DELETEME1234

February 2020 AOS Filers (mod edit to title)

498 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, mvasantos said:

I didn't know field offices would take biometrics, that means they weren't closed for that long there? I don't know.

Thanks for the info! I just wanted to know if they're sending letters after they're back open or before it.

I did some research and I think you're right about the ASC. On my notice, the location is the Seattle ASC rather than the field office. Sorry about that.

13 hours ago, mvasantos said:

I didn't know field offices would take biometrics, that means they weren't closed for that long there? I don't know.

Thanks for the info! I just wanted to know if they're sending letters after they're back open or before it.

I want to know the same thing. My ASC opens on the 27th. Looks like they are doing it after they're back open. Because based on @ElsaV, looks like Seattle opened the 20th (it's not on the list anymore at USCIS.gov). But I'm hoping this theory is wrong. Still waiting for mail, no word yet.

My wife's I-765 status changed today to 'new card is being produced'.

Here’s her timeline:

AOS Filed (adjusting from H1B): 2/15/20

Received (I-485, I-130, I-765, I-131): 2/18/20

Biometrics (at the New Orleans field office): 3/16/20

Case ready to be scheduled for interview: 4/13/20

I-765: New card is being produced, 7/21/20

Interestingly, my.uscis.gov shows no update while egov.uscis.gov shows 'new card is being produced'. We haven't received any email/text about this update yet.

Edited by volts

11 hours ago, bodgie19 said:

I want to know the same thing. My ASC opens on the 27th. Looks like they are doing it after they're back open. Because based on @ElsaV, looks like Seattle opened the 20th (it's not on the list anymore at USCIS.gov). But I'm hoping this theory is wrong. Still waiting for mail, no word yet.

expect a 2-3 month wait time if you werent scheduled before. Lots and lots of people who want to get in on Day 1 

duh

Got this mail today 🎉. EAD card in hand. 

On Monday card was mailed to me, on Wednesday it was in my mailbox. 

IMG_20200722_173746~2_compress66.jpg

Edited by Cornflake

I posted this in K1 AOS forum but my case is applicable here as well. So posting my news here too.

I am contacting USCIS everyday since Monday. Today also I contacted USCIS and asked when I will receive my biometric letter. Guess what I learned - My EAD and AP is approved without biometrics on 22 July 2020. It will take up to 60 days to receive it and they will contact me if they need my biometrics. 

To note:  There is no status update to my EAD and AP in my uscis nor egov sites. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
8 hours ago, Ihatebaseboards said:

I posted this in K1 AOS forum but my case is applicable here as well. So posting my news here too.

I am contacting USCIS everyday since Monday. Today also I contacted USCIS and asked when I will receive my biometric letter. Guess what I learned - My EAD and AP is approved without biometrics on 22 July 2020. It will take up to 60 days to receive it and they will contact me if they need my biometrics. 

To note:  There is no status update to my EAD and AP in my uscis nor egov sites. 

I called them and they say they're pending on my i-485, unfortunately not my case :(. Also, I wasn't able to talk to a tier 2 agent.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
9 hours ago, Ihatebaseboards said:

Did USCIS has obtained your biometrics previously?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
On 7/23/2020 at 10:10 AM, Ihatebaseboards said:

Tried to do the same just now and asked when we could have our bio appointment scheduled again since Atlanta ASC opened on July 13th. Agent says no information available at this time and I will receive a letter when I receive a letter. Just general information about 3 phase opening without anything that really useful for our case. I`ll try my luck again next week.

Shawn and Olga married in Russia May 7th 2013

IR-1 process

USCIS:

6/11/2015: Filed I-130 petition

6/13/2015: Delivered to Chicago Lockbox

6/15/2015: Petition is accepted by USCIS (California)

6/17/2015: NOA1 received via email/text

6/23/2015: NOA1 received via mail

8/18/2015: USCIS approved petition online - 63 days from NOA 1

8/22/2015: NOA2 received via mail

NVC:

9/8/2015: NVC received the case

9/22/2015: got case number and invoice number via phone

9/22/2015: submitted DS-261 Choice of agent

9/22/2015: paid AOS fee $120 - IN PROCESS

9/24/2015: AOS fee shows PAID

9/28/2015: NVC Welcome Letter is received (issued on Sept 21st)

10/1/2015: AOS package sent to NVC

10/5/2015: AOS package delivered to NVC

10/5/2015: SCAN DATE for AOS package

10/6/2015: confirmed DS-261 over the phone

10/7/2015: email from NVC - husband is chosen as agent and IV fee is invoiced

10/8/2015: paid IV fee $325 - IN PROCESS

10/8/015: IV package sent to NVC

10/10/2015: IV fee shows PAID

10/11/2015: submitted DS-260 and got confirmation

10/13/2015: IV package delivered to NVC

10/13/2015: SCAN DATE for IV package

11/24/2015: Case Complete at NVC

12/2/2015: Case Complete letter from NVC

EMBASSY:

2/10/2016: Interview scheduled for March 15th 2016 :dancing:

Medical exam scheduled on March 14th 2016

2/10/2016: Interview Letter Received (P4)

2/16/2016: CEAC shows CASE IN TRANSIT

2/18/2016: CEAC shows READY

3/14/2016: medical exam passed

3/15/2016: interview - APPROVED! Status ISSUED - Your visa has been printed.

3/17/2016: call from Pony Express - visa is delivered to my town

POE:

4/19/2016: Moscow - New York - Atlanta

18 hours ago, Mary&Fer said:

Did USCIS has obtained your biometrics previously?

I had biometrics take for UK visa 3 years ago in NY but that was DHS not sure it counts. Also had biometrics at consulate a year ago and at POV for my work visa. 

2 hours ago, MrsCrabs said:

Tried to do the same just now and asked when we could have our bio appointment scheduled again since Atlanta ASC opened on July 13th. Agent says no information available at this time and I will receive a letter when I receive a letter. Just general information about 3 phase opening without anything that really useful for our case. I`ll try my luck again next week.

I would ask if they can see if any notice was sent out concerning biometrics. If they say they don’t see anything scheduled I would contact your congressperson. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

e-request an update for my application last month, call them 2 days ago when the 30 day mark approached to "request an update on my e-request"

the lady told me to wait a few more days and i should be getting an email soon. if not, request again ...

and about the EAD card, wait 60 days b4 request for a "did not receive card"...

request on request on request... what is the use of the service really? 😭

Want to know more about apply for K1 VISA / Green card in TAIWAN? come visit my blog https://summerprincess.pixnet.net/blog

Timeline
2 hours ago, W.Rominger said:

e-request an update for my application last month, call them 2 days ago when the 30 day mark approached to "request an update on my e-request"

the lady told me to wait a few more days and i should be getting an email soon. if not, request again ...

and about the EAD card, wait 60 days b4 request for a "did not receive card"...

request on request on request... what is the use of the service really? 😭

I feel that the only thing we can do and from I've heard from people that have been through it is wait... It's exhausting and frustating but part of the process....

Timeline

I posted on the May thread but did you guys see that ppl from June arre already getting their biometrics appt and we still nothing? It's just insane how USCIS is working.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.