dwheels76

NVC Filers - April 2020

804 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: France
Timeline
13 hours ago, Quarknase said:

If I-130 was files by paper I believe it takes around a month. For online filers it's around 1-2 days from case approval.

We filed on line and we had to wait 3 weeks...

USCIS - FILING FOR I-751 (CR1)

May 21st 2022 : package sent (with Fedex / Delivered on May 23rd) 

May 27th 2022: case received with Receipt # (NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER)

May 31st 2022: NOA received. I-797 (24months extension)

June 11th 2022: NOA for a Biometrics appointment (set for June 30th - need to reschedule it - not in the US on that day! 😱)

June 14th 2022: walk in at the Center - all went well. Biometrics done!

December 8th 2022: Received a Notice of Action. I-751 APPROVED! 🎉

December 10th 2022: New GreenCard received in the mail 🥳

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
3 hours ago, Alix64 said:

We filed on line and we had to wait 3 weeks...

Are you sure? Online filing of I-130 was made available end of October 2019, I believe you filed before that date?

Filed: IR-2 Country: Haiti
Timeline
On 4/9/2020 at 10:58 AM, Alin04 said:

Just want to thank everyone on this forum! I have been a silent reader but now want to contribute to the community :)
We submitted our docs to NVC on February 5. Got RFE on April 7 stating that the AOS signature should be in hand. The problem was that it actually was handwritten. So, we called the NVC an hour later and they promised to handle this problem in up to 6 weeks.

And suddenly we got DQ the next day, April 8! 

Guys, do not get frustrated, it all will get done! 

Good luck to everyone!

Congrats! I am happy for you. I submitted my docs on Feb 19, hopefully will hear something soon.

Filed: IR-2 Country: Haiti
Timeline
On 4/10/2020 at 5:07 AM, Alix64 said:

Hi David,

Welcome here. :)

I'm not a big pro on this. But I know that your document have to be separated. For more clarity but also, because each document have to be less than 2Mo (so if you put taxe return and w7 in one, it may be more). Each taxe returns have to be uploaded as a separete document.

Other members here will give you more precise help.

Take care,
Alix

Your tax returns should be combine into one file. USCIS prefers tax transcripts since they are from IRS and include all the information they need. Transcripts are free can be obtained online from IRS.

Filed: Other Country: France
Timeline
3 hours ago, Quarknase said:

Are you sure? Online filing of I-130 was made available end of October 2019, I believe you filed before that date?

I'm sorry, I did not understand it was at that stage of the process. You are absolutely right.

USCIS - FILING FOR I-751 (CR1)

May 21st 2022 : package sent (with Fedex / Delivered on May 23rd) 

May 27th 2022: case received with Receipt # (NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER)

May 31st 2022: NOA received. I-797 (24months extension)

June 11th 2022: NOA for a Biometrics appointment (set for June 30th - need to reschedule it - not in the US on that day! 😱)

June 14th 2022: walk in at the Center - all went well. Biometrics done!

December 8th 2022: Received a Notice of Action. I-751 APPROVED! 🎉

December 10th 2022: New GreenCard received in the mail 🥳

19 hours ago, Lolonyo said:

I filed by paper but added email and cell phone for notifications on I130 and NVC sent me the Welcome letter one day after the I130 approval to both me & the beneficiary via email. I would say to check your spam email and if it is not there then call NVC for the information you need to sign on to CEAC. 

Checked my spam, thanks for the suggestion. Nothing yet. However the processing times say that I need to be more patient. I think you were one of the few lucky ones to receive a welcome email this fast! Hows your process going so far?

Feb 14 2019: Send I-130(a)
Feb 19 2019: Delivered

Feb 21 2019: Received NOA1 assigned to Nebraska Service Center

Oct 2 2019: Send I-129F

Oct 7th 2019: Delivered

Oct: 11th 2019: Received NOA1

March 30th 2020: I-130 Approved 

April 13th 2020: Case received by the NVC

May 1st 2020: NVC Welcome email received

May 1st 2020: Paid Bills, processed on May 5th 2020

May 15th 2020: First initial submission

May 26th 2020: Final submission

June 1st 2020: DQ NVC

Waiting for interview letter..

On 4/11/2020 at 9:25 PM, Quarknase said:

If I-130 was files by paper I believe it takes around a month. For online filers it's around 1-2 days from case approval.

Filed by paper, so that must be the reason. :)

Feb 14 2019: Send I-130(a)
Feb 19 2019: Delivered

Feb 21 2019: Received NOA1 assigned to Nebraska Service Center

Oct 2 2019: Send I-129F

Oct 7th 2019: Delivered

Oct: 11th 2019: Received NOA1

March 30th 2020: I-130 Approved 

April 13th 2020: Case received by the NVC

May 1st 2020: NVC Welcome email received

May 1st 2020: Paid Bills, processed on May 5th 2020

May 15th 2020: First initial submission

May 26th 2020: Final submission

June 1st 2020: DQ NVC

Waiting for interview letter..

5 hours ago, Rosie91 said:

Checked my spam, thanks for the suggestion. Nothing yet. However the processing times say that I need to be more patient. I think you were one of the few lucky ones to receive a welcome email this fast! Hows your process going so far?

I've paid the fees for AOS & IV on the same day we received the Welcome email. Waiting for the payments to post and show "paid" to continue with the AOS & DS260. That may be by Tuesday/ Wednesday. 

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Quietly hoping for some news this week on my case - Feb 9. I really need it. 

Hope everyone had nice Easter given the current situation. Matt

12 hours ago, Lolonyo said:

I've paid the fees for AOS & IV on the same day we received the Welcome email. Waiting for the payments to post and show "paid" to continue with the AOS & DS260. That may be by Tuesday/ Wednesday. 

Hi Lolonyo. Quick question. We did the same thing (paid on the date we received the email). The "START NOW" button for the AOS is blue so it looks like it can be clicked,  but when you do click it nothing happens. 

Does the AOS and DS-260 only become "live" after the fees shows as "PAID"?

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
15 minutes ago, MS&JA said:

Hi Lolonyo. Quick question. We did the same thing (paid on the date we received the email). The "START NOW" button for the AOS is blue so it looks like it can be clicked,  but when you do click it nothing happens. 

Does the AOS and DS-260 only become "live" after the fees shows as "PAID"?

Yes, I had the same. AOS button was always blue, but status needs to change to "paid" before you can do anything :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.