2,698 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
3 hours ago, Tmac88 said:

I was hoping so haha. So letters will start going out next week for appointments to resume after the July 13th reopening? I assume up until the 4th doesn’t mean anything because letters will still have to be sent out after that, right?

thats what i understand from it

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 minutes ago, portorusa said:

We got a I-693 courtesy letter in the mail yesterday.

Patiently waiting for mid-July to receive an invitation for biometrics 🤞

Is that the letter letting you know that you didn't submit a medical and will have to have one before the interview? Where did your AOS get sent for processing?

We got an IOE receipt number and it's made it impossible to track anything or get an idea on a timeline :(

Hopefully you'll get the biometrics appointment soon! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 5/4/2020 at 9:43 AM, Murphy1994 said:

Hey everyone. Filed my form sometime in April and it was received on the 14th. Just checked my status and I have an RFE coming my way. Really nervous! I wish it told you online what the RFE was for.

Has anyone gotten an RFE recently and what’s it for?
The things I suspect they could be for:
-My husband hadn’t filed his 2019 taxes yet which he’s doing now.

-I couldn’t get those education equivalency reports due to COVID. I hope it isn’t that because I’ve no way of getting them!
-I sent error reports from the credit score websites because I didn’t have a credit score. I’ve since gotten a letter from Equifax saying I don’t have a credit score so it would be handy if that’s what it was 😔 

@Murphy1994 what was the rfe for? I’m getting my package ready now and am hoping to avoid an rfe or rejection!

On 6/5/2020 at 8:20 AM, eabrophy said:

Talk with your mailman! Ours didn't deliver the notices because she didn't recognize his name (we are temporarily living with my parents). Unfortunately, if they decide not to deliver the mail, it gets immediately returned as undeliverable. I spoke with a representative at USCIS who said that it shouldn't impact our case since there is no action needed from the initial receipt notice, but we still requested a resend of the documents just to have them.

Have you received your NOA1? Any update?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm still waiting for my husband's NOA1 for AOS. We received one for his EAD though. 🤔 Sent an inquiry to resend in case it got lost in the mail. That's been about a month now with no word still haha.

Edited by Ethateral

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline
8 hours ago, pkingking131 said:

Have you received your NOA1? Any update?

Nope, no movement since we submitted the inquiry. I called USCIS customer service last week and they said they couldn’t do anything until 30 days have passed, despite the fact that the date on the confirmation email said I could contact them if I hadn’t received anything after June 18. I’m pretty sure that all they’re going to do is resubmit the inquiry anyway. Guess we just have to wait 😔

12 hours ago, eabrophy said:

Nope, no movement since we submitted the inquiry. I called USCIS customer service last week and they said they couldn’t do anything until 30 days have passed, despite the fact that the date on the confirmation email said I could contact them if I hadn’t received anything after June 18. I’m pretty sure that all they’re going to do is resubmit the inquiry anyway. Guess we just have to wait 😔

Our 30 days is over and still they cant do anything !! customer service asked me whether I need to reopen a new service request

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Hi! Just checked my case online and I noticed that the status has changed for my I-765 from “Case received” to “case was updated to show fingerprints were taken”. Anyone else who received this update? 

1 hour ago, Matildathulin said:

Hi! Just checked my case online and I noticed that the status has changed for my I-765 from “Case received” to “case was updated to show fingerprints were taken”. Anyone else who received this update? 

Wow, that is amazing!!!!! I hope more people can share this news soon! When was your NOA1 date?!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
2 minutes ago, kec523 said:

Wow, that is amazing!!!!! I hope more people can share this news soon! When was your NOA1 date?!

Thanks!! I hope this means that it’s going in the right direction 🥳 

I think it was first week in May sometime! So soon two months ago.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.