Eseskay

MY K-1 WAS REVOKED ( HOW DO I APPLY FOR CR-1)

152 posts in this topic

Hi, 

My name is Saadan and i am living in Islamabad, Pakistan. 
I applied for the K-1 Visa and gave my interview on Feb-20th 2019 and they returned my passport (without any paper or refusal or anything, it was just my passport). I don't know why they revoked my Visa? upon continuously asking for a reason, the U.S Embassy told our lawyer in the USA that my visa was REVOKED. (what does it mean?) the embassy is not replying as to WHY they revoked it?

What is a CR-1 Visa? How do i apply? What to do? How long does it take? do i have to stay married for 2 years before applying for the CR-1 and then waiting another 14 months for the process?
Please can someone help me out.

Edited by Eseskay
changing the tags

A CR-1 is a conditional Relative visa. You can apply for it if you are married to a US citizen. You can apply immediately after marriage. The process is started with the US citizen filing an I-130 petition for the beneficiary. 

As to your visa, you are normally told why your visa is denied and the law related to the denial.

visa Issued

2 minutes ago, missileman said:

You need to ask your fiance to join us here for this discussion.....asap.

What happened during your interview? 

What red flags are present in your relationship (age difference, religion difference, culture difference)?

How many visits has your fiance made to your country?)

How much time have you actually spent together?

A marriage may or may not remedy the reason your K-1 was revoked.

i will definitely ask her to join this discussion. 

1) What happened in my interview?
My interview didn't go that bad, maybe now that i think of it, i wasn't confident enough but i showed her lots of pictures of us (literally growing old together). The CO told me that "Your visa has been approved and you will get your passport in a week." 
I honestly don't know what happened, i had to wait for 6 months and my application was in AP. 

2) My Fiance just made a visit to my country, just now, a month ago but we've previously met in 5 different countries. 

3) We've spent (counting all the countries we've been to over the years) i guess more than 6 months. 

4) What do i have to do now? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Well it seems that the Consulate interview was passed and AP was where the issue arose, so something came up in this process.

Well first you would need to get married and then she would need to file and then another Ap check and with this history a couple fo years would be a better bet, assuming whatever issue that arose is resolvable.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

6 minutes ago, SorrowL said:

A CR-1 is a conditional Relative visa. You can apply for it if you are married to a US citizen. You can apply immediately after marriage. The process is started with the US citizen filing an I-130 petition for the beneficiary. 

As to your visa, you are normally told why your visa is denied and the law related to the denial.

but i wasn't told (why) and they're not responding to that. What to do now? 

Timeline

Not sure I have come across a situation where somebody did not know why, often it seems it has to be dragged out. Now it is usual for a Consulate to mention the relevant clause under which their decision falls, but here we are talking about the specific of your case.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

1 minute ago, Boiler said:

Not sure I have come across a situation where somebody did not know why, often it seems it has to be dragged out. Now it is usual for a Consulate to mention the relevant clause under which their decision falls, but here we are talking about the specific of your case.

but should i apply for a CR-1 immediately? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
Just now, Eseskay said:

First step is marriage.  Did you have a traditional ceremony in Pakistan?

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Just now, missileman said:

First step is marriage.  Did you have a traditional ceremony in Pakistan?

I haven't married her yet, but i don't plan on a traditional marriage, if i am going to marry her. It's going to be in the court. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Eseskay said:

You can not apply

You need to be married

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
Just now, Eseskay said:

I haven't married her yet, but i don't plan on a traditional marriage, if i am going to marry her. It's going to be in the court. 

Did you have any kind of ceremony in Pakistan or elsewhere...like an engagement ceremony?

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

1 minute ago, Boiler said:

You can not apply

You need to be married

Can i get married in a Pakistani court? where should i get married? What proof do they need for that? 

1 minute ago, missileman said:

Did you have any kind of ceremony in Pakistan or elsewhere...like an engagement ceremony?

No i haven't had any ceremony so far, but i can have the ceremony. I can make it happen if its important and necessary for the visa.

Timeline

Marriage just needs to be legal. Location does not matter, we have had members marry in the US and return.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.