dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview April 2020

232 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, Mr and Mrs S said:

Did you fill a new i864 and upload that as well? Our interview is on April 6th and I will be filling our 2019 taxes shortly.

I'm thinking of filling a new i864 and attaching a copy of my filled return with w2 (transcript won't be available so soon). Do you recommend uploading the documents to ceac as well?

Yes, the attorney was dumb and uploaded the original i864 that they sent with our I130 petition in 2018 so it only had 2017 taxes done on it. They kept telling me you don’t need a new one but I wanted to be as prepared as possible and I made a new one myself and uploaded it. The NVC sent a notice that my income was insufficient but it’s much more than the minimum so I think it was the old documents and not the new ones. I told them that I am not a fan of the wait and see approach. I would rather give more than I need to give than to be sent home and asked to upload something, but that’s just me, I don’t know the exact right or wrong way. I just wanted to be more in control of what they could see ahead of our interview. 

His visa was ISSUED today and updated online. We have an appointment to go to pick it up next Friday March 13. 

I hope this help!! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
5 minutes ago, TheChheavFamily said:

Yes, the attorney was dumb and uploaded the original i864 that they sent with our I130 petition in 2018 so it only had 2017 taxes done on it. They kept telling me you don’t need a new one but I wanted to be as prepared as possible and I made a new one myself and uploaded it. The NVC sent a notice that my income was insufficient but it’s much more than the minimum so I think it was the old documents and not the new ones. I told them that I am not a fan of the wait and see approach. I would rather give more than I need to give than to be sent home and asked to upload something, but that’s just me, I don’t know the exact right or wrong way. I just wanted to be more in control of what they could see ahead of our interview. 

His visa was ISSUED today and updated online. We have an appointment to go to pick it up next Friday March 13. 

I hope this help!! 

And CEAC is where we upload? We haven't gotten a link to any new website in our interview letter.

Spoiler

Our IR1 Journey So Far:

USCIS Stage:

• Jan 19 2019: Sent I130 package
  • Jan 22 2019: Delivered
  • Feb 3 2019: I130 NOA1 (Priority Date: Jan 22, 2019)
  • Assigned to Nebraska Service Center ( 😶)
  • Sep 16 2019: I129f NOA1 PD
  • Oct 26 2019: I130 NOA2 (Notice date: Oct 21 2019)
  • Nov 04 2019: Sent to NVC

NVC Stage:

• Nov 7: Received by NVC 
  • Dec 7: NVC sent email containing CEAC login details (Case Number)
  • Dec 7: AOS and IV bill payed
  • Dec 10: NVC withdrew money from Account
  • Dec 12: AOS and IV bills show paid on CEAC
  • Dec 16: AOS and IV documents submitted to NVC
  • Waiting

6 minutes ago, Mr and Mrs S said:

And CEAC is where we upload? We haven't gotten a link to any new website in our interview letter.

Yes, the financial documents under the petitioner/sponsor optional documents click on the little link that says add a new document. It will let you select the i864, W2, paystubs and the tax returns all separately and you can write an explanation about why you’re uploading new things. I figured I wanted to make the embassy’s job as easy as possible. 

8 hours ago, Ogplus said:

On Feb1 this yr added my little kid 1yr old which was placed under review at NVC submitted doc feb 11th, got DQ Feb 26th, anticipating interview letter soon, but the baby was approved to start payment, but later removed, saying no derivatives visa. Called NVC they replied: you can go for interview with the baby or start filling for the baby. Later called USCIS they said NOT necessary for another i 130 and said go ahead for interview. Please am confused dont know what to do, i cant leave my baby as a mother and waiting time is killing .CR1.

If this is a CR-1 case, then either:

1) If the child has a USC parent, they may already be a US citizen. If so, a CRBA is necessary and they can get a US passport. No visa required.

Or

2) An I-130 for the child is required. They cannot issue a derivative visa for CR-1, and every individual needs a visa.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

...Canada ILs sent today for DQ dates 18 Nov-16 Dec.

Including us.

Form submitted for data on @dwheels76's spreadsheet...

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My spouse (USC) is considering moving the month before we expect my interview to take place. Is there anything we would need to do other than informing the CO of the new address at my interview?

I am not a lawyer and nothing I say is or should be taken as legal advice. 

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

Spoiler

Married: August 18th 2018

I-130 Sent: September 18th 2018

PD: September 20th 2018 TSC

NOA1 Received: October 5th 2018
Case Inquiry: July 13th 2019 

Case Inquiry Response: July 24th 2019 - in line for processing.

Escalated Case Inquiry: August 6th 2019 - tier 2 found that internal status was "in background check" despite results coming back 4 months prior.

Escalated Case Inquiry Response: August 7th 2019 - case was "delayed" because they had to "perform additional review" 🙄 case now with an officer.

NOA2: August 22nd 2019 (336 days)

Sent to DOS: September 5th 2019

NVC Received: September 13th 2019

Case Number: October 9th 2019

DS-260 Completed: October 28th 2019

NVC Docs Uploaded: October 29th 2019

DQ: December 18th 2019

Became IR1: August 18th 2020

IL: October 13th 2020

Interview: November 2nd 2020

Visa Received: November 5th 2020

POE: November 8th 2020

GC Received: January 23rd 2021

CR1/IR1 Montreal FAQ:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k927pE5wqzTN5n0lPYZ1JQxgbmnzmNWX5hSteyii0BY/

16 minutes ago, Hmhm1 said:

So for anyone who submitted an i 864 last year but has an interview this year, do we need to fill and upload a new i864 with tax info for this year?

12 hours ago, TheChheavFamily said:

I hope this help!! 

which new i864 you all are referring to? I used the one released on 10/15/2019. Is there new one after that?

28 minutes ago, stech786 said:

which new i864 you all are referring to? I used the one released on 10/15/2019. Is there new one after that?

Our attorney uploaded one to the NVC that we originally filled out when we submitted our I130 in August 2018. This had only my taxes from 2017 and earlier. I decided that I wanted to make sure that they got the full picture of the last 2 years since my petition had been sitting in Nebraska for a year and my attorney didn’t believe that it was relevant to submit a new form, only to have one with me in case they asked. I don’t like to sit and wait to see if someone wants something, I would rather send it ahead. So, if your documents are as old as mine is, it’s probably a good idea to redo it, if not, it’s up to you. The October 2019 version is the most recent. 

13 minutes ago, TheChheavFamily said:

Our attorney uploaded one to the NVC that we originally filled out when we submitted our I130 in August 2018. This had only my taxes from 2017 and earlier. I decided that I wanted to make sure that they got the full picture of the last 2 years since my petition had been sitting in Nebraska for a year and my attorney didn’t believe that it was relevant to submit a new form, only to have one with me in case they asked. I don’t like to sit and wait to see if someone wants something, I would rather send it ahead. So, if your documents are as old as mine is, it’s probably a good idea to redo it, if not, it’s up to you. The October 2019 version is the most recent. 

Yes, you will need new version for sure. The USCIS or NVC sites says clearly, they will not accept old version. I did use Oct version. even if information is the same, they still want updated version. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline

They started scheduling.  I hope everyone who been waiting for interview for months get a interview date.  Good luck everyone :)

On 3/3/2020 at 11:04 AM, Uiyl said:

Sorry if this has already been addressed in previous posts,  but can someone help me with this? Do requests for an expedite after DQ is to be sent to the consulate directly or to NVC

Email both. That's what I did! But the officual way is to email NVC.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.