Sarge2155

February 2020 AOS Filers

4,064 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 minutes ago, klgck said:

Had my biometrics appointment today at 10:00am - arrived at 9:40am, got in line and was out by 10:07am! My statuses have yet to change from case/fingerprints fee received. I also had a healing cut/scar on my finger and was afraid it might interfere with my prints, but it seemed all good. I asked if these fingerprints would be applied to the AP and was able to speak to a manager (I believe). She let me know that they used to apply AOS/EAD prints to AP, and isn't sure if that's what they're still doing... But based on people's experiences on VJ, they are still doing that so I am hoping I don't have to go back there. She said I had an appointment pending for AP and if I get the letter, to go back in unless my case status states otherwise. She also let me know that I was scheduled for an appointment before the closures, which was kind of nice to know! Hoping I can get my EAD soon because I just want to work!

Yay! Thank you so much for the updates. What a great way to end your week — by getting your biometrics finally completed. Keep us updated on your progress post-biometrics.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
50 minutes ago, James120383 said:

i really dont understand this. why have Tier 1 customer service when all they can do is read pre scripted blah blah blah. Customer service was supposed to resolve applicants issues .what we are getting is a 99 cents burger service 

I believe this is the answer to that. Thank goodness this bofoon has finally been ruled as illegally appointed as USCIS director. It might not remove him but all illegal policies that he and the other illegal DHS appointee signed or undersigned and brought into court will be tossed citing the illegality of their appointment.

I can’t for the life of me imagine someone boasting about “increasing bureaucracy”.

973BD07E-6FE6-4F5B-A615-0677442386A8.jpeg

Edited by mat2291

8 minutes ago, mat2291 said:

I believe this is the answer to that. Thank goodness this bofoon has finally been ruled as illegally appointed as USCIS director. It might not remove him but all illegal policies that he and the other illegal DHS appointee signed or undersigned and brought into court will be tossed citing the illegality of their appointment.

I can’t for the life of me imagine someone boasting about “increasing bureaucracy”.

973BD07E-6FE6-4F5B-A615-0677442386A8.jpeg

this is great. Judge can toss all the illegal actions starting november 2016

duh

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Today in Subramanya case, they are 

22 minutes ago, klgck said:

Had my biometrics appointment today at 10:00am - arrived at 9:40am, got in line and was out by 10:07am! My statuses have yet to change from case/fingerprints fee received. I also had a healing cut/scar on my finger and was afraid it might interfere with my prints, but it seemed all good. I asked if these fingerprints would be applied to the AP and was able to speak to a manager (I believe). She let me know that they used to apply AOS/EAD prints to AP, and isn't sure if that's what they're still doing... But based on people's experiences on VJ, they are still doing that so I am hoping I don't have to go back there. She said I had an appointment pending for AP and if I get the letter, to go back in unless my case status states otherwise. She also let me know that I was scheduled for an appointment before the closures, which was kind of nice to know! Hoping I can get my EAD soon because I just want to work!

Are there any cases where biometrics was applied for an approved 765 where 131 was also approved and the card WASN'T in production in the next day or 2?? Maybe we can compile all of the approved 765/131 cases that get biometrics and make sure...

24 minutes ago, klgck said:

Hopefully they’ll just apply AOS/EAD prints to AP... because seriously... it won’t be different at all. I have the same concern. However, the lady I talked to checked if I have pending AP bio appt so they can just apply it and I don’t have to drive back. Unfortunately, I don’t so I’m really hoping I don’t need to go back for another bio. It’s good that you have yours scheduled though! Hoping we’ll get our EAD soon!!! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
5 minutes ago, chxakx said:

Hopefully they’ll just apply AOS/EAD prints to AP... because seriously... it won’t be different at all. I have the same concern. However, the lady I talked to checked if I have pending AP bio appt so they can just apply it and I don’t have to drive back. Unfortunately, I don’t so I’m really hoping I don’t need to go back for another bio. It’s good that you have yours scheduled though! Hoping we’ll get our EAD soon!!! 

