Greenbaum

FEBRUARY 2020 I-129F K-1 FILERS

694 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Marek50 said:

File a lawsuit and sue not only to have you case completed but for punitive damages due to stress. USCIS is our service, they work for us. Get a good immigration lawyer that's motivated to help. One quick search and I found these guys. Also, get your congressman involved and document all your calls.  https://www.fitzgeraldlawcompany.com/faq/suing-immigration-service/

Thank you so much! This is very helpful. Im seeing my lawyer tomorrow morning and I will have him file a Writ of Mandamus 

8 hours ago, Marek50 said:

File a lawsuit and sue not only to have you case completed but for punitive damages due to stress. USCIS is our service, they work for us. Get a good immigration lawyer that's motivated to help. One quick search and I found these guys. Also, get your congressman involved and document all your calls.  https://www.fitzgeraldlawcompany.com/faq/suing-immigration-service/

The stress that someone has is caused by their expectations. USCIS, NVC and the embassy promised you one thing and only one thing and that was a YES or NO answer. They never said when. A lawyer can only help when your file has been interviewed and it is sitting and waiting. Not when it is at USCIS or NVC under a pandemic with closed embassies. Just an opinion.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 hours ago, smile101 said:

No need for the negativity since your not in this position at the moment. And yeah USCIS has provided a "when" which is the processing times. At least Marek50 guided me and I appreciated the advice Marek50 has given me. Yeah we all have an expectation sir which is to be with our loved one which is an expectation you won't understand or the frustration. I know for sure you had an expectation years ago to be together with your significant other. Its not wrong to have an expectation and its not wrong for someone to guide me like how your guiding other people. Its like you go to a restaurant and your expecting the food to be great but turns out to be something else. Its like you expect for a student to get an A but turns out the student getting a B or C. And also its not wrong to stress about a case okay and just to follow up with some guidance. At least someone is trying to help. Don't put others down. Like you said " just an opinion". Thank you and have a nice day sir👌🏼

150% absolutely agree.  Too much "Cancel Culture" in the world already. Stay positive for ourselves and each other. 

Thanks for the post👍

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
On 9/14/2020 at 1:54 PM, SB1089 said:

So I finally got the letter in the mail for RFE and is what I suspected. It was for the two years in person meeting requirement. I had a weak spot because i couldn’t get any pictures with my fiancé when we met so I provided passport stamps, boarding pass, letter from my dad notarized saying we met and what’s app call logs and screenshots with date and time showing we were meeting in person. And I got this in the mail asking for more evidence including stuff I sent or photos or more letters. I am confused and upset and don’t know what else to send. More letters from friends and family? Passport stamp and boarding and WhatsApp messages again? I am so sad we didn’t have any pictures together an I’m scared I’ll get denied after waiting 7 months. 

F5DD1604-26A8-43F7-8A9D-2534D63ED19C.jpeg

Hi @SB1089, wanted to check on ya. What did you decide to send as additional proof? 

Found love, thought I wanted this path, two years later realized my partner was not worth all the stress 😁

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline
22 minutes ago, Strawberrymermaid said:

Hi @SB1089, wanted to check on ya. What did you decide to send as additional proof? 

Hey thanks for checking in! I’ve been so overwhelmed I decided to get a lawyer. When I initially filed I did Everytning myself but with the RFE I was losing confidence and didn’t want to take any chances. I’m resubmitting a lot of the evidence I already submitted plus a couple of sworn affidavits from friends and family with proper format and IDs. I’m also submitting any future wedding plans I have here and proof of those, lots of FaceTime call photos. I also had to rewrite my statement and he had to write his in more detail ... kinda awkward writing about your love story for lawyers and immigration haha. I’m wrapping up everything by this weekend so hopefully mailing back the RFE by Monday Tuesday. Then it’s back to waiting! 🤞🏾 

Timeline
1 hour ago, SB1089 said:

Hey thanks for checking in! I’ve been so overwhelmed I decided to get a lawyer. When I initially filed I did Everytning myself but with the RFE I was losing confidence and didn’t want to take any chances. I’m resubmitting a lot of the evidence I already submitted plus a couple of sworn affidavits from friends and family with proper format and IDs. I’m also submitting any future wedding plans I have here and proof of those, lots of FaceTime call photos. I also had to rewrite my statement and he had to write his in more detail ... kinda awkward writing about your love story for lawyers and immigration haha. I’m wrapping up everything by this weekend so hopefully mailing back the RFE by Monday Tuesday. Then it’s back to waiting! 🤞🏾 

Gotcha! I don't blame you for wanting to hire a lawyer to feel better about it. I am in the same spot with no photos from our first meeting (we met on a cruise ship while he was working and it wasn't really possible to get them). So I may be in a similar scenario! Thank you for sharing and good luck! 

Found love, thought I wanted this path, two years later realized my partner was not worth all the stress 😁

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Strawberrymermaid said:

Gotcha! I don't blame you for wanting to hire a lawyer to feel better about it. I am in the same spot with no photos from our first meeting (we met on a cruise ship while he was working and it wasn't really possible to get them). So I may be in a similar scenario! Thank you for sharing and good luck! 

