Oroski

BAD! ROC + N400 Combo Interview Went BAD! (merged with update)

75 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Jorgedig said:

Do both of you struggle with the English language?  Do you live together full-time?

Jorgedig, 

My wife was born here. Her english is fine.
I struggled to deliver the information in the manner she wanted. Sometimes I got confused and asked her to repeat the question, sometimes I didn't stated the facts in the order they happened, but I was always fixing it and being apologetic and appreciative of her patience.

We do live together full time for the past 4 years.

Thank you so much for your input and your help!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Uruguay
Timeline

I've been noticing a lot of bad stories like this and I often wonder why is this even allowed?

K-1 Visa process (I'm the USC [F]) [2018-2019]

Spoiler

Sent packet: August 10, 2018 (Lines Compressed to fit signature restriction guideline)

USCIS Received package: August 14 - Notification in text/email: August 17 - Mail received from USCIS: January 22, 2019
USCIS Approved I-129F Petition: January 17 - NVC Received Case: February 14 - NVC Case # Assigned: February 14

US Embassy Received: Not sure but got email reply - March 11 - Instructions Received via e-mail: March 19

Interview: May 7 - Approved! - Arriving to US/POE: June 12 - Married July 15, 2019

AOS Process [2019-2020]

Spoiler

Sent packet: July 27, 2019 - USCIS Received Package: July 29 - [Hiccup] Package was sent back due to incorrect fee and sent on August 5.
Notification in text/email: August 12 @ 12:30AM - Check cashed: August 12 - NOA 1 Mail: August 16 - Biometric: September 5 @ Atlanta, GA

AOS RFIE: Sept. 28 - got in mail by Oct 3. [They lost my Husband's Birth Certificate] - Sent back AOS RFIE: Oct 16 2019, at office by Oct 17.
AOS Case update notice on April 9th, 2020, waiting for mail. - Interview date: Scheduled as of July 15, date is August 19. Passed the interview!

My Husband got his GC! 2 Year Conditional Green Card expires 08/19/2022, Residence since 08/19/2020

ROC Process [2022-2024]

Spoiler

Sent packet: June 16, 2022 via USPS, USCIS Received Package: June 21
Notice in text (didn't get email nor text on other phone): June 24
Notice date: June 23, package is at SRC (Texas Service Center), Paid with Credit Card, payment taken on June 25
NOA 1 Mail: June 30, Biometric: Reused
Got letter in mail for extension: April 12th, Received date June 21, 2022, Notice date: April 5, 2023 = 48 Months Extension. No physical card yet.
Approved without interview as of Feb 15th, 2024. Was not a combo interview with N-400.

Naturalization N-400 [2023-...]

Spoiler

Filed Online: July 28, 2023NOA: July 29, 2023
Service Center: NBC, application # starts with IOE#.
Biometrics waived. Got NOA mail Jan 5, 2024 says Interview in Nashville, TN on Feb 6, 2024.
Queue for review and approval. Already in line for Oath Ceremony as of Feb 13th, 2024.

9 hours ago, millefleur said:

Is there anything in your case that could have triggered this level of suspicion, any red flags? How much evidence did you send in initially when you filed the I-751?

Sorry you had to go through all that.

Millefleur, 

I honestly do not think so. Our bills are entangled together, (under my name I pay the rent, health plan and internet.Under her name She pays the phone and the power bill.) everything under the same address. The house we rent with our name on the lease, as well as other roommates. We submitted pictured, our lives together, her with my parents, me with her family.... Tax documents under same address filled jointly, vehicles documents with both of our names in the title, vehicle insurance with both of us as drivers, a joint bank account, that we don't use but we still have in case of emergency, bank statements of trips we made together along with pictures, letter of friends stating we are together for real, few pieces of mail stating our names under the same address...... I have a facebook account that i never use, just on emergencies. I Don't have any other social media. She has all social medias, but she doesn't use her facebook anymore.
I sincerely do not know.....

Thank you for your input and your time. I really appreciate it.

6 hours ago, And_Sam said:

My (ex) husband had the same issue in the Orlando office. He originally had his interview for his ROC but they held off making a decision until after we had a consult with a well known lawyer in Orlando who recommended applying for the citizenship. It pushed them to make a decision on the ROC but it made the office push to have a second interview that included me. It was a literal nightmare! Finally they approved his citizenship but it was literally 5 years that he had been here in the US. The strain that it put upon us both pretty much sealed the doom of our marriage...Hold strong to each other and keep on keeping on!!! Good luck!!!

And_Sam, 

Thanks you very much to share your story. Im sorry it happened in this terrifying way for you as well.
If you wouldn't mind, and if you could, refer me the name of that lawyer, i'll be very appreciative. I'm still lost not knowing what to do next, but trying to keep strong.
But I think the next step would be searching for legal help.
I'm happy for you two that this has already ended. Sincerely, Is a truckload on uncertainty that throws you off your normal state of being.
Thank you for your kind words. Hoping everything turns up positively.

