dwheels76

NVC Filers - March 2020

949 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline
2 hours ago, Mr & Mrs T said:

Question : I had my interview this morning and from “ready” I am now in “administrative processing” but the consular officer told me that I was approved .. 

is it normal ? 

Don’t worry!! Administrative processing is also when they print the visa on your passport, and everyone goes through AP because of it :) after that it will change to Issued once your passport is ready! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
36 minutes ago, Iscir said:

Don’t worry!! Administrative processing is also when they print the visa on your passport, and everyone goes through AP because of it :) after that it will change to Issued once your passport is ready! 

Oh ok !!! Thank you for this info 🙏

Submitted docs to NVC 12/19 finally on 2/19 I got an RFE email. Saying that my husbands Nicaraguan police record is expired even though I was told on the phone to note that he will be getting a new one when he’s back in Nicaragua. (He has been living in panama for over a year due to political issues in Nicaragua...and we sent Panamanian record and old nica record with note) we happened to be in Nicaragua when we received RFE and got new récord but it’s annoying that the 3 times I called about this I received different answers on what to do. Hoping it doesn’t take another two months. 

Filed: Other Country: France
Timeline

Okay Guys,

About the DS5540 putting us back at the bottom of the pile. Yes or No?

I have asked my lawyer, who has talked to the other lawyers of his firm and to NVC about it.

And here is his answer : the pile will not change. After we file the form + proof that we are well intending to take a Health Coverage, we remain in the queue. 

Let's hope he is right. I'll take the risk... we'll see. Anyway, for now, I have sent everything on Feb 3rd, so just a month ago, and my DS5540 is still not ready to be uploaded (I'm waiting for the Insurance Company to send me the quote and all).

Take care all,

Alix

USCIS - FILING FOR I-751 (CR1)

May 21st 2022 : package sent (with Fedex / Delivered on May 23rd) 

May 27th 2022: case received with Receipt # (NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER)

May 31st 2022: NOA received. I-797 (24months extension)

June 11th 2022: NOA for a Biometrics appointment (set for June 30th - need to reschedule it - not in the US on that day! 😱)

June 14th 2022: walk in at the Center - all went well. Biometrics done!

December 8th 2022: Received a Notice of Action. I-751 APPROVED! 🎉

December 10th 2022: New GreenCard received in the mail 🥳

Timeline
3 hours ago, HDia said:

Congratulations! So did you hand the ds-5540 to the officer at all? Also, what is POE? :)

Thank you !!! 
no, he didn’t asked for it but told me at the end of the interview to have an insurance at the time I will go at the POE because they gonna maybe ask for proof that I have one . 
POR is Port Of Entry ( the airport you gonna fly to in US , with your visa 😀

Timeline
3 hours ago, YasArr said:

What can be the proof of health insurance?

A real exchange of emails with an Insurance company, a form that you fill out with that Insurance Company, proof that shows you are in the right track to get a Health Coverage within 30 days of your arrival (the earlier, the better).

June 11th 2022: NOA for a Biometrics appointment (set for June 30th - need to reschedule it - not in the US on that day! 😱)

Timeline
3 hours ago, Jmeleecur said:

I had my employer wrote a letter stating that my husband will be qualified and eligible to enroll into my employer supplied health insurance once he arrives in the US.

that's perfect.

Timeline
13 minutes ago, pcs9288 said:

Submitted docs to NVC 12/19 finally on 2/19 I got an RFE email. Saying that my husbands Nicaraguan police record is expired even though I was told on the phone to note that he will be getting a new one when he’s back in Nicaragua. (He has been living in panama for over a year due to political issues in Nicaragua...and we sent Panamanian record and old nica record with note) we happened to be in Nicaragua when we received RFE and got new récord but it’s annoying that the 3 times I called about this I received different answers on what to do. Hoping it doesn’t take another two months. 

How annoying. So you have uploaded the new police certificate from Nicaragua? I'm sure you wont have to wait 2 months. Fingers crossed.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Alix64 said:

Okay Guys,

About the DS5540 putting us back at the bottom of the pile. Yes or No?

I have asked my lawyer, who has talked to the other lawyers of his firm and to NVC about it.

And here is his answer : the pile will not change. After we file the form + proof that we are well intending to take a Health Coverage, we remain in the queue. 

Let's hope he is right. I'll take the risk... we'll see. Anyway, for now, I have sent everything on Feb 3rd, so just a month ago, and my DS5540 is still not ready to be uploaded (I'm waiting for the Insurance Company to send me the quote and all).

Take care all,

Alix

I would have done the same thing. You´ll sleep better at night knowing that everytihg was filed. good luck!

Timeline
24 minutes ago, Mr & Mrs T said:

Oh ok !!! Thank you for this info 🙏

They will tease you until the end! It's like a tv series and we, the public, are hooked behind our screens 🤣

Will Audrey and her husband get greenlit? You will know on the next episode...

And since, it is a comedy, we all know, it will end well. But jeeeeeze, how tirying! Hold on to it, you are almost there! 😘

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Can anyone go through the next steps after hitting the submit button for the NVC documentation? 

Do they email me with info and updates or should I obsessively keep checking their website?

Timeline
34 minutes ago, Alix64 said:

They will tease you until the end! It's like a tv series and we, the public, are hooked behind our screens 🤣

Will Audrey and her husband get greenlit? You will know on the next episode...

And since, it is a comedy, we all know, it will end well. But jeeeeeze, how tirying! Hold on to it, you are almost there! 😘

Love it !!!! So true !!!!!!

i fee like Suzanne Mayer in DHW , she is a real black cat ahah .

But I hope In my série it’s the final season will have happy end 😂😂

Edited by Mr & Mrs T

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
28 minutes ago, Hilde said:

Can anyone go through the next steps after hitting the submit button for the NVC documentation? 

Do they email me with info and updates or should I obsessively keep checking their website?

I believe they email both the beneficiary and petitioner updates, as long as both emails are on file... However, I'm still checking almost daily 😵

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.