2,976 posts in this topic

19 minutes ago, TBoneTX said:

As long as you were to return in ample time, your AP is good until it expires.  If you return here during April, you should be fine.  (Have someone trustworthy collect your mail in case an AOS interview notice arrives.)

Consider, however, whether your destination country might be quarantined or a travel ban issued because of the coronavirus.  (This might be only a very low-level concern.)

This might be worth a phone call to a CBP (Customs & Border Protection) port.  Ask to speak to the supervisor on duty, explain your immigration status, and ask what might happen if you intend to return on a timely basis but a coronavirus ban on travel is issued while you're away.  If you make this call, let us know what you learn.

I apologize to you if I'm overthinking this! :P 

Seriously, blessings to you and your dad.

There are different aspects to consider for a possible trip in my situation and yes one of them is coronavirus, I’m thinking about that too. Other than not being able to return to US I’m also concerned about my dad’s health. If I get this virus during traveling and if I give it to him etc. his immune system is very weak and I can’t risk that. So yeah I’m considering this trip in my mind atm but not sure if I’ll make it happen. 

Thank you for your sincere advice and thoughts. I so appreciate it all. 🙏 

6 hours ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

You can travel as long as your AP is valid..the clause is..do NOT exceed the validity of the document! So if you're able to manage it then good..otherwise you may be asking for trouble. Go see your dad though. I'm daddy's girl..I'll definitely go see my dad if I were in your shoes!😊👍

Thank you for sharing your knowledge and opinion. I truly appreciate it. 🙏

It’s been just emotionally tough not really being able to support my family with my dad’s health situation. But you know I made it this far with my legal process and don’t wanna mess it up. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

You know, I would go.

To heck with the risks.  Wear a mask in his presence.  You have one dad.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

On 3/4/2020 at 11:18 PM, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Thanks dear TXvawa 😊😘 I'll still try my best here so help me GOD!🙏 you're definitely in my prayers! Godbless you darling💚💜💙💛

You are welcome . Thank you ! :)  God bless you. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
12 hours ago, GreenB said:

Hi everyone,

What do you guys think about using AP while waiting for an AOS interview? My case was approved mid January 2020, I got my c31 EAD but other than that nothing yet. My current AP expires in May. And my dad is dealing with cancer and going through chemotheraphy.  Idk if I should go see him before my AP expires. Even if I apply for a new AP I think it may be risky to leave the country after May. They may send me a notice or anything. And if everything goes well and I get my GC it won't be before the end of this year probably.

I went to see my dad last December after he had his first surgery but I just feel bad not being able to support him during this time.

What do you guys think? Is it safe to travel with an almost expired AP while waiting for an AOS interview? I'm thinking about a trip in early April since my current AP expires on 5/9/2010.

@sandranj  @Stillwinning!!!😊 I'd really appreciate your thoughts about this...

I just came back from my home country with my AP. Make sure that you come back before it expire in May. 

Even if you apply for a new Advance Parole, you can only leave the country when you have the document in your hand. 

14 hours ago, AJJU said:

i received a huge RFE 429571255_ScreenShot2020-03-04at8_16_32AM.thumb.jpg.f7a6ae934a65a2c780a138507f25590d.jpg1660373188_ScreenShot2020-03-04at8_17_07AM.thumb.jpg.4b129be9064083d471cc6b65a775b788.jpg

@Ajju, didn't you submit lease agreements in both names or bank statements showing financial responsibilities.  You can go ahead and add those if you have them as those can show bona fides of the marriage,  while you will also write a detailed statement starting from when you dated, how the abuse started, what help you got going through the abuse, while you write a detailed statement get family and friends to also attest to your statement 

8 hours ago, Firat(Tur) said:

he says he doesnt have them. he knows what he sees he need help. You are not helping at all.

These are the basic evidences to proof bona fide marriage. If tax returns, bank statements are not available then he needs to write in detail why these documents are not available. Same with utility bills and other shared documents

his friends provided him with affidavits, they need to write it more in detail

Filed: Other Timeline

Hello fam,

So this was my interview experience. I got there and checked in 2 hours ahead on my time to be there.

Waited want about 30 minutes then the officer called me in and did the swearing in.

I don't even know how and where to start but it wasn't a typical vawa interview and not friendly as I wished.

