further reducing many European flights this summer, but will add three weekly San Francisco-Frankfurt flights on June 4 and three weekly Newark-Paris services on June 5.

I am not sure if this move by United is based on some indications they are receiving from the US government that in June things could be open. But it is worth to keep on eye out for. 

American Airlines also announced their summer schedule April 2nd with some direct flights to Europe starting as early as June: http://news.aa.com/news/news-details/2020/American-Airlines-Announces-Summer-Schedule-Changes-to-Match-Reduced-Customer-Demand-Related-to-COVID-19-OPS-DIS-04/default.aspx

not sure if this is just the airlines trying to be prepared or if they have some information that we don’t. I hope they do!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline
On 5/2/2020 at 7:23 PM, RD7712 said:

Hide contents

The article says they're still further reducing European flights though.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 5/1/2020 at 5:02 PM, DesiJase said:

My fiance has his interview at the London embassy in June, we're praying by July or August that the ban will be lifted and another one isn't in its place. 

Me too! How were you able to schedule your fiancé’s interview at the embassy in London? My fiancé’s interview was scheduled in March but was cancelled because of Covid. He tried to reschedule but gets a message stating that there are not appointments available at the London embassy. Any advice you might have would be greatly appreciated!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

7 minutes ago, CarissaUSUK said:

Me too! How were you able to schedule your fiancé’s interview at the embassy in London? My fiancé’s interview was scheduled in March but was cancelled because of Covid. He tried to reschedule but gets a message stating that there are not appointments available at the London embassy. Any advice you might have would be greatly appreciated!

He was able to book it a couple of weeks ago and so far it hasn't been canceled, he just kept checking the website.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Austria
Timeline
4 hours ago, Ela S. said:

Traveling to Mexico tomorrow morning! All checked in. Flight’s not been canceled fortunately. Hopefully they don’t cancel it last minute. Both nervous and excited. Praying that everything works out fine. Will keep you all posted - hopefully from Mexico next time ✌🏼

Ela,

We are clapping for you! You are the trailblazer for the K1's in this journey. I hope all goes well. Good luck and let us know. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
5 hours ago, Ela S. said:

Traveling to Mexico tomorrow morning! All checked in. Flight’s not been canceled fortunately. Hopefully they don’t cancel it last minute. Both nervous and excited. Praying that everything works out fine. Will keep you all posted - hopefully from Mexico next time ✌🏼

Good luck! Where in Mexico? And when will you travel to the states? Please let us know if and when you made it to the US so I can go book my ticket 😉

Safe travels!

5 hours ago, Ela S. said:

I'm rooting for you, Ela!! Safe travels and looking forward to your updates :)

Timeline
3 hours ago, zrdn2019 said:

Following this thread! My fiance is in Croatia, his K-1 expires June 21, and we are freaking out...

Croatia isn't part of Schengen, is it?

11 hours ago, CarissaUSUK said:

I've been checking the London booking tool multiple times per day for the past couple weeks and there's been nothing. I'd assume they won't post more until they have a firm reopen date.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
4 hours ago, sl1pstream said:

Croatia isn't part of Schengen, is it?

Despite being part of the EU, Croatia IS NOT part of the Schengen Zone. ... In October 2019, the European Commission stated that Croatia is ready to join the Zone – so the country would only join the Schengen Zone in 2020, at the earliest.

is the flight ban for Schengen or EU or both??

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Lskifghj said:

Despite being part of the EU, Croatia IS NOT part of the Schengen Zone. ... In October 2019, the European Commission stated that Croatia is ready to join the Zone – so the country would only join the Schengen Zone in 2020, at the earliest.

Schengen, but it looks like they transfer through Germany.

Edited by sl1pstream

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Lskifghj said:

Croatia and Turkey are both not in the Schengen Zone. However, I doubt there are flights to the US. I wasn’t able to find any.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.