Sarge2155

March 2020 AOS Filers

1,285 posts in this topic

18 minutes ago, kayden123 said:

Greetings, K-1 Visa here,

She came from the Philippines right before Covid 19 happened (Jan 31st), About to send our AOS paperwork once we check everything 4000000000 times.

thank you everyone for the information, 

Kayden and Kareen

Git er done  welcome to the thread!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Question while going over the I864  

Part 5 Sponsors Household Size. 

1. states to include the person I am sponsoring (my wife)

2. Is me

3. is Enter 1 if i am married.

so my question is, why is my wife counting as 2 people for the household size? am i doing this wrong?  I attached a picture.

Thanks!

IMG_20200325_0002.jpg

Timeline
25 minutes ago, kayden123 said:

Question while going over the I864  

Part 5 Sponsors Household Size. 

1. states to include the person I am sponsoring (my wife)

2. Is me

3. is Enter 1 if i am married.

so my question is, why is my wife counting as 2 people for the household size? am i doing this wrong?  I attached a picture.

Thanks!

IMG_20200325_0002.jpg

yes i see where it says dont count the person twice, just wondering what other have done. This is for a K-1 Visa.  I'm just checking everything before i send it in, 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kazakhstan
Timeline
2 minutes ago, kayden123 said:

yes i see where it says dont count the person twice, just wondering what other have done. This is for a K-1 Visa.  I'm just checking everything before i send it in, 

Look well on   where says person you NOT  sponsored in this affidavit is mean you should just count yoyrself and a dependend  children,  where says  if you are curently married leave  that blank, because you are going to sponsoring your wife. 

Persons you are  sponsoring in this affidavit:  so number 1 is means your wife that you put already her information  up in Part 3  item number 29. So household size is 3.  I hope i explained well. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Mako_5 said:

Look well on   where says person you NOT  sponsored in this affidavit is mean you should just count yoyrself and a dependend  children,  where says  if you are curently married leave  that blank, because you are going to sponsoring your wife. 

Persons you are  sponsoring in this affidavit:  so number 1 is means your wife that you put already her information  up in Part 3  item number 29. So household size is 3.  I hope i explained well. 

thanks, im just second guessing myself and needed someone else to confirm. Thank you!

4 hours ago, brainless69 said:

I guess i was lucky with my SSN and credit report? i did the AMEX global transfer and managed to get my credit report.....

hope your SSN comes soon!

It's been so interesting to me with the roll out of the 944 how it highlights the differences between different countries that immigrants are coming from.  People from Europe, English speaking countries, very developed countries have so much more capability to do this than people coming from island countries, developing countries, impoverished countries, etc.  Many without sufficient credentials, proof of education, credit card and bill history, etc.  Not a judgement in any way, just an observation I've made. 

Anyway, so glad you were able to access a credit report, one less thing to stress out about!!!! 

5 minutes ago, Mako_5 said:

Agree! That's exactly right, and what I did, also what the sample form does! 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, kec523 said:

Agree! That's exactly right, and what I did, also what the sample form does! 

wait where did you see the sample form????  is there one for the I944?? lol

4 minutes ago, kayden123 said:

wait where did you see the sample form????  is there one for the I944?? lol

Haha, I am constantly so surprised at how few people use the sample forms on here.  They have been a life saver to me throughout this whole process.  

If you click on "guides" at the top of the page, you will see a dropdown that includes "sample immigration forms" 

No sample yet for 944 - don't think it's really right to put a sample in until someone successfully adjusts with the one they used! I'm sure one will come eventually for all those that come after us, right now we get to be in the trailblazing role! 

Timeline
24 minutes ago, kec523 said:

Haha, I am constantly so surprised at how few people use the sample forms on here.  They have been a life saver to me throughout this whole process.  

If you click on "guides" at the top of the page, you will see a dropdown that includes "sample immigration forms" 

No sample yet for 944 - don't think it's really right to put a sample in until someone successfully adjusts with the one they used! I'm sure one will come eventually for all those that come after us, right now we get to be in the trailblazing role! 

I went to the guide before, only saw the checklist for K1 AOS. if i click on the I864/ I485 forms it just takes me to the UCSIS page to download it.

16 minutes ago, kayden123 said:

I went to the guide before, only saw the checklist for K1 AOS. if i click on the I864/ I485 forms it just takes me to the UCSIS page to download it.

Huh?? If you go to the drop down guides, and let the menu drop down, underneath all of the guides is a section that literally says "Example Immigration Forms" and if you click on it and scroll down to Adjustment of Status they are all there to click on, filled out.  

Screen Shot 2020-03-25 at 11.50.15 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-03-25 at 11.52.28 PM.png

Timeline
Just now, kec523 said:

Huh?? If you go to the drop down guides, and let the menu drop down, underneath all of the guides is a section that literally says "Example Immigration Forms" and if you click on it and scroll down to Adjustment of Status they are all there to click on, filled out.  

Screen Shot 2020-03-25 at 11.50.15 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-03-25 at 11.52.28 PM.png

lol i need to get some sleep ... thanks...

1 hour ago, Haydnator said:

finally sent it in today! It's a relief to get that thing out 😆

Welcome to the thread and congratulations.

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.