Greenbaum

APRIL 2020 K-1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

600 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 12/12/2020 at 12:47 PM, kguin said:

Got an expedited k1 done. Interview is on January 21, 2020.

Why were you granted an expedited interview? We have requested that multiple times including 30 day notice for  two expiring medicals and we were told forget it. It's not happening.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My case got transferred to the montreal consulate in December but since then, there's been nothing. It's so disappointing because I had gotten my hopes up for a January interview but now, even a february interview seems unlikely because they still haven't given any news. On their website they still say they have resumed K1 operations but no K1 applicant has gotten an interview since November so it's so clear they are not processing them. We just don't know why 😭

I just wish they'd tell us what's going on. Why request cases from NVC if they don't plan on doing anything with them? They were doing so well in the fall and scheduled many interviews but this pause is concerning me

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

Hi people, I'm sad and frustrated at the same time, our petition came to Nicaragua by Sept 15th, since then me and my fiancée kept sending emails to the US embassy asking for directions, we were given only a scripted answer as to only wait, today after escalating my case for taking so long, we found out the notice for the p3 was sent to my fiancée instead of me but either the embassy or NVC did a typo on my fiancée's email and we got nothing, I know for a fact we have 4 months to present such documents, well...guess what! Monday is our latest day. Question:what could happen in this case? I sent screenshot when I had the email updated with NVC and the confirmation I got, my fiancée received it at that time, that email shows the right email they'd have used. Please we need guidance 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

You don't need to worry much... Just bring it to their notice... Draft a letter asking them to extend your petition. 

Speak the truth even if your voice shakes

Timeline
39 minutes ago, Sparkle Sparkle said:

You don't need to worry much... Just bring it to their notice... Draft a letter asking them to extend your petition. 

Should i send a physical letter or email?

Timeline
On 1/22/2021 at 11:02 PM, Sparkle Sparkle said:

I would send both. 

Got an extension and our paperwork will be sent this upcoming Tuesday

Timeline
1 hour ago, RoxyJen said:

Got an extension and our paperwork will be sent this upcoming Tuesday

Cool... Happy for you... And good luck 

Speak the truth even if your voice shakes

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Timeline

After the LONG journey of NVC > Embassy > entering the US > wedding: we are officially married!!!

Now we're off for another long ride of Adjusting my *husband's* status! Wishing you all the best and sending our love!!! xoxox Mr. & Mrs. G 😍

Timeline
17 hours ago, mryrth said:

After the LONG journey of NVC > Embassy > entering the US > wedding: we are officially married!!!

Now we're off for another long ride of Adjusting my *husband's* status! Wishing you all the best and sending our love!!! xoxox Mr. & Mrs. G 😍

Congratulations!

Hi all! After a very long and stressful journey, I’m happy to say my fiancé and I were approved yesterday and we should get his visa in 3 weeks. I’ve been restlessly checking our status on CEAC ever since and it says “NIV: Application Received” which what its been since his interview was done. Anyone else seen this status after approval? I’ve seen Refused and Administrative Processing but very rarely Application Received

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Update on State department website says K1 visas are finally getting approved for a National Interest Exception in the currently banned countries (Schengen area). Emailed NVC and the Paris embassy to confirm we don’t need to do anything further, but really hoping this translates to good news... If anyone hears anything further on their apps let us know!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.