Sarge2155

March 2020 AOS Filers

1,285 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Norway
Timeline
25 minutes ago, Mako_5 said:

Hi guys i want to share, just got a message from USCIS that they received my  case. Filed on the 3/24, package delivered at PO box on the 03/29. They didn't  charge money yet. Now i will wait a hard copy of  NOA by mail. Hope all process will be easy and  fast. Good luck to everyone!

Congrats!! That's a big step! Anxious to get my messages soon as well. My package was delivered on 03/25, but I guess they don't necessarily process them in the order they received them.

Best of luck to you too!

Concurrent I-485/I-130/I-765/I-131 Filing (married to USC spouse):

2/23/2020: Sent in application via FedEx (following rules before new Public Charge rule) 

2/25/2020: Arrived in Chicago, IL
3/13/2020: Packaged received in return and rejected due to "outdated forms"
3/24/2020: Refiled application with new forms including I-944
3/25/2020: Arrived in Chicago, IL (received by Harper)

4/13/2020: Received 4 late-night texts with case numbers
4/14/2020: Application fee withdrawn from my bank account

4/17/2020: Received hard copies of Receipt NOAs (I-797Cs)
4/17/2020: Requested EAD expedite
4/20/2020: EAD expedite request denied: Case in "in suspense or on hold until we receive your biometrics" +  did not provide evidence of "extreme emergent need"
8/1/2020: Received biometrics appointment notice (for I-485 and I-765)
8/11/2020: Biometrics appointment at the ASC in Sacramento, CA

8/12/2020: Online case status for I-485 and I-765 updated to "fingerprints related to ... have been applied to your case"

8/17/2020: Online case status for I-131 updated to "fingerprints related to ... have been applied to your case"

8/18/2020: Online case status for I-485 updated to "we are ready to schedule your ... for an interview"

9/4/2020: Online case status for I-765 updated to "New card is being produced"

9/8/2020: Online case status for I-765 updated to "Case was approved"

9/8/2020: Online case status for I-131 updated to "Case was approved"
9/10/2020: Online case status for I-765 updated to "Card was mailed to me"

9/12/2020: Received I-797 Notice of Action (approval notice) for I-765 and I-131
9/14/2020: Received my combo EAD card (work authorization and advanced parole)
8/13/2021: Filed renewal application for both I-131 and I-765
11/9/2021: Filed expedite request for both I-131 due to sick father in Norway
12/15/2021: Received email from USCIS for supportive documents (after multiple calls)
12/17/2021: Sent in supportive documents (letter from doctor, hospital appointment notices ++)
12/22/2021: Status changed to "card being produced" (letter on MyUSCIS.com confirms this will be a combo card)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
14 hours ago, brainless69 said:

Got the hard copies of my NOA1 today

all received on the 26th march notice date is 1st april.

no new notices about biometrics in the letter but i guess they just shoot out the templates. will wait and see what i get through the post. 

9 hours ago, Mako_5 said:

Hi guys i want to share, just got a message from USCIS that they received my  case. Filed on the 3/24, package delivered at PO box on the 03/29. They didn't  charge money yet. Now i will wait a hard copy of  NOA by mail. Hope all process will be easy and  fast. Good luck to everyone!

Congrats guys!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Alright, a little update:
Filed AOS/EAD/AP: March 10th 2020.
I received two text messages an hour an a half ago:
"Your case was recived. Receipt # MSC**********. Official Receipt Notice (Form I-797) to follow in mail".
I checked here https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do and the first text/case # was for form I-485's fingerprint fee and the second text/case # was saying that they recived my I-131 on March 11th. They also wrote to contact them if I haven't received my receipt notice by April 10th, but at this point I might as well just wait till the end of this week.
I am so happy cause it means the I-797 will arrive soon in the mail, but at the same time I realize I might find an RFE right there. I so DO NOT want to work on those papers again so let's hope for the best.
They haven't cashed the check yet but oh... they won't forget I'm sure! 😂

K-1 Fiancè Visa

• I-129F

NOA1: 2018-12-19
NOA2: 2019-03-29
NVC: 2019-04-30
Consulate & Packet 3: 2019-05-08

Interview Date : 2019-11-05  APPROVED!
Visa Received : 2019-11-07
US Entry: 2019-12-13
Marriage: 2020-02-20 YAY!!

• AOS

AOS/EAD/AP sent: 2020-03-10

Biometrics: 2020-08-07

EAD: 2020-07-11  APPROVED

Hi all.  Well, my fears have come true.  Our application came back again today with the exact same note, that it wasn't fully completed.  I am so confused and sad.  I do not know what we are possibly doing wrong. Does anyone have any advice or suggestions? : ( 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kazakhstan
Timeline
56 minutes ago, kec523 said:

Hi all.  Well, my fears have come true.  Our application came back again today with the exact same note, that it wasn't fully completed.  I am so confused and sad.  I do not know what we are possibly doing wrong. Does anyone have any advice or suggestions? : ( 

Oh so sorry to hear that. Have  they send a message with case number or just send your appliction back without any notice? Can you remind what form did you sended? 

2 minutes ago, Mako_5 said:

Oh so sorry to hear that. Have  they send a message with case number or just send your appliction back without any notice? Can you remind what form did you sended? 

