Greenbaum

APRIL 2020 K-1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

600 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kosova
Timeline

I contacted the NVC in order to have them update my email address. As pointed in the first bullet point of the PDF. However, they responded that they do not have my petition yet. I am confused. I did not ask them if they received my petiton, or not. How will I know in the future whether or not they received my case, and when and if they assign a case number? @Greenbaum

8 hours ago, Rob Beri said:

I contacted the NVC in order to have them update my email address. As pointed in the first bullet point of the PDF. However, they responded that they do not have my petition yet. I am confused. I did not ask them if they received my petition, or not. How will I know in the future whether or not they received my case, and when and if they assign a case number? @Greenbaum

You call them to receive your case number. Under normal times we could expect that the case file would be received by NVC from USCIS in about 30 days. So, the PDF recommends that you wait that length of time, but these are not normal times. So, it's hard to follow that criteria. They couldn't update your record with your email I suppose is there is no way for them to find you in their system. Hence you were turned away. Give it another week if you are past the 30 days from UCIS and try updating your email with NVC.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

13 hours ago, SumayyahS said:

Happy Easter Everyone!! I was just approved on April 9th after 85 days. I have downloaded the pdf so now I am just patiently waiting and researching. Congrats to everyone in the forum!!! 

Here's good news for Gambia. This is ONLY for GAMBIA. If you're interested in your embassy, I suggest you visit their website for most current information.

Appointments for Non-Immigrant Visas Are Now Available.

Routine visa processing and American Citizen Services (ACS) have now resumed at the U.S. Embassy in Banjul.  To submit a routine non-immigrant visa application, please visit 

www.ustraveldocs.com or ais.usvisa-info.com to schedule an interview.

Follow the links above to prepare. After you have your case number from NVC the It's time to rock and roll!

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Thank you for directing me to this thread instead of Dec 2019 one.

Anyone else here know how to get in touch with NVC to see if they've received your approved I29-F? I just went on their website it says "Phone (for nonimmigrant visa inquiries only)Temporarily Suspended" because of the coronavirus. And we checked if we can email them and it said "the NVC is unable to respond to nonimmigrant visa inquiries by email or fax" .

Also, do they notify us as well if they receive it? On the mail they sent NOA2, it only stated that "you(petitioner) will receive notification by mail when NVC has sent your petition to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate.

Thank you in advance!

Timeline
22 hours ago, Rob Beri said:

I contacted the NVC in order to have them update my email address. As pointed in the first bullet point of the PDF. However, they responded that they do not have my petition yet. I am confused. I did not ask them if they received my petiton, or not. How will I know in the future whether or not they received my case, and when and if they assign a case number? @Greenbaum

May I ask when you contacted NVC? Because on their website it said  "As such, the non-immigrant visa phone line has been temporarily suspended as well. Please refer to https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas.html or https://usembassy.gov for the most current information." And K1 falls under non-immigrant visa? 

Thank you!

Timeline
49 minutes ago, Peach_ said:

May I ask when you contacted NVC? Because on their website it said  "As such, the non-immigrant visa phone line has been temporarily suspended as well. Please refer to https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas.html or https://usembassy.gov for the most current information." And K1 falls under non-immigrant visa? 

Thank you!

Check the PDF on the first page. It has  a link to where you can ask NVC to update your email address. I was denied because they did not receive my petition yet. 

Edit: sometime last week. Probably Thursday or Friday. 

Edited by Rob Beri

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Rob Beri said:

Check the PDF on the first page. It has  a link to where you can ask NVC to update your email address. I was denied because they did not receive my petition yet. 

Edit: sometime last week. Probably Thursday or Friday. 

Thank you! I apologize, you don't have to answer but you were denied what?

Timeline
1 minute ago, Peach_ said:

Thank you! I apologize, you don't have to answer but you were denied what?

I guess the right word was not denied. They were unable to update my email address in the system as they have not received my approved petition.

I tried to follow the PDF, however, I am not entire sure what the point is in having your email update. I believe the NVC will notify anyways once a case number has been assigned. 

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Rob Beri said:

I guess the right word was not denied. They were unable to update my email address in the system as they have not received my approved petition.

I tried to follow the PDF, however, I am not entire sure what the point is in having your email update. I believe the NVC will notify anyways once a case number has been assigned. 

