Greenbaum

APRIL 2020 K-1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

600 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kosova
Timeline
2 minutes ago, RiBe said:

@Rob Beri Thank you!! It took 89 days to be approved, I was not expecting anything until at least May so it was a pleasant surprise. I was supposed to go and visit this Saturday but had to cancel my vacation so this news made things better :). 

Thank you for the information. Let's keep in touch, considering our approval dates and the embassy is the same we should hear about the next steps at about the same time. 

Good luck and hopefully embassy in Pristina will open soon!!  

That is great. No way, I was supposed to visit this Saturday too. Unfortunately, it didn't work out that way.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

@Greenbaum

Just a question in regards to the sponsor. 

Basically we are having to go with a co-sponsor now with all that’s happening. She has above $10,000 in savings and in her job earns way above the poverty line. 

She is quitting at the end of May. I know it’s what she currently earns at the time of the i tercies that matters and he dad is willing to be co-sponsor but i have 2 questions. 

1. what is it exactly that her dad will need. He is in a job that is actually within immigrations, will he still be able to be a co-sponsor? Will he also need a letter from his job and the letter from the bank and such? 

2. With her having all her savings and her current job, she MAY be unemployed by the time the interview is, but she may have a small job below poverty lever for the time being and that’s where the co-sponsor would come in. Does her savings and W2 count towards anything?

Thank you in advance!! :) 

Proposed - December 22nd 2019

i129F sent - January 13th 2020 (Start of the lonnnng journey!)

NOA1 recieved  - January 22nd 2020

Timeline
12 hours ago, Rob Beri said:

That is great. No way, I was supposed to visit this Saturday too. Unfortunately, it didn't work out that way.

I was also supposed visit (this Friday)! 

So annoying that we can’t go!! I last saw her January 4th! so i’m literally waiting until Trump gives us the thumbs up to go!! 

3 hours ago, Morgan&Stacey said:

@Greenbaum

Just a question in regards to the sponsor. 

Basically, we are having to go with a co-sponsor now with all that’s happening. She has above $10,000 in savings and in her job earns way above the poverty line. 

She is quitting at the end of May. I know it’s what she currently earns at the time of the i tercies that matters and her dad is willing to be co-sponsor but i have 2 questions. Can she not wait until after you get a visa?

1. what is it exactly that her dad will need. He is in a job that is actually within immigrations, will he still be able to be a co-sponsor? Will he also need a letter from his job and the letter from the bank and such? See my answer below.

2. With her having all her savings and her current job, she MAY be unemployed by the time the interview is, but she may have a small job below poverty lever for the time being and that’s where the co-sponsor would come in. Does her savings and W2 count towards anything? Not as a sponsor of you. The CO will consider her earnings potential but will have the same question that I have and that is "why is she quitting a job" prior to the interview. 

Thank you in advance!! :) 

If she can wait to leave her job until such time as you have the visa, that's a better situation to be in. She is going to have to support the two of you till such time as you get your papers that allow you to work. That time can be 3-6 months. Something to consider.

EVIDENCE OF SUPPORT: You must submit any evidence which will show that you and members of your family who will accompany you are not likely to become public charges while in the United States. Visa petitioner (US Citizen) will have to complete form I-134. If the petitioner does not qualify as a sponsor, a Joint-Sponsor should ALSO be presented (any US Citizen living in the US or Legal Permanent Resident), who will also have to complete form I-134. Both, the Sponsor (Petitioner) as well as the Joint-Sponsor, will have to present last year's income tax return transcripts. W2 form and proof of current and sustainable income (e.g. letter of employment on letterhead including salary and start date, most recent salary receipts, bank accounts, the value of properties, etc.). You may download the I-134 affidavit at https://www.uscis.gov/i-134 Get the IRS transcript in place of the actual 1040 here: https://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript Use this link to determine the income levels needed https://www.uscis.gov/i-864p. Also, the new requirement from most embassies is to complete the DS-5540. https://eforms.state.gov/Forms/ds5540.PDF. This form is completed by the beneficiary and never by a co-sponsor.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

If she can wait to leave her job until such time as you have the visa, that's a better situation to be in. She is going to have to support the two of you till such time as you get your papers that allow you to work. That time can be 3-6 months. Something to consider.

EVIDENCE OF SUPPORT: You must submit any evidence which will show that you and members of your family who will accompany you are not likely to become public charges while in the United States. Visa petitioner (US Citizen) will have to complete form I-134. If the petitioner does not qualify as a sponsor, a Joint-Sponsor should ALSO be presented (any US Citizen living in the US or Legal Permanent Resident), who will also have to complete form I-134. Both, the Sponsor (Petitioner) as well as the Joint-Sponsor, will have to present last year's income tax return transcripts. W2 form and proof of current and sustainable income (e.g. letter of employment on letterhead including salary and start date, most recent salary receipts, bank accounts, the value of properties, etc.). You may download the I-134 affidavit at https://www.uscis.gov/i-134 Get the IRS transcript in place of the actual 1040 here: https://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript Use this link to determine the income levels needed https://www.uscis.gov/i-864p. Also, the new requirement from most embassies is to complete the DS-5540. https://eforms.state.gov/Forms/ds5540.PDF. This form is completed by the beneficiary and never by a co-sponsor.