Yes it’s kinda tough without photos 😞 you look like you already filed. I hope you get approved without RFE but if you do get one feel free to DM me and I’ll help if I can😁Good luck! I’ll post here if I get an update on my case after mailing it back. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, SB1089 said:

Yes it’s kinda tough without photos 😞 you look like you already filed. I hope you get approved without RFE but if you do get one feel free to DM me and I’ll help if I can😁Good luck! I’ll post here if I get an update on my case after mailing it back. 

Yes I filed back in July! We have since met again in a 3rd country and took photos there but no photos of us from our first meeting so I just submitted as much as I could. I did not have passport stamps either since when you go on a cruise from the US, you leave from a US location and no passport is needed lol. I submitted all my cruise ship booking info, receipts, his contract from the ship, a few photos I took OF him... but yeah. Meeting someone in person seems to be harder to prove than a planned meetup since you aren't really in the mindset to be gathering evidence. I understand your scenario also where the culture does not really permit much time alone so also having no photos. Yes, keep us updated on their response!!   💖

On 9/24/2020 at 7:44 PM, Marek50 said:

That is ridiculous advice.  "Punitive damages due to stress"?  So entitled.  No one is promised an approved petition by any particular date.  NOA2 dates have fluctuated widely over the years, from 2 or 3 months to close to one year.

If this is how you handle the wait time for just this one small part of the overall immigration journey, you're in for some hard times.

On 9/24/2020 at 7:49 PM, smile101 said:

Thank you so much! This is very helpful. Im seeing my lawyer tomorrow morning and I will have him file a Writ of Mandamus 

For a petition that has taken > 200 days?!   LOL.  I guess if you have thousands and thousands of dollars burning a hole in your pocket.....

WOM does not force USCIS/DOS to approve anything.  If you do that, and they are not ready to made a decision, it will be a denial.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

For a petition that has taken > 200 days?!   LOL.  I guess if you have thousands and thousands of dollars burning a hole in your pocket.....

WOM does not force USCIS/DOS to approve anything.  If you do that, and they are not ready to made a decision, it will be a denial.

For so much for someone to have so much negativity towards someone else says alot about the persons character. It doesn't hurt to help someone. Just be happy you're with your loved one alright and keep the negativity to yourself and stay positive. Thank you and have a nice day.

On 9/25/2020 at 12:51 PM, SB1089 said:

I don't mean to bud in on your conversation but what they're asking for is quite simple. It's either this, that, or the other thing as a requirement. You provide one of the items from the first list and one from the other bulleted list. They do not have time to go through, pictures, facetime photos, FB pages, wedding plans etc. They are not looking for a love story. Just proof that the two of you met in person during the previous 2-year period as outlined in the letter. This evidence can be completed in an hour. You don't need a lawyer.

This is such a straightforward process that many make it into some big deal. Read the RFE carefully and submit one of the items from each of the list and be done with this. Over my seven years of helping people, they too try and make this into a something that is bigger than what is requested in the RFE, AND the vast majority of those who answer their RFE do go onto be approved.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

I don't mean to bud in on your conversation but what they're asking for is quite simple. It's either this, that, or the other thing as a requirement. You provide one of the items from the first list and one from the other bulleted list. They do not have time to go through, pictures, facetime photos, FB pages, wedding plans etc. They are not looking for a love story. Just proof that the two of you met in person during the previous 2-year period as outlined in the letter. This evidence can be completed in an hour. You don't need a lawyer.

This is such a straightforward process that many make it into some big deal. Read the RFE carefully and submit one of the items from each of the list and be done with this. Over my seven years of helping people, they too try and make this into a something that is bigger than what is requested in the RFE, AND the vast majority of those who answer their RFE do go onto be approved.

Thank for the advice! I know I am trying to  just sending what they asked for and not overwhelm them but my lawyer thought it might help to send in these additional items. I hope USCIS doesn’t get annoyed with extra stuff I’m sending and deny it?? Is that possible? I’ll try to cut it down but the reason for all the extra stuff was because we don’t have photos from the time I visited him. If we had photos it would be so much easier and I wouldn’t even need a lawyer. I’m just scared they’ll think it’s not a legit relationship if I don’t send the extra stuff. 

22 hours ago, SB1089 said:

Thank for the advice! I know I am trying to  just sending what they asked for and not overwhelm them but my lawyer thought it might help to send in these additional items. I hope USCIS doesn’t get annoyed with extra stuff I’m sending and deny it?? Is that possible? I’ll try to cut it down but the reason for all the extra stuff was because we don’t have photos from the time I visited him. If we had photos it would be so much easier and I wouldn’t even need a lawyer. I’m just scared they’ll think it’s not a legit relationship if I don’t send the extra stuff. 

As I stated in my earlier comment, they do not have the time or the patience to waddle through everything you are proposing to send and in that quantity. They do have time to look over your answer with what they asked for in their RFE. Don't muddy the waters. Pictures are not good evidence. You're going overboard on this. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.