2,698 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, AlanaM said:

So finally received some good news today with the arrival of my biometrics appointment letter - 10/22 at the Cincinnati, OH office. I am wondering if anyone can give me some advice - for the proof of identity I have my passport and driver's license both of which still hold my maiden name (have not yet gotten around to wanting to spend the money to change it on my passport after I only recently renewed it for a small fortune lol) - and can't change my name on my driver's license if it's not changed on my passport 🙄. Will it be sufficient to bring along my marriage certificate along with my passport to show my name change? Did anyone have any issues with this? TIA! 

I'm not in Ohio, but I would assume marriage certificate plus passport and/or driver's license will be sufficient.

Isn't there something stated on the appointment letter, which actually says that this combination is okay? I don't have my appointment notice here right now to look, but I thought it said something like that 🤔

2 hours ago, emefcue said:

and anyone else with similar timeline know wow long it might take to get the advanced parole  or work authorizations card? or the ssn? ( we had appied for them to send ssn with the work authorization) we are excited at least that they did not forget about her! 

I can't tell, if we have a similar timeline because yours doesn't show anything since your K-1. But I can tell you, that for me it took around one month after the biometrics appointment to get my EAD approved... I don't know, if that helps you any 🤷🏻‍♀️

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

USPS Informed Delivery shows a letter coming from the NBC today. I haven't received it yet and mail normally comes in the evening 😬. Could this be a biometrics appointment or do those usually come directly from the ASC? I also submitted inquiries on both the I131 being outside normal processing times and I485 not receiving any response after receiving an RFE response back in May, so I suppose it could possibly be an update on either of those. Online tracker has no news.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline
11 hours ago, GmundShoes96 said:

USPS Informed Delivery shows a letter coming from the NBC today. I haven't received it yet and mail normally comes in the evening 😬. Could this be a biometrics appointment or do those usually come directly from the ASC? I also submitted inquiries on both the I131 being outside normal processing times and I485 not receiving any response after receiving an RFE response back in May, so I suppose it could possibly be an update on either of those. Online tracker has no news.

To answer my own question, it ended up being the biometrics appointment! So glad to finally have some progress after waiting for so long!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

The biometric appointment finally came today and is schedule for 10/21 for the San Francisco Office. Hope everything else will be smooth sailing from here.

On 10/9/2020 at 10:22 AM, AlanaM said:

So finally received some good news today with the arrival of my biometrics appointment letter - 10/22 at the Cincinnati, OH office. I am wondering if anyone can give me some advice - for the proof of identity I have my passport and driver's license both of which still hold my maiden name (have not yet gotten around to wanting to spend the money to change it on my passport after I only recently renewed it for a small fortune lol) - and can't change my name on my driver's license if it's not changed on my passport 🙄. Will it be sufficient to bring along my marriage certificate along with my passport to show my name change? Did anyone have any issues with this? TIA! 

All my ID was in my maiden name too. All she asked for was my marriage certificate and was a smooth process :)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Africa
Timeline
On 10/9/2020 at 1:26 PM, MJAK said:

Hi all. Is there anyone who still has not received biometrics appointment letter? I haven't had my case updated at all since they received my response to RFE. Any advice on what I should do?

Pd date April 7, have not recieved biometrics or anything else. I'm in south florida

Hi, My receipt date is May/06 and my NOA is May/12. I haven't received any updates, even biometric. I checked USCIS processing time. I can only request service for I-131. While, I don't need AP, I thought if I do service request, that may distract their sleep!! and hopefully I can get biometric and EAD.
Does anyone have experience with service request? Is it gonna have any good/bad result?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Argentina
Timeline
33 minutes ago, Hazhartkd said:

Hi, My receipt date is May/06 and my NOA is May/12. I haven't received any updates, even biometric. I checked USCIS processing time. I can only request service for I-131. While, I don't need AP, I thought if I do service request, that may distract their sleep!! and hopefully I can get biometric and EAD.
Does anyone have experience with service request? Is it gonna have any good/bad result?

My experience with service request is that no one ever answered to it.

Question for April filers: how long did it take you between Biometrics Appointment and Approval? I see a lot of people getting combo cards, but I don't know how long you are waiting after fingerprints.

Thank you!

2 hours ago, nacho2626 said:

Question for April filers: how long did it take you between Biometrics Appointment and Approval? I see a lot of people getting combo cards, but I don't know how long you are waiting after fingerprints.

Thank you!

Experienced the same thing. Nobody replied to my service request. They told me to wait 90 days since the opening of Asc of my location; My location ASC opened on 13 July according to uscis website and today the officer told me that it was opened on 20 July. During all inquiries they kept telling me that my Asc location was opened on 12 July and today they gave me a new date...What a joke. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
5 hours ago, nacho2626 said:

Thank you!

Fingerprints 8/28. Approval 9/25.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello all!

Did anyone here apply for the AP only (no EAD - meaning not a combo card) that would want to share how long it took to get the AP document after approval?

Our AP got approved 2 weeks ago but have not received the document yet. I see that combo cards take just a couple of days from approval to in-hand but it seems like AP alone takes longer??

We have a trip coming up so we're kind of short on time and need to make decisions.

Thanks!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline

Not sure it will affect anyone here but on the chance it does and you missed it, it seems you can apply for premium processing for any EAD now? Unless I misunderstood, in which someone please correct me!

https://www.natlawreview.com/article/uscis-to-expand-premium-processing-program-increase-fee-rates

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 10/12/2020 at 7:16 AM, H&C said:

Pd date April 7, have not recieved biometrics or anything else. I'm in south florida

PD 28 April, no biometric, no update whatsoever. When did your field office open? The last time I spoke with USCIS they told me there is nothing anyone can do unless the 90 day timeframe since the offices opened passes. Mine apparently reopened on Jul 15 so I have no option but to wait until Oct 15. Its in like 2 days and there is no chance I can get an appointment in two days. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.