We went thru all the list addresses I lived. Verified my details and now said that whatever documents I have to support my case I can present them. At that point I gave her the documents listed on the Call In/Interview sheet.

Regardless of that she asked about my ex, how me met and made me narrate from the day we met up till date. At a point my words couldn't flow because it was like scratching old scars into new wounds when I got to the abusive part. But nevertheless I got myself together and continued and until we came up to the yes/no questions which was the breathing point for me.

In all it took over 2 hours and at the end waited for her to make copies of literally everything I had when I applied initially ( tax returns, passport, new medical I did, EAD card and took the originals of some pictures left of myself and my spouse, lease agreement joint bank statements.......etc)

Right before I went thru TSA at the airport flying back to school on Tx. a couple minutes ago I got a notification : Interview was completed and case must be reviewed.

At this point I don't know what's next or what final outcome will be because from what I understand she wasn't supposed to go near the my abuse but I guess at her discretion she surely did. I remember asking her before I left which case number this interview was for and she responded by reading out the case EAC......... my vawa 485.

Again I asked does it mean that my 360 was approved and her response that I can check that online or set up an info pass to find.

She wasn't friendly or helpful at all but in all I'm still grateful to God that at least someone somewhere has seen or touched my case finally in 3 years.

And the final outcome is surely in HIS HANDS 🙌🙏.

God bless everyone on here going thru this process. It's not over until it's over 😊🙏🙏

And sorry for this long post.

10 minutes ago, aquila said:

Hello fam,

So this was my interview experience. I got there and checked in 2 hours ahead on my time to be there.

Waited want about 30 minutes then the officer called me in and did the swearing in.

I don't even know how and where to start but it wasn't a typical vawa interview and not friendly as I wished.

We went thru all the list addresses I lived. Verified my details and now said that whatever documents I have to support my case I can present them. At that point I gave her the documents listed on the Call In/Interview sheet.

Regardless of that she asked about my ex, how me met and made me narrate from the day we met up till date. At a point my words couldn't flow because it was like scratching old scars into new wounds when I got to the abusive part. But nevertheless I got myself together and continued and until we came up to the yes/no questions which was the breathing point for me.

In all it took over 2 hours and at the end waited for her to make copies of literally everything I had when I applied initially ( tax returns, passport, new medical I did, EAD card and took the originals of some pictures left of myself and my spouse, lease agreement joint bank statements.......etc)

Right before I went thru TSA at the airport flying back to school on Tx. a couple minutes ago I got a notification : Interview was completed and case must be reviewed.

At this point I don't know what's next or what final outcome will be because from what I understand she wasn't supposed to go near the my abuse but I guess at her discretion she surely did. I remember asking her before I left which case number this interview was for and she responded by reading out the case EAC......... my vawa 485.

Again I asked does it mean that my 360 was approved and her response that I can check that online or set up an info pass to find.

She wasn't friendly or helpful at all but in all I'm still grateful to God that at least someone somewhere has seen or touched my case finally in 3 years.

God bless everyone on here going thru this process. It's not over until it's over 😊🙏🙏

Oh my God. What an experience. I feel your pain as I'm reading through. The Lord God Almighty will do the miraculous 

31 minutes ago, aquila said:

Hello fam,

I thought they weren't supposed to talk about the abuse for  i485 interview?? I hope you feel better luv.

15 hours ago, Hritik Rohail said:

@AJJU draft your detailed reply in light of Stillwining !!! advice. For your information it may include;

What to mention in your affidavit about Courtship and Marriage.

When and Where did you meet your husband?

How long did you date before you were married?

How often did you talk to him/her?

When did  you tell your family and friends about him/her

When did he tell your family and friends about you?

What do you have in common with him/her? age, religion, sports?

Describe what did you use to do when dating? movies, dinner out, visiting parks, trips together? describe

Where did you spend the holidays when dating and/or engaged( Valentine's day, Christmas, New Year, your birthday, his/her birthday, Thanksgiving?

Tell about how you fell in love

Tell about he/she fell in love

When did he/she propose? 

Did you buy or get a ring?

Did you call your family to let them know about the engagement, how did they react?

Describe the wedding, who attended

How and with who did you celebrate your wedding? party, dinner out? friends, family, co-workers?

Describe what he/she wore on the wedding day? describe the mood, anxious, happy?

Tell about the marriage, how long everything was ok, when did start the abuse?

This is very detailed. Godbless you dear!🙏

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.