I see! Thanks again for the info. Have a good night! :) 

14 minutes ago, Rob Beri said:

So, let's do an exercise together to learn why you update your email or call for your case number. If you were approved at USCIS and NVC assigned a case number on 4/1. The next ship date is 4/13 and then you have another 3-4 days to your embassy. Once your file has shipped an email would be sent out, that is if they have an email address. Once at the embassy they throw the "ready" switch and you can pay your interview fee and schedule your interview appointment. So, now we are talking about a 3-4 week delay in scheduling that interview date while you sit and wait for something that may never come because they don't have your email address and you had to wait for the snail mail notification to arrive with your case number. I just provide you a way of shaving a month off your wait time with the email and phone check hack. You decide what works for you.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

So, let's do an exercise together to learn why you update your email or call for your case number. If you were approved at USCIS and NVC assigned a case number on 4/1. The next ship date is 4/13 and then you have another 3-4 days to your embassy. Once your file has shipped an email would be sent out, that is if they have an email address. Once at the embassy they throw the "ready" switch and you can pay your interview fee and schedule your interview appointment. So, now we are talking about a 3-4 week delay in scheduling that interview date while you sit and wait for something that may never come because they don't have your email address and you had to wait for the snail mail notification to arrive with your case number. I just provide you a way of shaving a month off your wait time with the email and phone check hack. You decide what works for you.

In short you save time by what you would waste by awaiting a paper copy confirmation. That makes sense. What steps can you complete once you have your case number ready? 

8 hours ago, Rob Beri said:

In short you save time by what you would waste by awaiting a paper copy confirmation. That makes sense. What steps can you complete once you have your case number ready? 

In the PDF I answer that question and many others. Get yourself a copy. Also, here is what is required by your embassy that you can prepare while waiting.

• Confirmation page of the application form DS-160.
  • Application fee of $265.00 USD: to be paid in cash (in dollars or euros) at the consular section on the date of interview.
  • A valid passport containing at least two blank pages.
  • One 5 x 5 cm (2 x 2 in) color photograph taken within the last six months (no eyeglasses).
  • Original birth certificate.
  • Evidence of any previously issued U.S. visas. If you are no longer in possession of the passport(s) containing the visas, you may advise the consular officer at the time of your interview.
  • Completed medical forms DS-2054, DS-3025, DS-3026, and DS-3030 (these will be the evidence from your medical delivered to the embassy prior to your interview).
  • Police certificates for applicants over 16 years of age. Applicants who have lived in a foreign country for one year or more after the age of sixteen must also present a police certificate from that country.
  • Court certificates for applicants over 16 years of age. If you have ever been arrested or convicted of a crime you are required to declare it; Please bring relevant court documents.‭ ‬
  • Divorce and/or death certificate(s) of any previous spouse(s) for both you and the U.S. citizen petitioner; If you have been denied entry into or ordered removed from the United States, furnish documents relating to this;
  • Proof of petitioner’s U.S. citizenship. This might include a birth certificate or U.S. passport.
  • Evidence of relationship with your US citizen fiancé(e), such as photographs, correspondence, proof of phone calls, passport stamps/airline tickets, or other evidence of a relationship over a period of time.
  • Evidence of financial support (Form 1-134).
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
4 minutes ago, RiBe said:

@Rob Beri just wanted to check if you have received any updates. We just got approved today and wanted to check if the embassy in Prishtina is working or not (we are in the same one). 

Thank you!

Congrats, how long did it take for your petition to be approved.

The embassy in Pristina is currently closed. However, that is irrelevant for now. Both of us will have to deal with the NVC first. I contacted the NVC last week. They said it will take up fo 6 weeks for them fo receive the approved petition from USCIS. After that they will assign a case number, and will mail it to the Pristina embassy. Hopefully by then they are back in business. 

Personal message me if you want more info and/ or if you wanna stay in touch.

Good luck.

Timeline

@Rob Beri Thank you!! It took 89 days to be approved, I was not expecting anything until at least May so it was a pleasant surprise. I was supposed to go and visit this Saturday but had to cancel my vacation so this news made things better :). 

Thank you for the information. Let's keep in touch, considering our approval dates and the embassy is the same we should hear about the next steps at about the same time. 

Good luck and hopefully embassy in Pristina will open soon!!  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.