Koko bongo

Trump's Travel Ban Mega Thread

2,378 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
51 minutes ago, Justxxxx said:

Nigerian did not ban USA. It’s a suspension of flight from USA and other affected countries with over 1000 cases which will also affect Nigeria citizens in Those countries too . It’s for 1 month . The reason is to curtail the spread of the virus 

My husband said it was until further notice. Not sure. CNN says Nigeria has banned travelers from 13 countries including the US until further notice. Either way it's a bad situation. Wish everyone the best.

52 minutes ago, Patricia Owuh said:

My husband said it was until further notice. Not sure. CNN says Nigeria has banned travelers from 13 countries including the US until further notice. Either way it's a bad situation. Wish everyone the best.

My boyfriend just arrived in Nigeria a few days ago from US (Nigerian citizen) and is in a 14 day hold... I think people can still travel to Nigeria from US but only citizens with mandatory quarantine.

It is frustrating that any discussion of lifting Trump’s Executive Order against immigrant visas for Nigerians to come to US has been overridden with discussions of COVID-19. Necessary to prioritize at this time because of over 25,000 COVID cases in the US, but people have stopped talking about how the Executive Order is affecting families and loved ones :( It gives me hope that the discussion is still ongoing in this thread and that there are others hoping for change as well. Praying for everyone’s health and that COVID doesn’t hit Nigeria the same way it has here in the US. 

IR1 interview in Lagos today.  My husband never received an email or text. When he got there, there were quite a few ppl waiting as well. They were told all interviews have been cancelled and apologized, due to backlogs they have not been able to contact everyone. 
They said they will contact everyone on how to reschedule when they have more details. For now its until further notice 

1 hour ago, Pinogirl said:

IR1 interview in Lagos today.  My husband never received an email or text. When he got there, there were quite a few ppl waiting as well. They were told all interviews have been cancelled and apologized, due to backlogs they have not been able to contact everyone. 
They said they will contact everyone on how to reschedule when they have more details. For now its until further notice 

Don't worry everything will work out for good

3 hours ago, Pinogirl said:

I was there this morning... supposed to have an immigrant interview too, didn’t get any mail from NVC or the consulate about rescheduling, postponement or closure, but the white guy said they will get back to us soon. I hope it all works out for good. Good luck to us all.

Filed: F-3 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, Davie92 said:

How are you guys doing? are there people waiting for their interviews and those in Admin Processing?

AP/Refused plenty o. It's the obvious progression from Ready status. 

Seems the progression now is READY - AP - REFUSED - READY - ISSUED. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Still trying to learn. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Qatar
Timeline
9 hours ago, Davie92 said:

How are you guys doing? are there people waiting for their interviews and those in Admin Processing?

Hello, I’m not new to the forum— I just don’t post a lot. I’ve been following this thread and when I saw your question, I thought I‘d share. We’ve been in Administrative Processing for 8 months, and now my husband is affected by this new travel ban, so it’s like setback after setback. It’s very heartbreaking and discouraging. Out third wedding anniversary is this summer and I have no idea when we’ll finally be together. I know we’re not the only ones going through this, but sometimes I just feel hopeless. 😢

Edited by justjoy

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 3/22/2020 at 1:54 PM, ConcernedaboutBan said:

My boyfriend just arrived in Nigeria a few days ago from US (Nigerian citizen) and is in a 14 day hold... I think people can still travel to Nigeria from US but only citizens with mandatory quarantine.

It is frustrating that any discussion of lifting Trump’s Executive Order against immigrant visas for Nigerians to come to US has been overridden with discussions of COVID-19. Necessary to prioritize at this time because of over 25,000 COVID cases in the US, but people have stopped talking about how the Executive Order is affecting families and loved ones :( It gives me hope that the discussion is still ongoing in this thread and that there are others hoping for change as well. Praying for everyone’s health and that COVID doesn’t hit Nigeria the same way it has here in the US. 

Yes, I'm told that Nigerian citizens can travel there with the mandatory 14 day hold. Trust me my husband and I are getting so depressed over all this. You wait so long to get approval, then the president bans travel from Nigeria, now this virus. I know God is good and merciful and we continue to pray we will be able to put this behind us soon. I wish everyone nothing but the best and that we will all be with our loved ones very soon. 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

6 hours ago, justjoy said:

Hello, I’m not new to the forum— I just don’t post a lot. I’ve been following this thread and when I saw your question, I thought I‘d share. We’ve been in Administrative Processing for 8 months, and now my husband is affected by this new travel ban, so it’s like setback after setback. It’s very heartbreaking and discouraging. Out third wedding anniversary is this summer and I have no idea when we’ll finally be together. I know we’re not the only ones going through this, but sometimes I just feel hopeless. 😢

A lot of are in this situation right now.

Have you heard from them since then?

When was last the case was updated.

31 minutes ago, Johnkenni said:

I've been in admin processing since last week Tuesday.

I guess they told you to submit additional documents?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.