dwheels76

NVC Filers - April 2020

804 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, SummerF said:

DQ!!!!!!!!! 

First and only submission. FEBRUARY 16TH!

thanks so much for the support 

Congratulations! Hopefully the embassies will be able to reopen soon and the travel ban can soon be rescinded as well.

(We submitted on 2/18, so I hope tomorrow or early next week we'll hear good news, too.)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
1 minute ago, JapanResident said:

Congratulations! Hopefully the embassies will be able to reopen soon and the travel ban can soon be rescinded as well.

(We submitted on 2/18, so I hope tomorrow or early next week we'll hear good news, too.)

Yes fingers crossed. You will hear something soon!!

I have a question about the signatures...I may have messed up.

The instructions said that you can’t have a TYPEWRITTEN signature. We signed electronically (a digital signature of our ink signatures stored on Adobe). You can’t even tell if it’s in pen or not. It’s identical to a pen signature. 

Is this going to be an issue? Should I re upload the forms as “Additional Docs” with a scanned ink signature? And make it look more...rugged?

Thank you. 

1 minute ago, MS&JA said:

The instructions said that you can’t have a TYPEWRITTEN signature. We signed electronically (a digital signature of our ink signatures stored on Adobe). You can’t even tell if it’s in pen or not. It’s identical to a pen signature. 

Is this going to be an issue? Should I re upload the forms as “Additional Docs” with a scanned ink signature? And make it look more...rugged?

Thank you. 

I think it's hard for any of us to say if it will be an issue, but I think a lot of us have seen that it has proven to be an issue for some people. That's why people here strongly encourage fellow applicants to use a real signature, scan it, and only then upload the document.

As for uploading it as an additional doc, I've seen people do that before, too, and it's been fine for them in the end.

I hope other people will comment if they feel differently! But my feeling is, better safe than sorry.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
26 minutes ago, MS&JA said:

Thank you. 

I did exactly this and submitted. Then someone here told me it could be a problem, i then later tried to upload the scan version of the ink signed copy but the website didnt let me upload despite several trials. so i gave up and hope they dont hold it against us. 

27 minutes ago, JapanResident said:

I think it's hard for any of us to say if it will be an issue, but I think a lot of us have seen that it has proven to be an issue for some people. That's why people here strongly encourage fellow applicants to use a real signature, scan it, and only then upload the document.

As for uploading it as an additional doc, I've seen people do that before, too, and it's been fine for them in the end.

I hope other people will comment if they feel differently! But my feeling is, better safe than sorry.

Thank you very much. We'll resend it with a scanned wet signature- better now than wait a few months to hear exactly what you're conveying. 

You've been incredibly helpful and we really appreciate your input. 

23 April  --> ANOTHER RFE :(

Doc re-submitted 10 Feb

Household member added 24 Feb 

Silver lining, they reviewed from when first re-submission date not last uploaded doc.

Reason for RFE: I used the wrong form, I-864a not an additional I-864 for joint sponsor.

You have no idea how much I am beating myself up about this silly mistake. The word household threw me off since I was using my dad. 

I want to cry.

IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Abu Dhabi Embassy 

DQ: 2020-23-05

Scheduled interview date: 2021-11-01

Interview result: Approved

11 minutes ago, TamMhmd said:

Doc re-submitted 10 Feb

Silver lining, they reviewed from when first re-submission date not last uploaded doc.

Reason for RFE: I used the wrong form, I-864a not an additional I-864 for joint sponsor.

You have no idea how much I am beating myself up about this silly mistake. The word household threw me off since I was using my dad. 

I want to cry.

I'm really sorry  😔 At least this will hopefully be the last checklist. 

Would you mind if I asked what the first RFE/checklist was for?

Hang in there. 

10 minutes ago, TamMhmd said:

Doc re-submitted 10 Feb

I want to cry.

Really sorry to hear about this. But you'll get through it! Remember, with all the embassies closed and air travel impossible or next to impossible, these RFE delays maybe won't set you back like they normally would. The important thing is to carefully correct what you can and resubmit it. You'll get where you want and need to be soon.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.