So she is quitting because she is moving back to Puerto Rico from NYC as her lease is ending and she doesn’t want to be stuck in NYC for another year and isn’t really able to get into a new health insurance plan as with her job she can’t leave it early and would have to pay the remaining if the year and she NEEDS health insurance and it’s a lot cheaper in PR so she’s moving back there to save money. 

So she can’t really stay in NYC for a few reasons. 

In terms of supporting me, i will have around $11,000 saved myself so supporting myself isn’t a problem during the time. i’m a very minimal person and we have budgeted like crazy so this will be something that is okay. 

Okay, so ideally she needs to be in a job above poverty level, and if not in that job we need to have a co sponsor who needs to basically submit the same details as her. Sorry i didn’t see if him being in a immigration job would cause issues?

Thank you!!!

7 minutes ago, Morgan&Stacey said:

So she is quitting because she is moving back to Puerto Rico from NYC as her lease is ending and she doesn’t want to be stuck in NYC for another year and isn’t really able to get into a new health insurance plan as with her job she can’t leave it early and would have to pay the remaining if the year and she NEEDS health insurance and it’s a lot cheaper in PR so she’s moving back there to save money. 

So she can’t really stay in NYC for a few reasons. 

In terms of supporting me, I will have around $11,000 saved myself so supporting myself isn’t a problem during the time. I'm a very minimal person and we have budgeted like crazy so this will be something that is okay. Part of the adjudicating process for the CO is can the two of you live above the poverty level without becoming a public charge. Your savings and your lifestyle are not weighed as part of this process.

Okay, so ideally, she needs to be in a job above poverty level, and if not in that job we need to have a co-sponsor who needs to basically submit the same details as her. Sorry I didn’t see if him being in an immigration job would cause issues. The employer function of the co-sponsor will not have any effect on the financial aspect. Sorry I didn't respond to that question. Both petitioner and co-sponsor submit the same information. Each embassy is different in what they require but what I gave you would satisfy any embassy. Too important of a step now not to be well prepared.

Thank you!!!

I hope I have been some help. Good luck and be safe.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline

@Greenbaum I have called my bank for verification letters but no one can give me twelve months of deposits. Is it ok if I just send in bank statements? I have my three years of w2s, tax transcripts as well. 

Just now, SumayyahS said:

@Greenbaum I have called my bank for verification letters but no one can give me twelve months of deposits. Is it ok if I just send in bank statements? I have my three years of w2s, tax transcripts as well. 

Bamk statements are fine. All that is needed is a copy of the statement page that shows previous balance and current ballance. You don't need to copy all the pages for a statement month.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
2 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

I hope I have been some help. Good luck and be safe.

Hi thanks for the help. I suppose we will just definitely have to get her dad to be a co-sponsor! 

thank you again :) 

To add on to sumay question above, so we don’t need a letter from the bank, signed by the bank, statements are enough? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline
16 minutes ago, Morgan&Stacey said:

Hi thanks for the help. I suppose we will just definitely have to get her dad to be a co-sponsor! 

To add on to sumay question above, so we don’t need a letter from the bank, signed by the bank, statements are enough? 

I still have letters from my banks I’m just using the statements to fill in for the 12 months of deposits. I also have three years of W2s and tax transcripts when we have an actual interview date will print out my last three pay stubs. I rather provide more information than not enough.

55 minutes ago, Morgan&Stacey said:

To add on to summary question above, so we don’t need a letter from the bank, signed by the bank, statements are enough? 

That's correct. Bank statements with beginning and ending balances is all that is necessary. Usually most banks will have that as a part of the first page. See the example below.

2020-04-15_10-56-13.jpg

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

1 hour ago, Rob Beri said:

Does this mean the NVC is not processing K1 visas at the moment? @Greenbaum 

No is specifically states phone calls are suspended for non-immigrant and that any documents that must be submitted (immigrant visa applicants upload documents to NVC as part of their process) are to be submitted via the web link. Nothing has changed. Case numbers are being assigned and cases, where embassies will accept, are being shipped.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

34 minutes ago, R and sh said:

Hi there, I see a lot about a P3 what is it used for? is there one for panama and costa rica thanks.

The P3 is a set of instructions from the interviewing embassy that lists the requirements and steps that must be taken to reach the interview.  Which country is it that you will interview in? I may have your P3. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.