2,976 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

@Matou, tnk u very much dear. I called the number and I put my A number, it said

the A number you entered did not match any record in the system or the case has not been filed with the immigration court.  Pls contact the local homeland security or immigration office for more information. 

What can I do next or wat does it mean. pls

10 hours ago, Precious100 said:

Hi folks, am filing my i-485. I was married to my abusive husband and my work permit ran from Jan 2018 to Dec 2018. But he abandoned me  January 2019 and never showed up for interview. My case was abandoned. Finally, we got divorced but I was still working with it in the office where I worked cos I have no other means of survival. They finally stopped me working on march 2019. I applied for vawa July 2019 and got RFE on September  2019 which I responded Jan 20120. Now I am filing-485 and I got to the question  of "have you worked unauthorized". 

Secondly, A question says have you been in removal proceedings ? I dunno what it means ...I didn't show up for my interview because my abusive husband got the letter on the mail and tore it before abandoning me, unknown to me I have been called for an interview only to receive a 30 days notice to leave the country. So is that a removal proceeding ?

I don't know what to put because if I say yes, will they deny my application or if I say no will they find out later. Please friends help me with an answer @sandranj@Stillwinning!!!😊

God bless you all wonderful people.

Hey mama,  I would be honest on your i-485. I just recently filed and I explained like I did on my declaration that I worked unauthorized because after I left my hubby, I was practically homeless and needed a way to provide for myself. No family no one to depend on. Explain your situation honestly. I don't know if they would have found out if I said no, but I didn't want to risk it, i wanted to be honest.

18 minutes ago, luminarc said:

Hey mama,  I would be honest on your i-485. I just recently filed and I explained like I did on my declaration that I worked unauthorized because after I left my hubby, I was practically homeless and needed a way to provide for myself. No family no one to depend on. Explain your situation honestly. I don't know if they would have found out if I said no, but I didn't want to risk it, i wanted to be honest.

Way to go..there're quite a number of legal forgiveness (waiver) for VAWA petitioners..so being honest puts you in a good light..whether they are able to discover or not. Besides we don't know what they are able to uncover...honesty is always the best policy!😊👍

1 hour ago, Precious100 said:

@Matou, tnk u very much dear. I called the number and I put my A number, it said

the A number you entered did not match any record in the system or the case has not been filed with the immigration court.  Pls contact the local homeland security or immigration office for more information. 

What can I do next or wat does it mean. pls

Did u put the right alien number?

OMG y'all I have been on edge since I sent in my paperwork which hasn't even been that many days, but I decided to call USPS to make sure that they delivered to the right address, and they told me that they delivered my paperwork to the post office associated with that address because VSC uses a caller service where their mail is delivered to a post office, and someone from VSC picks up the mail, now I have more reason to be on edge. 

Filed: Other Timeline

@luminarc, Tnk u dear. I was going through a lot after my husband divorce me. So I had no option but to continue with my job till the office stopped me. I will definitely. So they can waive it. Did they reply your 485  ? 

13 minutes ago, Precious100 said:

@luminarc, Tnk u dear. I was going through a lot after my husband divorce me. So I had no option but to continue with my job till the office stopped me. I will definitely. So they can waive it. Did they reply your 485  ? 

Not yet, I just sent it about 2 weeks ago, so no word yet, still being patient. Anyway, just be honest on your form and let God take control. 

1 hour ago, luminarc said:

OMG y'all I have been on edge since I sent in my paperwork which hasn't even been that many days, but I decided to call USPS to make sure that they delivered to the right address, and they told me that they delivered my paperwork to the post office associated with that address because VSC uses a caller service where their mail is delivered to a post office, and someone from VSC picks up the mail, now I have more reason to be on edge. 

It is possible that thy have been send to a offside facility for additional screening before being send to VSC 

1 hour ago, luminarc said:

next time always request for signature from USPS. it will be $3 extra. atleast you will know they delivered it

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
21 hours ago, cindy122808 said:

Hello everyone! I'm happy to see approvals!

I want to request to expedite my Advance Parole to travel. How do I go about this? Thanks in advance

Ask your congressman to make an expedite request for you with proof of the emergency situation. I did it last November and it was approved. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.