3 hours ago, Kallon said:

Don't worry, I had the same interview and even messed up more than you but my i751 and n400 was approved. 

Kalllon, 

Oh my GOD, I hope everything you said turns out out to be real to me as well!
I don't know how important is answering the collour of your partners underware versus all the evidence we provide.
But I really reeeeeally hope they consider all the stuff in the case and not only the terrifying interview we had.

Thank you so much for sharing your experience and for your positive words!

23 minutes ago, WaterLeaf said:

I've been noticing a lot of bad stories like this and I often wonder why is this even allowed?

WaterLeaf, 

Agreed 150%!
And it was such a big contrast because our first green card interview was WAAAAAY different. It went pretty smooth and it was more like a talk.
We entered together, presented the evidences the IO asked, he was polite and courteous although serious and professional all the time. We were talking, he was asking crossed questions, he never EVER yelled or made any bad frustrating comments nor insinuated fraud at all. In the end of the interview he was laughing with us, supper chill and even let us know his decision right on the spot. He even advised us how to proceed later on with the ROC.

I detailed this experience here somewhere on my profile, I think under my timeline.

But I hope this does not keep as a standard procedure, cuz it's just like torture.

Thank you for stopping by and for your input!

33 minutes ago, PrisEri said:

So sorry you had to go through this. Hope it all turns out well for you guys!

PrisEri, 
Thank you so much for your words!
I hope what you said comes true!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I’m so sorry for your horrible experience.. I have read some cases where the IO’s were tough, but in the end approved the application. You have nothing to worry about if your relationship is genuine, IMO. Hold your head up high. Here’s to hoping you will get positive results soon 🙏

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

I am so sorry you guys had to go through this.

I have full understanding that it's the job of an IO to detect fraud and to scrutinizes during interviews, since this is the only way to detect fraud. But disrespectful behavior should not be tolerated. I recommend that you and your wife document everything very detailed, as long as it's fresh. Once your immigration journey is complete, I would send a complaint to the Ombudsman because the higher ups should know what their staff is doing, and if they use inhuman practices. I assume you have the name of the IO that interviewed you?

@TBoneTX (and I hope I remember correct that it was you) I remember that you stated a while back that you filed a complained (or intended to) after your wife's immigration journey is over, correct? Was there any action taken to your knowledge?

3 hours ago, AGF said:

I’m so sorry for your horrible experience.. I have read some cases where the IO’s were tough, but in the end approved the application. You have nothing to worry about if your relationship is genuine, IMO. Hold your head up high. Here’s to hoping you will get positive results soon 🙏

AGF, 

Thank you so very much!
This is the only thing we can do now, hope everything comes to a good end.
I hope your words come true.

2 hours ago, Quarknase said:

I am so sorry you guys had to go through this.

I have full understanding that it's the job of an IO to detect fraud and to scrutinizes during interviews, since this is the only way to detect fraud. But disrespectful behavior should not be tolerated. I recommend that you and your wife document everything very detailed, as long as it's fresh. Once your immigration journey is complete, I would send a complaint to the Ombudsman because the higher ups should know what their staff is doing, and if they use inhuman practices. I assume you have the name of the IO that interviewed you?

@TBoneTX (and I hope I remember correct that it was you) I remember that you stated a while back that you filed a complained (or intended to) after your wife's immigration journey is over, correct? Was there any action taken to your knowledge?

Quarknase, 

I do indeed have the name of the officer. I did not know if it would be a good idea to post it here, thats why I did not.
But that is a terrific Idea!
And I do agree with what you said. My wife has some emotional conditions already and GOD forbid she had any cardiac condition or diabetes.

We will pull ourselves together do document what had happened to us to the best of our knowledge, so we have a solid piece of evidence in case we need.

I really do appreciate all your inputs and all your help!
Thanks for mentioning TBoneTX with a similar case.
This is all really helpful and I useful!

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
19 minutes ago, Manecuneco said:

Quarknase, 

I do indeed have the name of the officer. I did not know if it would be a good idea to post it here, thats why I did not.
But that is a terrific Idea!
And I do agree with what you said. My wife has some emotional conditions already and GOD forbid she had any cardiac condition or diabetes.

We will pull ourselves together do document what had happened to us to the best of our knowledge, so we have a solid piece of evidence in case we need.

I really do appreciate all your inputs and all your help!
Thanks for mentioning TBoneTX with a similar case.
This is all really helpful and I useful!

Just for clarification - I think TBones case was very different but plastered by incompetency. I tagged him for insight if a complaints to the higher ups is impactful in any way :)

And I agree - posting the name of the IO would not be fair. She might have done wrong, but you don't need to go down to her level :)

Filed: Country: India
Timeline
20 hours ago, Bill & Katya said:

Keep your head up and think positive.  

👆This. We all meet lot of mean people in our life. The only thing we can do is to be respectful to them. You will be just fine with your case, if everything documentwise is fine, they cant deny you. Good luck.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.