54 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
4 hours ago, yoda one for me said:

Thanks & you're very welcome! I keep looking at my status on the off chance I catch it as it changes but no movement so far 😅

I think many of us are in same club.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Wondering if anyone doing AOS for a 10 year GC will have their interview waived? 

Non-Immigrant visa - H1B

Feb 2001. Enter the US

Nov 2004. Married to USC

May 2006. Depart US

Non-immigrant visa - L1A

Dec 2013. Enter US

AOS

May 2016. AOS submission.

June 2017. 10 year GC received

N400

March 22nd. N400 submission window opens

March 23rd. N400 submitted online

March 24th. Everything now visible in N400 online dashboard

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

@Sarah n Ryan

Congratulations. Great News!!
Back in the “olden days” when I was doing this,  around 50% of the K1s got to skip the AOS interview. I guess USCIS  figured they needed to keep the machine moving during social distancing. And adjudicators could work from home by taking home a few boxfulls of files and working through them.  I wonder if the card maker/mailers are short staffed and it will take awhile for the card to arrive. Update this thread when you get it. When we were waived, it wasn’t about massive evidence submitted because all I sent with AOS for marriage evidence was the marriage certificate.  

Best to the baby girl 🌷🌸💖

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

Update this thread when you get it. When we were waived, it wasn’t about massive evidence submitted because all I sent with AOS for marriage evidence was the marriage certificate.  

Best to the baby girl 🌷🌸💖

Same here- basic packet and the mandatory. 
Trying to find a reason and looked at our copy. 
Can speculate but no clue. 
We threw in the lease from our Townhouse, Baby Girls BC, she’s 8 months now(huge daddy’s girl), and Electric in Ryan’s name. 
Definitely will report back.  

If I could invite you and your wife over for some well over due tea, I would.  
Hated tea and vowed I’d never drink it.
He picked out a pretty elite set up when he arrived home for good.
Never knew kettles light up blue. 😂😂
Officially now a tea junkie 💯👍😊🎊🎈
 Be safe and well .. thank you!  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Sarah n Ryan said:

If I could invite you and your wife over for some well over due tea, I would.  
Hated tea and vowed I’d never drink it.
He picked out a pretty elite set up when he arrived home for good.
Never knew kettles light up blue. 😂😂
Officially now a tea junkie 💯👍😊🎊🎈
 Be safe and well .. thank you!  

Next time we’re in Indiana, we’ll look you up. 
I bought a nice stainless kettle when I got here and put the little plastic Walmart one away for emergency or travel. It started falling apart (after warranty ran out). I wrote Breville and told them I was disappointed in their product and didn’t expect a posh kettle to fall apart in just over one year. They sent me a brand new one with their apologies.

Timeline
2 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

Next time we’re in Indiana, we’ll look you up

That would be amazing and I’ll pm you. I have to show you this lit up and your Breville 👍
And not the pms in the past stressing over the interview. 
Want to know why ?  We got approved yesterday. Yeah.
Still in shock that I’m done for awhile with this. And still a relief writing it ! 
Cheers 🍵

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Zoeeeeeee said:

Congrats Sarah! So happy for you both! 🙃

@Zoeeeeeee.. been awhile my friend. Thank you so much. Hope you have transitioned well and all is good for the both of you ❤️🎈🎊

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
16 hours ago, Spam Hill said:

Wondering if anyone doing AOS for a 10 year GC will have their interview waived? 

I doubt it, but who knows.  Speculating, if they are granting interview waivers for K1 CGC’s, I expect there will be an interview at the ROC stage.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

12 hours ago, Sarah n Ryan said:

@Zoeeeeeee.. been awhile my friend. Thank you so much. Hope you have transitioned well and all is good for the both of you ❤️🎈🎊

It's good (well, as good as it can be under the situation). Herschell has been able to work from home, so we've been self-isolating for 4 weeks now - the downside is, we've both put on several lbs in those 4 weeks, cause I can't stop baking! I'm making bread, cake, cookies non-stop it feels like - my way of dealing with stress I guess! LA has extended their lockdown until 15th May, so I hate to think what we'll weigh then 🤣.

I checked my status last week online and it transpired that my case is ready to be scheduled for an interview, so I guess that means all paperwork was correct and no RFE! Now we just play the waiting game - but it's not so bad, I wouldn't be applying for jobs or trying to travel now anyway. 

How is your family doing? Stay safe. Xxx

Timeline
On 4/10/2020 at 3:09 PM, Sarge2155 said:

It's real my friend. No way it's a mistake.  I said that once I was notified, but at this late date and seeing how there's been several  waivers before yours IT'S REAL!!! I'M  so hoping that many others  are waived. Congratulations and it's ok to SCREAM. %$## this is soooo exciting.

@Sarge2155 update was “Card Mailed to me” on April 10th. Does it come pretty quick and through USPS? How long was it for your wife to get in hand? Curious as to how often we should be checking or how long it took ?   You were right but want that card in my hand first. 😂 

Thanks 

35 minutes ago, Sarah n Ryan said:

@Sarge2155 update was “Card Mailed to me” on April 10th. Does it come pretty quick and through USPS? How long was it for your wife to get in hand? Curious as to how often we should be checking or how long it took ?   You were right but want that card in my hand first. 😂 

Thanks 

Yes it comes  very quickly. They will send you a tracking number with your next status. Next status is card picked up by USPS. After you get the tracking number it's a matter of days before the card is in hand.

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Timeline
7 hours ago, Sarge2155 said:

Yes it comes  very quickly. They will send you a tracking number with your next status. Next status is card picked up by USPS. After you get the tracking number it's a matter of days before the card is in hand.

Ok.  That makes it much easier. Thanks ! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.