They sent the same rejection notice that they sent last time. It's not letting me upload here because it says it is too large. 

On 3/20/2020 at 3:23 PM, kec523 said:

Hi all.  Well, sadly our form came back today rejected.  I had a feeling when everyone else's started getting processed.  I have no idea what we did wrong.  Will go over everything again tonight. Clearly we are missing something but I don't know what.  imageproxy.php?img=&key=da9b9b78549feebeAnd now with IL being on a shelter in place I guess we have to wait minimum two weeks to send it back again.  : ( 

IMG_0477.jpg

This is the same form that we got back again. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
22 minutes ago, kec523 said:

This is the same form that we got back again. 

I'm so sorry to hear you got the stupid letter of rejection again! reading the letter you have attached it seems like something you have ticked in part 2 on the I485 is the reason, and it reads as if you didnt include the i944 and i864 and the additional information they need. Its hard to know more, have you tried calling the USCIS? perhaps they could elaborate?

18 minutes ago, brainless69 said:

I'm so sorry to hear you got the stupid letter of rejection again! reading the letter you have attached it seems like something you have ticked in part 2 on the I485 is the reason, and it reads as if you didnt include the i944 and i864 and the additional information they need. Its hard to know more, have you tried calling the USCIS? perhaps they could elaborate?

I know - it doesn't make sense.  I don't know what I'm missing.  I called them the first rejection, and they said that they couldn't access/provide specific information and to follow the instructions for the forms.  So I am clearly doing something wrong on one or more of the forms, and I don't know what it is.  Super sad and frustrated. 

2 hours ago, kec523 said:

I'm so sorry you were rejected again. Is there any chance that you left any sections blank? I think I remember one of your past posts where you said you left the language section blank on the I-944. This is just a guess so I could be wrong and may not be the cause of your rejection but USCIS is rejecting applications that are incomplete, even if the petitioners left sections blank that don't apply to them. 

https://www.dhs.gov/blog/2020/01/23/ombudsman-alert-recent-updates-uscis-form-instructions
USCIS announced they would reject certain applications for this reason. I know this link isn't about the AOS forms but there's a chance they could be doing the same for AOS forms. 

We may reject your Form I-918 or your Form I-918 Supplement A if you leave a field blank, unless the field is optional.

You must provide the specific information requested about you and your family and answer all the questions asked. If any question does not apply to you or you do not know the information requested, answer "none," "not applicable," or "unknown." You must provide detailed information and answer the questions as completely as possible. If you file your application with missing information, we may return it to you as incomplete.

If you left anything blank that didn't apply without marking the sections as N/A, NONE, etc. there is chance that could be why they're not considering your application complete. 

Again, I could be wrong and maybe you already did this. Just offering an idea of a possibility. 

34 minutes ago, kec523 said:

I know - it doesn't make sense.  I don't know what I'm missing.  I called them the first rejection, and they said that they couldn't access/provide specific information and to follow the instructions for the forms.  So I am clearly doing something wrong on one or more of the forms, and I don't know what it is.  Super sad and frustrated. 

What I would suggest  and do is start from scratch. Download ALL NEW FRESH FORMS  making sure double sure they are the correct editions and versions. Go through each question fresh. Do not rely on the rejected copy to fill out the new one. I think that will solve the problem. Don't  let this keep you down, get up off the floor and get back on the bike......you got this!!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

7 hours ago, kec523 said:

I’m with @Sarge2155 download all new forms to ensure correct version and complete them all from scratch. Ensuring you put N/A in every section that dosent apply.. 

make sure your cover page page lists each form submitted as part of the package and then an index page for each form listing all evidence attached to it e.g noa2, i94 etc etc... check double check all instructions for each form

Edited by Duke & Marie

AOS Journey

• I-485 etc filed 23 April 2020 
  • NOA1 I-485 June 3 2020 
  • NOA1 EAD 23 April 2020
  • Biometrics 5 Jan 2021
  • EAD approved 12 March 2021
  • Interview Completed 24 March 2021
  • EAD Card Received 1 April 2021  
  • Case under review 2 April 2021
  • New Card is Being Produced 25 September 2021
  • 10 Year Green Card Approved and Mailed 27 September 2021 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

Still haven’t heard anything from USCIS on our AOS.

package sent 3/23 and recorded as delivered 3/25.. no money taken as of yet either 😢

AOS Journey

• I-485 etc filed 23 April 2020 
  • NOA1 I-485 June 3 2020 
  • NOA1 EAD 23 April 2020
  • Biometrics 5 Jan 2021
  • EAD approved 12 March 2021
  • Interview Completed 24 March 2021
  • EAD Card Received 1 April 2021  
  • Case under review 2 April 2021
  • New Card is Being Produced 25 September 2021
  • 10 Year Green Card Approved and Mailed 27 September 2021 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

10 minutes ago, Duke & Marie said:

Still haven’t heard anything from USCIS on our AOS.

package sent 3/23 and recorded as delivered 3/25.. no money taken as of yet either 😢

It's  coming you know the deal!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
13 hours ago, kec523 said:

Im sorry to hear.  USCIS workers aren't bright. I have yelled at them on multiple occasions. always gets done faster every time.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.