2,976 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 3/4/2020 at 4:08 PM, Sabrina42 said:

I just got a denial notice for I-485 fee waiver. I’m currently waiting to be called in for interview in some places i applied for jobs. ( got c31 ead card ) in December. I have some money left from the money my ex husband paid as ordered by the court in 2018 but it’s not enough to pay for $1225 fee. Does anyone know if I have a specific time to resend? I plan on waiting to get a job so as to be able to make the payment. Any other suggestion? Thank you 

If you don't have the money to pay USCIS fees then submit again, you probably   didn't submit enough proof showing you do not have funds to pay the fees.Submit your bank statement, mention how much you pay for rent, food, phone, commute,etc...

Just now, sandranj said:

If you don't have the money to pay USCIS fees then submit again, you probably   didn't submit enough proof showing you do not have funds to pay the fees.Submit your bank statement, mention how much you pay for rent, food, phone, commute,etc...

I have been living with a friend since i left the domestic women shelter since 2018. She wrote an affidavit that she has been supporting. I don’t have a bank account yet. I’m presently, waiting to be called for a job interview so i can pay. Do you think it’s a wise decision. Thanks for being there.🤗

Timeline
On 3/5/2020 at 8:31 PM, Hritik Rohail said:

@sandranj and @Stillwinning!!!😊 please help and guide me-- there is 4/5 weeks difference IN MY PLACE OF RESIDENCE as it mentioned on my Form G-325A filled with I485 originally, and form I -360. I' ve an explanation but do you think it will be hurdle in I360 approval? 

Mail a letter to VSC explaining  the weeks differences now, but you had the opportunity to explain before  when you filed the forms I-485  and  I-360, you could use the last page of the forms to explain what you wanted.

Timeline
17 minutes ago, Sabrina42 said:

I have been living with a friend since i left the domestic women shelter since 2018. She wrote an affidavit that she has been supporting. I don’t have a bank account yet. I’m presently, waiting to be called for a job interview so i can pay. Do you think it’s a wise decision. Thanks for being there.🤗

Write in your I-912, that you are unemployed and you do not have a bank account, any assets or savings. Mention that you were in a shelter for victims of domestic violence until 2018 and now your friend is providing you free room and board but she can't help you financially, and you don't have anyone to help you financially either, therefore you can't pay the USCIS fees.

Notarize your friend's affidavit.She should write her name, address, date and place of birth. She should mention your name, your  place and date of birth, and state that she is providing you free room and board since xxxx.,and she should write " I declare  under penalty of perjury under the laws of the United States of America that the foregoing is true and correct".

Edited by sandranj

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline

Hello friends.

Congratulations on International Women's Day for all the women who are here. March 8.

I wanted to say that the Migration Service gave me an answer (for the Police letter of receipt) after Prime only one Letter, by email (letter received) The letter was from the Sheriff of the city where I and my son lived. This letter was asked to be made by my friend, he is an American, they did him. I asked to make such a letter and I did not receive a response. I don’t worry, I understand that everywhere there are laws. I left, so I am still grateful that they are helping me.
I just think I should say that.
I hugs everyone.

9 hours ago, dreamer1 said:

So I sent mine to Vermont. 

few week later I asked my congressman to inquire on my behalf if all was updated. Vermont got back to them with a confusing reply, they said: 

"When your constituent filed Form I-360 she was represented by an attorney.  Your constituent chose the option of having of having notices and secure documents to that attorney.  If your constituent chooses to remove her attorney and change her safe address she needs to submit a signed, hand written letter to VSC stating that she wishes to remove the attorney of record and state this is my new safe address and then give the new safe address.

In any case USCIS needs to have the address at which your constituent resides so that, for instance, appointments for biometrics can be scheduled at a location closest to your constituent.

As far as your constituent’s forms at the NBC, if she wishes to change her safe address she will have to send a similar letter to NBC

Now I am waiting on a reply from NBC to see what they say but it's taking forever. I am thinking for sending a AR 11 to NCS as well but not sure, I dont want them to get confused. 

Perhaps someone else can answer it better. 

