2,698 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
On 12/3/2020 at 12:43 AM, abamichelle said:

We are literally on the same timeline. I’m in Columbus. My husband just got his EAD in the mail today. Has anything changed in the USCIS case status? 

I am ready to be scheduled for an interview but in regards to the I-765, just that my fingerprints have been applied to my case. I currently have a job (came to the U.S on a work visa), so not sure if that could be a factor or not.. but it's all just a waiting game! I am patient but hubby not so much 😅

2 hours ago, malajoe said:

They usually send two biometrics appointment. One for 131/765 and another for 485.

*Not usually. Just this year has been inconsistent. Usually it's just 1 biometric appointment for I-485 and I-765:

biometrics-notice.jpeg

USCIS+BIOMETRIC+%2528AOS%2529+ESPIE.jpg

AP request based on pending I-485 doesn't require biometrics. Only AP request done outside the US based on humanitarian reasons or for significant public benefit requires biometrics: https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/forms/i-131instr.pdf Page 12

Edited by HRQX

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
27 minutes ago, HRQX said:

AP request based on pending I-485 doesn't require biometrics. Only AP request done outside the US based on humanitarian reasons or for significant public benefit requires biometrics: https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/forms/i-131instr.pdf Page 12

Page 12 only mentions that the biometrics service fee is not required.

The biometrics services fee is not required

Biometrics is still needed for AP

03/04/2020 -- AOS package (I-130/I-485/I-864/I-944/I-765/I-131) sent to USCIS

03/05/2020 -- Package delivered to Chicago Lockbox (Rejected)

04/20/2020 -- Package delivered to Chicago Lockbox (Rejected)

05/04/2020 -- Package delivered to Chicago Lockbox

05/14/2020 -- Checks cashed. Case numbers received (4 SMS)

05/19/2020 -- NOA1 Hard copies received

12/03/2020 -- Biometrics appointment notice received (Appointment on 12/21)

12/21/2020 -- Biometrics appointment

02/25/2021 -- I-765 New Card Is Being Produced

10/07/2021 -- I-765 & I-131 Renewal Package received by USCIS

02/23/2022 -- I-485 Interview was scheduled 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline

Has anyone had (or know someone who has had) the experience of getting in the queue for a callback from a tier 2 agent but you missed the initial call? Like if you're unable to answer the phone what do they do? Leave a voice-mail? Email? Just S.O.L. and have to call the contact center and get back in the queue?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline
7 hours ago, AHC said:

AOS 485 Interview Experience 

Date- December 03, 2020

location- Albuquerque, NM

PD- April 27, 2020

We reached the USCIS field office at 1045 am and interview was scheduled for 11 am. After crossing the security, we waited in the lobby and the officer came to call us at 11 am. At first we took the oath and then asked our names and DOB. Then asked for the state ID , passports, resident and employment cards. Then asked me some basic questions when I last entered to US, I have done any work illegally, whether was I out of status, overstayed my visa (F1), what am I doing in Albuquerque etc. All the time while asking he was checking all the documents. Then asked how we met, did we have a honeymoon and my spouse answered that and asked any plan for children and then I told may be in 3-4 years. After that all 485 related questions to me. Then he asked for what joint documents we have and we gave him two photo albums. He checked all the pictures of our marriage and day to day life. We told him where the pictures were taken and which event. Then I gave him all the joint documents. He checked each one of those and kept them to check our case again. Lastly, he told he would check all the documents again and if nothing required then go with the next steps. So wasn’t approved right at the spot ☹️

however, in the evening I got the card production notification and next day 130 and 485 were approved 🙂 

NB if your marriage/ engagement is on the real ground then DONT WORRY 🙂

Congratulations. 

53 minutes ago, JMLaw said:

Has anyone had (or know someone who has had) the experience of getting in the queue for a callback from a tier 2 agent but you missed the initial call? Like if you're unable to answer the phone what do they do? Leave a voice-mail? Email? Just S.O.L. and have to call the contact center and get back in the queue?

I missed two phone call back from tier 2 last month. It wasn’t really a pleasant experience. Tier 2 won’t leave you a voice mail. If you missed the call, you will receive an email saying “They tried to reach you by phone call but couldn’t reach you bla bla bla”. “Explore the online options or give them a call to schedule another tier 2 call back”

That’s what you’d probably get.

I hope that helps.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Kenya
Timeline
11 hours ago, Dutch_lee said:

I missed two phone call back from tier 2 last month. It wasn’t really a pleasant experience. Tier 2 won’t leave you a voice mail. If you missed the call, you will receive an email saying “They tried to reach you by phone call but couldn’t reach you bla bla bla”. “Explore the online options or give them a call to schedule another tier 2 call back”

That’s what you’d probably get.

I hope that helps.

I missed one last month too. When I called the 1-800..to try and reschedule another tier2 call back,the AI wouldn't let me through. I'll try the online tools again. I don't know what's happening

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hi all,

We filed AOS on April 14th, along with AP and EAD. Finally had biometrics done on 10/26, and now the online status has been sitting at "fingerprints applied to case" for I-485 and I-765 for the last 6 weeks with no update. I filed an "outside normal processing times" form for the EAD last week, but don't expect to hear anything immediately, if at all. Anyone else wait for 6+ weeks for the EAD after biometrics or are we just lucky yet again?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Tmac88 said:

Hi all,

We filed AOS on April 14th, along with AP and EAD. Finally had biometrics done on 10/26, and now the online status has been sitting at "fingerprints applied to case" for I-485 and I-765 for the last 6 weeks with no update. I filed an "outside normal processing times" form for the EAD last week, but don't expect to hear anything immediately, if at all. Anyone else wait for 6+ weeks for the EAD after biometrics or are we just lucky yet again?

I765 fingerprints were applied October 22, I131 on November 12 after second appointment. I485 updated to ready to schedule interview a day later, but no updates or changes to any cases since

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Argentina
Timeline
44 minutes ago, Tmac88 said:

Hi all,

I did Biometrics 47 days ago. Since then I tried calliing tier 1,  live chat, spoke to tier 2 twice, 2 service requests unanswered, congressman inquiry, ombudsman inquiry; NOTHING works

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
On 12/3/2020 at 11:56 PM, Geekosnap said:

Asking for a relative: After biometrics does USCIS update case status of I-485? For I-765 it says card produced and I-131 case approved. But no update for 485. It still says fingerprint fees received.

Same here. Mine is stuck on Fingerprints were taken for 485. I already have my EAD/AP.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Just wanted to post an update on my case: my case had a few interruptions because I needed to travel due to a family emergency. So I did the biometrics just a week ago and today I got an update that the case is ready to be scheduled for an interview! Will let you know when I receive the letter. Happy holidays everyone!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline
57 minutes ago, Rambava said:

Same here. Mine is stuck on Fingerprints were taken for 485. I already have my EAD/AP.

Same here, did biometrics in August. We received EAD/AP but no update on i-485 since they applied the fingerprints. On the case tracker app, looks like most of the other cases around me are in the same boat. (PD 4/15)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.