Koko bongo

Trump's Travel Ban Mega Thread

2,378 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 3/29/2020 at 7:14 AM, Johnkenni said:

When was your interview and category of visa?

My interview was Feb 10th, the interview was great they online ask for one document which I went back to drop off 12th of Feb, at the DHL they didn't allow me to drop my passport cos it wasn't ticked along with the documents I was ask to drop by the CO though he verbally told me to drop my passport along with it but the DHL staff refuse to accept which I clearly I understand. After 9working days I got an email to drop off my passport that my case has been completed. I drop off my passport on 27th at the DHL Collection got to the embassy on the 28th. Was told it will take 5-10working business days to pick up till now no update. I know they are temporary on Lock down right now for that I cant get any information to why is the delay.  Just want to know if this normal outside the fact that there lock down base on the virus issue. I should have receive my passport even before the plague hit hard. What do you think? Yeah my visa is IR 1

10 hours ago, juliusbliss said:

My interview was Feb 10th, the interview was great they online ask for one document which I went back to drop off 12th of Feb, at the DHL they didn't allow me to drop my passport cos it wasn't ticked along with the documents I was ask to drop by the CO though he verbally told me to drop my passport along with it but the DHL staff refuse to accept which I clearly I understand. After 9working days I got an email to drop off my passport that my case has been completed. I drop off my passport on 27th at the DHL Collection got to the embassy on the 28th. Was told it will take 5-10working business days to pick up till now no update. I know they are temporary on Lock down right now for that I cant get any information to why is the delay.  Just want to know if this normal outside the fact that there lock down base on the virus issue. I should have receive my passport even before the plague hit hard. What do you think? Yeah my visa is IR 1

Sorry, what document did they ask you to submit?

Filed: FB-3 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 3/25/2020 at 11:18 AM, Johnkenni said:

Is the anyone that was interviewed on the 17th of March? Though the co told me 2weeks.

Hi, I was interviewed on 17th March. CO also told me it will take 2- 3 weeks. Case has been on AP since then and was last updated 23rd March.

Just as a general update, the FAM was revised to clarify a few points: https://fam.state.gov/FAM/09FAM/09FAM030214.html

One key point is

(U) K Visas:  K visas are nonimmigrant visas and therefore are treated as such for PP 9645 purposes and not subject to PP 9983.  Therefore, if a K visa applicant is subject to restrictions under PP 9645 as a nonimmigrant applicant, he/she must either qualify for an exception or waiver before a visa may be issued.

Basically, the expanded ban (PP 9983) explicitly does not cover K visas under the FAM. The PP 9645 (original ban) does, where NIVs are impacted.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

On 3/26/2020 at 1:03 PM, Kingseyima said:

K1 visa for fiance Hmmm that means I have to start all over again with all the money I have spend on this process this is ridiculous, I don't know maybe someone can take legal action? Because how can embassy refused the case without any interview without even seen the applicant that's not done???

No you don’t have to. Everything is fine. It’s just a glitch which will be resolved so relax. Says that for most people even mine too

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Angel4love said:

How is everyone holding up this at crucial time?

Hopefully, we start our lives again and all will normalise soon.

May God save our land🙏

A big Amen to that. Stay safe everyone 🙏🏽

Timeline
24 minutes ago, Angel4love said:

May God save our land🙏

Thank you, we pray all this storm over very soon.

Timeline
2 hours ago, Angel4love said:

May God save our land🙏

It will surely end in praise! Let's keep holding on!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.