Oh wow, thanks for the info. Best regards. 💖

On 3/5/2020 at 11:22 PM, Shroy123 said:

We usually receive a courtesy letter for medicals to bring at the time of interview. I haven’t submitted my medicals as well. Waiting for my courtesy letter

Hi everyone!
I received the courtesy letter informing that you have to take the medical tests to the interview, but I have not received the letter with the invitation for the interview.
I ask:
1. Should I expect to know the appointment for the interview or can I have the medical tests without having received the appointment for the interview?
2. Approximately how long after receiving the letter for medical tests is that USCIS sends the letter with the date for the interview?
Thank you all!

2 hours ago, iamrpeu said:

Hi everyone!
I received the courtesy letter informing that you have to take the medical tests to the interview, but I have not received the letter with the invitation for the interview.
I ask:
1. Should I expect to know the appointment for the interview or can I have the medical tests without having received the appointment for the interview?
2. Approximately how long after receiving the letter for medical tests is that USCIS sends the letter with the date for the interview?
Thank you all!

Apparently it varies for each location. Speaking from NYC... Received my CL in July 2019 actual interview March 2020! (8months) 💁 so anywhere from 5-10months. Could be less or more. Be expectant.👍

2 hours ago, iamrpeu said:

Hi everyone!
I ask:
Thank you all!

You will know your interview date only when you get the notice. Except you've been already scheduled and can find out with the help of your representative. It's best to get the letter before embarking on the medical update journey..as there is a validity situation about the medicals. It has to be valid 60days from the date the civil surgeon signs it- as at the time you present it to USCIS. The implication of getting it done early is that it may expire before the interview date.💁

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
17 hours ago, dreamer1 said:

If you have been living separate for 6 months or more, you can file single - as per my tax guy. Just did mine today. 

You cannot file single and you are married. You have to file married separate. Filing single when u are married is tax fraud. 

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hi everyone! 
Happy International Woman's Day!
Guys I got the following email from my ex yesterday:

I am sorry for what I did to you and to your family. I’m sorry for hurting you and just leaving you in the dust. With no where to go and very little options. I understand how that must have felt and I was incredibly insensitive towards you. You didn’t deserve it. I know you may never forgive me but I want you to know I am truly sorry.
If you need help, I can help you. As a friend and nothing more. I know things might be tough right now.

So, I am thinking that such an email might be an additional proof because if person is sorry it means that person feels guilty and so it means they did something..
What do you think? Should I send it to USCIS as an additional proof ?
Thank you!

5 minutes ago, DmytriiD said:

Hi everyone! 

I am sorry for what I did to you and to your family. I’m sorry for hurting you and just leaving you in the dust. With no where to go and very little options. I understand how that must have felt and I was incredibly insensitive towards you. You didn’t deserve it. I know you may never forgive me but I want you to know I am truly sorry.
If you need help, I can help you. As a friend and nothing more. I know things might be tough right now.

So, I am thinking that such an email might be an additional proof because if person is sorry it means that person feels guilty and so it means they did something..
Thank you!

this is indeed will help you. Keep it for your record and if asked by USCIS provide that. 

Filed: Other Timeline
1 hour ago, Pinkrlion said:

You cannot file single and you are married. You have to file married separate. Filing single when u are married is tax fraud. 

Dude, I dunno. I trust this accountant. As always, everyone should do their due diligence before blindly following anyone’s advise who is not a professional 

6805044F-FA09-4CB9-A27D-DB6155F1540F.png

3 minutes ago, dreamer1 said:

Dude, I dunno. I trust this accountant. As always, everyone should do their due diligence before blindly following anyone’s advise who is not a professional 

6805044F-FA09-4CB9-A27D-DB6155F1540F.png

My tax preparer from HR Block asked me if my abuser lived with me in the last 6months I said no, then he filed it as single as usual for the tax year of 2017 and 2018 now the 2019 current one..I took my previous tax documents all single status to the interview where I was approved! I asked about why he filed single..he said that's how it's done tax wise..so it must be really how's done..seeing this right here.👍

1 hour ago, DmytriiD said:

Hi everyone! 

Thank you!

If your case is strong, i would say dont do it or keep with if you receive an RFE.. 

Edited by Shroy123

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.