Koko bongo

Trump's Travel Ban Mega Thread

2,378 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
4 hours ago, After_5 said:

Hi everyone, I need some help regarding the birth certificate requirement. My fiancé has submitted an attestation of birth and a copy of his birth certificate from the NPC. We were told copies would be acceptable for these documents. We got an email today saying to submit the original birth certificate. Has anyone run into this? I don’t know if they’re doing this because of the Trump declaration. We used RapidVisa & they said a copy of the birth certificate should be sufficient. Any advice?

Your fiance submitted a copy of his birth certificate, I assume by 'copy' you mean photocopy. If that's the case, then yes, you will be asked for the original copy of the birth certificate. Just do as you were asked and you will be fine.

9 hours ago, After_5 said:

Hi everyone, I need some help regarding the birth certificate requirement. My fiancé has submitted an attestation of birth and a copy of his birth certificate from the NPC. We were told copies would be acceptable for these documents. We got an email today saying to submit the original birth certificate. Has anyone run into this? I don’t know if they’re doing this because of the Trump declaration. We used RapidVisa & they said a copy of the birth certificate should be sufficient. Any advice?

Originals are for sighting purposes only. So you need a photocopy each of all submitted documents and the originals at the interview.  Better to be over prepared than to be found wanting and pushed into Administrative Processing (now Refused) status.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
11 hours ago, AdeKati said:

Originals are for sighting purposes only. So you need a photocopy each of all submitted documents and the originals at the interview.  Better to be over prepared than to be found wanting and pushed into Administrative Processing (now Refused) status.

Please I'm I to go to the interview with the original i864, and her tax transcripts.. Is there any need for rhat

Timeline
21 minutes ago, Fidel said:

Please I'm I to go to the interview with the original i864, and her tax transcripts.. Is there any need for rhat

Form 1-864 Affidavit of support, go with everything. Affidavit of support and tax returns are essential for your interview and they always say come with original documents and a photocopy. Originals are necessary for sight seeing and confirmation while they keep your photocopies. So yes, go with everything, like someone said better to be prepared than to be pushed into administrative processing.

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Treasure1 said:

Yes dear. I just got a text and an email cancelling my appointment. I pray for healing on the world. This coronavirus is affecting everything.

Timeline
17 minutes ago, Treasure1 said:

Well the article says it's affecting only non immigrants appointments. At least for now. 

Timeline
25 minutes ago, QweenSasha said:

Yes dear. I just got a text and an email cancelling my appointment. I pray for healing on the world. This coronavirus is affecting everything.

Got the same message too.

It is well

Timeline
1 hour ago, QweenSasha said:

Amen,  God will surely heal the world.  My appointment for next month was cancelled as well. 

On 2/1/2020 at 3:22 AM, Pmta1 said:

Currently the Travel Ban countries have two options to get a visa approved (1) use a non-designated country passport (2) request a waiver after the interview. Option 1 is the best and easiest so far. Option 2 has seen a range of outcomes. I've heard unconfirmed news several additional countries may be added in the future to the Travel ban.

Please just to be sure i understand you and the option 1. 

I hold Nigerian Passport but I have lived many of my years in UAE and my fiance has filed our K1 before the Ban, meanwhile interview location we mentioned in our K1 is also Dubai - Is that what you mean by the option? if so, which stage can we ask for waiver and how. 

I will definitely appreciate your feedback. 

Timeline

Hi Everyone,

Im glad i found this page. 

So our application just got approved after 8 months of waiting, now we are waiting for NVC welcome letter. Hopefully, we should be done with NVC by June.

However, we are worried about the ongoing immigrant visa ban on Nigeria. Have Nigerians been getting visa since the ban was effected?

What are my chances of getting the visa despite the ban? My wife is a US citizen and pregnant with our first child. Im hoping to make it before the birth of our child.

Thanks for your support.

12 minutes ago, David Utomi said:

Hi Everyone,

Im glad i found this page. 

So our application just got approved after 8 months of waiting, now we are waiting for NVC welcome letter. Hopefully, we should be done with NVC by June.

However, we are worried about the ongoing immigrant visa ban on Nigeria. Have Nigerians been getting visa since the ban was effected?

What are my chances of getting the visa despite the ban? My wife is a US citizen and pregnant with our first child. Im hoping to make it before the birth of our child.

Thanks for your support.

Yes, immigrant visas have been issued to some Nigerians since the ban was announced. However, each case is considered based on its merit and the decision to apply a waiver to a case lies with the Visa Officer. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, AdeKati said:

Yes, immigrant visas have been issued to some Nigerians since the ban was announced. However, each case is considered based on its merit and the decision to apply a waiver to a case lies with the Visa Officer. 

Thats great. Sounds like good news to me.

Nevertheless, those that dont get a waiver, are they been rejected? or what happens to them?

Thanks for your reply!

15 hours ago, Urchmanbello said:

Has anyone been interviewed since yesterday? Please, share with us on any new development?

there arent any interviews anywhere on the planet. its all quiet 

duh

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.