Chilindas

POTOMAC (YSC) I-751 Non Transferred Filers ONLY...

1,259 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

My wife sent her I-751 in August 2020.  The last update she received for removal of conditions was in December 2021 saying her case had been moved from the Potomac Service Center to NBC.  (Her 11 year old daughter - who applied with her mother - also had her case moved at the same time.  Her 15 year old son applied 9 months later and is still at Potomac).  Now that I am seeing summer 2020 applications  being approved at Potomac, I am wondering if her application will take even longer because it was moved to the NBC.  Can she still hope to get a decision around the same time as other August 2020 Potomac filers or does that timeline go out the window after being moved to NBC?

She also filed her N-400 online in August 2021.  No update on that since the confirmation and reuse of biometrics letters from August 2, 2021, but the online estimate in her USCIS account says a decision could come in 2 months.

Thanks - Jason

1 hour ago, JasonGG said:

My wife sent her I-751 in August 2020.  The last update she received for removal of conditions was in December 2021 saying her case had been moved from the Potomac Service Center to NBC.  (Her 11 year old daughter - who applied with her mother - also had her case moved at the same time.  Her 15 year old son applied 9 months later and is still at Potomac).  Now that I am seeing summer 2020 applications  being approved at Potomac, I am wondering if her application will take even longer because it was moved to the NBC.  Can she still hope to get a decision around the same time as other August 2020 Potomac filers or does that timeline go out the window after being moved to NBC?

She also filed her N-400 online in August 2021.  No update on that since the confirmation and reuse of biometrics letters from August 2, 2021, but the online estimate in her USCIS account says a decision could come in 2 months.

Thanks - Jason

Looks like your wife’s case was sent to NBC because she filed her N-400. Here on the forum a lot of people say that when you file for N-400 it can speed up the process of I-751, meaning that your wife may see progress with her applications probably sooner than later! 
I filed I-751 in September 2019, it sat at Potomac for almost 2 years and then in August 2021 they moved it to NBC. I am still waiting for an interview and I become eligible for N-400 in September 2022 (Divorce waiver). I think if I was able to file N-400 sooner, my case would have been processed by now and since your wife has already filed hers, it should be a faster processing! 

Edited by annab864

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

My card is being produced since yesterday! Which is kind of a perfect timing, i have a trop abroad beginning of July (hoping i get it by then)

Edited by Aquilina

I-751:

07/09: Package received by uscis

07/14: Credit card charged

07/16: Text notification (YSC center)

07/22: Fingerprints applied to my case

07/30: NOA

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Georgia
Timeline
3 hours ago, Aquilina said:

Hello,

My card is being produced since yesterday! Which is kind of a perfect timing, i have a trop abroad beginning of July (hoping i get it by then)

Congrats!!! Your NOA is within a few days from mine so MAYBE just MAYBE I will hear from them sometime soon lol. 

@kvito28i saw a couple more case numbers close to mine for i-751 were also approved on June 16th, and one was asked for RFE, so it's getting there! 

I-751:

17 minutes ago, Aquilina said:

@kvito28i saw a couple more case numbers close to mine for i-751 were also approved on June 16th, and one was asked for RFE, so it's getting there! 

Do you have a google sheet? 

@Stjohn5no, i use an app (USCIS case) and you can see the 100 cases before yours

I-751:

1 minute ago, Aquilina said:

@Stjohn5no, i use an app (USCIS case) and you can see the 100 cases before yours

oh thats cool....i didnt know something like that was around. 

2 hours ago, Aquilina said:

I'm using the app too. searched up 500 cases close to mine. People my timeline has been getting approved since 2 weeks ago. hopefully we get approved soon too!

ROC Process:

07.07.2020: I-751 Mailed

07.10.2020: NOA

08.04.2020: Biometrics (Re-used From 2017)

11.23.2021: Received 24 Months Extension

00.00.2022: Awaiting Interview/Approval

• 2 weeks later...

just got an email about my case 30mins ago! I was having dinner and checked my phone right after. I knelt down thanking God in tears! 5days before my 2 yr anniversary. My i751 is finally approved!!!

Noa: july 10, 2020

July 05, 2022: New card is being produced

Haven’t submitted N400.

My heart is crying in joy!!!

ROC Process:

07.07.2020: I-751 Mailed

07.10.2020: NOA

08.04.2020: Biometrics (Re-used From 2017)

11.23.2021: Received 24 Months Extension

00.00.2022: Awaiting Interview/Approval

18 minutes ago, valkyriex said:

just got an email about my case 30mins ago! I was having dinner and checked my phone right after. I knelt down thanking God in tears! 5days before my 2 yr anniversary. My i751 is finally approved!!!

Noa: july 10, 2020

July 05, 2022: New card is being produced

Haven’t submitted N400.

My heart is crying in joy!!!

Nice!! Congrats 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi. I got a text message that my case was received on July 14 and waiting for NOA letter in the mail. Potomac service center has the longest processing time in average and it’s gonna be a long waiting time. But I submitted N-400 last year under 319b. 

congrats all those who got approved!

03/14/2018 I-129f Petition sent 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.