Good to know we're in the same boat! Here's hoping we don't have to go back and get the EAD soon!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

Hey guys, I have a completely different question for you, not directly related to our immigration concerns so please excuse the tangent.

For those of us who are adjusting from a k1 visa, have the usc spouses received the stimulus payment? Did the immigrant spouses have a ssn at the time?

I'm asking because my husband never received his stimulus check, government website says that he wasn't issued one but doesn't give any explanation as to why, and when going over the requirements to qualify the only thing that stands out to us is that at the time the legislation was passed I had applied for ssn but not yet received it. The rules for the stimulus check exclude anyone living in a household with someone without ssn, but seeing how so many dead people received stimulus payments I would have expected them not to be completely up to date about me having moved in in February. But since no check ever materialized I'm now wondering if this is the reason and I just cost my husband his stimulus check on top of not being allowed to contribute any income to the household since half a year. Please give me some hope and tell me that you guys were in a similar situation and the usc spouses still received their stimulus checks...

Timeline
1 minute ago, Cassie5 said:

Just got an update today regarding Ead, which says new card is being produced. Finally, so happy.

Woohoo! What was your approval date and biometrics date? Did you also apply for AP?

Just now, fromsweden said:

Woohoo! What was your approval date and biometrics date? Did you also apply for AP?

I got an email couple of minutes ago since i have turned on notification for my forms. Approval date for EAD August 14th, 

Biometrics appt was April 4th but was canceled. They used my old fingerprints that was in their file. On April 8th, fingerprints was applied to my case for I 765. I applied for AP, no update since March 25th, i.e on March 25th fingerprints has been applied to your case for AP.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Cassie5 said:

I got an email couple of minutes ago since i have turned on notification for my forms. Approval date for EAD August 14th, 

Biometrics appt was April 4th but was canceled. They used my old fingerprints that was in their file. On April 8th, fingerprints was applied to my case for I 765. I applied for AP, no update since March 25th, i.e on March 25th fingerprints has been applied to your case for AP.

Oh nice! Good for you :) 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
17 minutes ago, MelOe said:

Hey guys, I have a completely different question for you, not directly related to our immigration concerns so please excuse the tangent.

For those of us who are adjusting from a k1 visa, have the usc spouses received the stimulus payment? Did the immigrant spouses have a ssn at the time?

I'm asking because my husband never received his stimulus check, government website says that he wasn't issued one but doesn't give any explanation as to why, and when going over the requirements to qualify the only thing that stands out to us is that at the time the legislation was passed I had applied for ssn but not yet received it. The rules for the stimulus check exclude anyone living in a household with someone without ssn, but seeing how so many dead people received stimulus payments I would have expected them not to be completely up to date about me having moved in in February. But since no check ever materialized I'm now wondering if this is the reason and I just cost my husband his stimulus check on top of not being allowed to contribute any income to the household since half a year. Please give me some hope and tell me that you guys were in a similar situation and the usc spouses still received their stimulus checks...

Unfortunately if you filed the taxes and you didn't have a SSN, your husband/spouse who's the US Citizen won't receive the stimulus check. I'm on the same boat, my wife has SSN and I have ITIN and she's not eligible for it because of that. But, if you get your SSN before filing next year taxes, you and your husband will be eligible to ask for the credit. If you don't get your SSN by then, he'd need to file separately and ask for the stimulus check credit. It sucks and it doesn't make sense that our spouses (US Citizen) can't get it because of us, it's straight up discriminatory.

For all the people contacting USCIS multiple times a  week - 

my case is not out of normal processing time til Aug 25 and my ASC only opened on Jul 27 so I’ve not been calling as i assume I actually have no right to any kind of assistance at this time? Has anyone actually found they are WITHIN processing time and their ASC only just opened, AND that calling made any difference?! 

And for those on employment based visas before doing family based AOS, are any of you considering asking employer to file i129 to extend your stamp, even though AOS is pending? Is this a possible route? I may try to do this unless it’s a non starter.....

Edited to add my stamp has not expired yet but probably will before I get my EAD

Edited by Tensheets
More info

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.