RD7712

Has Anyone Left Europe's Schengen Area for 14 Days to Then Enter USA?

1,424 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

Just been in Istanbul in November to meet my fiancée. It was only place that allowed tourists  from both our countries come without quarantine and pre-tests. 
Pretty safe (if you stay in good part of the city). I cannot say is that cheap or not, because it’s very subjective :)) you can find hotel or Airbnb based on your requirements. 

• 5 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
On 11/30/2020 at 9:56 AM, stuckonyou said:

Hi everyone,

I started a post recently to discuss K1 visa processing and effects of the Schengen travel ban

I was looking to just talk to others who are also waiting and to share any information, updates and things like that concerning our cases. Unfortunately my post was closed by someone who thought that it was about the same thing as this one.

But this post seems to only be about traveling to the US by going through a non travel ban country for 14 days, which doesn't help the actual K1 visa case at all because the embassies aren't issuing K1's due to the travel ban. I don't have any current plans to travel to the US through another country just to visit, so that's not what I wanted to discuss. The embassy still have my passport and hopefully my fiancé is coming to Sweden in the beginning of next year to visit me, so at this time the only reason for me to go through another country would be if I could do it with my visa and come to stay.

I only ready through the past two pages of this thread... and I feel very disappointed that mine was closed down, because we're not talking about the same thing at all. But since I was told to write here instead, is anyone here interested in talking about the actual K1 visa processing and what's going on with the travel ban and any new information and so forth and just help to keep each other updated?

Yes I was looking for info on this as well. My fiance is in Germany and our case is approved at nvc ,but waiting for the Frankfurt Consulate to start processing k1 visas. I hope the new administration will allow k1s to start being processed in the schnegen areas. I wish we had a love is not tourism movement in the US. I hope to visit my fiance for my bday next month. Has anyone travelled to the schnegen area for a visit and what was the process like? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/7/2020 at 1:20 PM, Sammum said:

Just been in Istanbul in November to meet my fiancée. It was only place that allowed tourists  from both our countries come without quarantine and pre-tests. 
Pretty safe (if you stay in good part of the city). I cannot say is that cheap or not, because it’s very subjective :)) you can find hotel or Airbnb based on your requirements. 

Hello Sammum, Just wanted to see if you were able to schedule your interview in Warsaw?  I heard mixed information, some people say that this consulate is not scheduling K1 visa interviews due to president proclamation, but some people saw that proclamation does not affect  K1 visas. Thank you

Timeline
1 minute ago, Ivan V said:

Hello Sammum, Just wanted to see if you were able to schedule your interview in Warsaw?  I heard mixed information, some people say that this consulate is not scheduling K1 visa interviews due to president proclamation, but some people saw that proclamation does not affect  K1 visas. Thank you

Unfortunately US Embassy in Warsaw does not schedule any K1 interview yet because of PP 9993. Contacted to them directly over email and also they sent notification to my fiancee.

This is a FAQ with clear explanation https://pl.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/frequently-asked-questions-iv/

5 minutes ago, Ivan V said:

some people say that this consulate is not scheduling K1 visa interviews due to president proclamation, but some people saw that proclamation does not affect  K1 visas. Thank you

Note that there are multiple proclamations in effect at the same time. Specifically, the Schengen Area proclamation is affecting K-1 issuance in Warsaw.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/News/visas-news/k-visa-processing-update.html "the regional COVID-related Presidential Proclamations (P.P.s) 9984, 9992, 9993, 9996, and 10041.  These COVID-related regional proclamations suspend entry into the United States of aliens who have been physically present in the People’s Republic of China, Islamic Republic of Iran, Schengen Area, United Kingdom, Republic of Ireland, or Brazil in the 14-day period prior to their entry or attempted entry into the United States."

16 minutes ago, Sammum said:

Unfortunately US Embassy in Warsaw does not schedule any K1 interview yet because of PP 9993. Contacted to them directly over email and also they sent notification to my fiancee.

This is a FAQ with clear explanation https://pl.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/frequently-asked-questions-iv/

Thank you, I appreciate your input, hope proclamation will be lifted soon

Timeline
15 hours ago, Ivan V said:

Thank you, I appreciate your input, hope proclamation will be lifted soon

It was lifted yesterday, but looks like not for a long :(

https://www.whitehouse.gov/presidential-actions/proclamation-terminating-restrictions-entry-certain-travelers-schengen-area-united-kingdom-republic-ireland-brazil/

in a few minutes 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I have sen mentioned elsewhere that it will be extended, we will see. 

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

1 hour ago, Sammum said:

Wow, I still take it as good news. Please let me know if you were able to schedule interview.

Timeline
On 1/19/2021 at 10:33 AM, Ivan V said:

Wow, I still take it as good news. Please let me know if you were able to schedule interview.

not that good

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/presidential-actions/2021/01/25/proclamation-on-the-suspension-of-entry-as-immigrants-and-non-immigrants-of-certain-additional-persons-who-pose-a-risk-of-transmitting-coronavirus-disease/

Ban has been reinstated

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Just a little glimmer of hope!

The press secretary was asked about exemptions for fiancees, students, and family reunification and she said they are looking into it.

vid https://twitter.com/shakeitorand/status/1354945572600352783?s=20

Edited by Djonessa

• 4 months later...

Hi, 

newbie here but I was just wondering if anyone has attempted this recently? The last post was from January and there must have been some people who have done this recently. Thinking of going via Mexico or otherwise the Caribbean. Wish I could go through Serbia or Croatia but there seems to be no direct flights.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.