Greenbaum

APRIL 2020 K-1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

600 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline
7 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

I don't have for Segal. Can you share a copy when you receive yours? Just DM me when you're ready and I will give you my e-mail address.

@Greenbaum I keep trying to DM you but it says that you can not receive messages. I was wondering was I doing something wrong.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello again.

I apologize for having so many questions! I just want to verify that we cannot do anything until we receive the case number, right? Again, I'm so sorry! And yes, I did read the PDF file. I just want to verify.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Peach_ said:

Hello again.

I apologize for having so many questions! I just want to verify that we cannot do anything until we receive the case number, right? Again, I'm so sorry! And yes, I did read the PDF file. I just want to verify.

Not really just start gathering paperwork that is required for the interview like your affidavit of support, supporting evidence, etc.

Timeline

I have posted a link to NVC page below there you can see the next steps and what to look forward to. You can also see the timeframes for case creation and review. It’s appears to be updated weekly. 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/nvc-timeframes.html

Timeline
52 minutes ago, SumayyahS said:

I have posted a link to NVC page below there you can see the next steps and what to look forward to. You can also see the timeframes for case creation and review. It’s appears to be updated weekly. 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/nvc-timeframes.html

Thank you thank you!! the fees need to be paid now too? any idea where that can be found? 

Never mind :) I found it! i'm so sorry

Edited by Peach_
found what i'm looking for

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Croatia
Timeline

Has anyone seen this? I hope it doesn’t affect people who are already in the process

Trump claims he will temporarily suspend immigration into US due to coronavirus fears - CNNPolitics.pdf

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Croatia
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Kariz said:

Has anyone seen this? I hope it doesn’t affect people who are already in the process

Trump claims he will temporarily suspend immigration into US due to coronavirus fears - CNNPolitics.pdf 858.43 kB · 0 downloads

image.thumb.jpeg.f19ef86c9756173254f9b6e69f818464.jpegimage.thumb.png.a522f1a49bb52c5d6852fabb22146bc4.png

Timeline
13 hours ago, SumayyahS said:

Not really just start gathering paperwork that is required for the interview like your affidavit of support, supporting evidence, etc.

What's the difference between the I-134, Affidavit of Support and I-864, Affidavit of Support? And which do we fill out for our K1 visa

Thank you!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline
11 hours ago, Kariz said:

Trump claims he will temporarily suspend immigration into US due to coronavirus fears - CNNPolitics.pdf 858.43 kB · 0 downloads

I was just on the phone with my fiance in Chile and he told me this was on the news. I came on here to see if anyone had information...this didn't sound too good😩

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi All, 

I've read the super helpful PDF, but have another question.  I read on this site.... https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/national-visa-center.html  about the 'priority date' and  'cutoff date'.  We don't have a priority date listed on our NOA2, as the box is blank.  Is this something other people have noticed with theirs as well?  Is this even relevant? 

Thanks!

9 minutes ago, Jessica & Karl said:

Hi All, 

I've read the super helpful PDF, but have another question.  I read on this site.... https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/national-visa-center.html  about the 'priority date' and  'cutoff date'.  We don't have a priority date listed on our NOA2, as the box is blank.  Is this something other people have noticed with theirs as well?  Is this even relevant? 

Thanks!

Priority dates are for other visa's not the K-1.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

2 hours ago, CnE2019 said:

I was just on the phone with my fiancé in Chile and he told me this was on the news. I came on here to see if anyone had information...this didn't sound too good😩

Why doesn't it sound good? There is no law and he hasn't signed an executive order, so everything is normal. When it's normal it doesn't affect you. There is discussion concerning this in the subforum for COVID-19 news. The "sky is falling" crowd has gathered there. 

Go to the blue ribbon at the top of the page and select "Forums" and scroll down halfway on that page to find the discussion.

You'll find an entire thread speaking about this here:

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/173-coronavirus-covid-19/

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

3 hours ago, Peach_ said:

What's the difference between the I-134, Affidavit of Support and I-864, Affidavit of Support? And which do we fill out for our K1 visa

Thank you!

The I-134 form is not enforceable and is brought to the K-1 interview.  The I-864 is a legal contract between the US government and the sponsor and is sent with the adjustment of status application after marriage in the US. The I-864 requires the petitioner or sponsor for 10 years they legally support you unless you become a US citizen then all bets are off.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

14 hours ago, Kariz said:

It's all over VJ. Everyone has their panties in a bundle and for the life of me I don't know why. No law has been written or approved and no Executive or been signed. So, without either of those immigration continues as is.

You'll find an entire thread speaking about this here:

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/173-coronavirus-covid-19/

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

16 hours ago, Peach_ said:

Hello again.

Yes, without the case number there isn't anything you can do except you could work on getting any police clearances from overseas if you have lived in another country, not name United States, for more the 6 months from the age of 16.

Also, there are so many different items that you should be aware of and they are in the PDF on the first page, first post. Get a copy it will answer most of the questions you have now.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.