20 Mar 2020- DS-160 fee paid

15 Jan 2021 - Visa Approved!

21 Jan 2021 - Visa status changed to "issued"

27 March 2021 - Entered US

21 April 2021 - Married 👰🤵

30 April 2021- AOS delivered

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Macedonia
Timeline

Hello everyone, Hope you and your families are all safe and well during these scary times. I apologize if this question is not in the correct place but looking for some insight or direction. My husband and I were lucky to get an appointment at our local Social Security Administration yesterday(we had been on a list for about a month). When they input his information, specifically his K-1 visa number they were unable to verify the document with USCIS so we were given a letter stating that the verification of documents provided would take up to four weeks and that they would get back to us with an update on if he would be issued a SSN. He had a bit of an issue at the port of entry (they lost his documents from the embassy and were very frazzled) so I'm wondering if this hiccup could be related to that. 

I also had an AOS question and have not been able to find the answer among the other boards. We are filing I-485, I-131, and I-765 concurrently along with I-864 and I-944. I am very confused regarding the fee schedule. I called USCIS to verify and spoke to two representatives, both said that with concurrent filing I would just have to pay the I-485 fee plus the biometrics for a total of $1,225.00. I asked about the October 2nd changes and they said they never went into effect. I had read here (but cannot find where I read this) that the fees had gone up and needed to be paid separately for these forms. Any help or guidance is immensely appreciated!

4 hours ago, B and I said:

Hello everyone, Hope you and your families are all safe and well during these scary times. I apologize if this question is not in the correct place but looking for some insight or direction. My husband and I were lucky to get an appointment at our local Social Security Administration yesterday(we had been on a list for about a month). When they input his information, specifically his K-1 visa number they were unable to verify the document with USCIS so we were given a letter stating that the verification of documents provided would take up to four weeks and that they would get back to us with an update on if he would be issued a SSN. He had a bit of an issue at the port of entry (they lost his documents from the embassy and were very frazzled) so I'm wondering if this hiccup could be related to that. 

I also had an AOS question and have not been able to find the answer among the other boards. We are filing I-485, I-131, and I-765 concurrently along with I-864 and I-944. I am very confused regarding the fee schedule. I called USCIS to verify and spoke to two representatives, both said that with concurrent filing I would just have to pay the I-485 fee plus the biometrics for a total of $1,225.00. I asked about the October 2nd changes and they said they never went into effect. I had read here (but cannot find where I read this) that the fees had gone up and needed to be paid separately for these forms. Any help or guidance is immensely appreciated!

Hi. Exact same thing happened to me. They gave me the letter. Said to wait up to 4 weeks. Its been 2 weeks. Hopefully we get ssn soon

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

My husband and I were also lucky to get an appointment at our local SS office.  

During our appointment we were asked if we had already submitted our marriage certificate to Homeland Security and they said he would not be issued a SS# without that happening. There is NOTHING that I could find that says that's a requirement or even where it should be sent if it was?  Has anyone else been told where to file that with Homeland Security?

We are also preparing to file all the same files with the I-485..

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Off topic posts removed. Please keep all other questions Adjustment of Status or SSN questions to the proper forums.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
34 minutes ago, Ontarkie said:

~~Off topic posts removed. Please keep all other questions Adjustment of Status or SSN questions to the proper forums.~~

Could you please link the "proper forum"?  I have the most difficult time navigating the forums. 

6 hours ago, B and I said:

You're looking in the wrong place for your answer. You should be a part of the conversation here Adjustment of Status (Green Card) from K1 and K3 Family Based Visas - VisaJourney  Please don't hijack a thread that has nothing to do with your topic. You are ending up creating doubt and what not with the members who are on an entirely different trajectory then you.

Thank you for your understanding. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

It has been a long wait but our packet is finally in transit to the consulate.

Edited by jd_malachi

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Hello,

The embassy in London received our petition in February 2020, however, according to CEAC currently, we “have been notified that [our] registration for an immigrant visa [K-1] was cancelled, and any petition approved on [our] behalf was also cancelled.”

They go on and state: “we informed you that your application might be reinstate if, within one year, you could establish that your failure to pursue your immigrant visa application was due to circumstances beyond your control.”

And apparently, since we failed to do so, the record of our registration and any petition approved on our behalf and all supporting documents have been destroyed.

However, no such communication has been sent to us and the circumstances beyond our control were the closure and delay caused by COVID. There was an automatic 12 month extension, which would be over by now, and so in such a case the embassy webpage states that the petition can be resumed once services are back to normal and that all we need to to is to provide a new letter of intent to marry at my interview when scheduled.

Does anyone else have such a message on their CEAC status, and was any communication received? The statement that they claim to have informed us and destroyed our documents is alarming and stressing, but I hope that this message is an automated one and the embassy have kept hold of our documents, particularly if the embassy is separate from CEAC. The problem is that it is near impossible to get through to the London embassy. 

Any advice on this issue will be gratefully appreciated.

Thank you,

Aaron.

On 3/5/2021 at 9:46 PM, Aaron&Clari said:

Hello,

The embassy in London received our petition in February 2020, however, according to CEAC currently, we “have been notified that [our] registration for an immigrant visa [K-1] was cancelled, and any petition approved on [our] behalf was also cancelled.”

They go on and state: “we informed you that your application might be reinstate if, within one year, you could establish that your failure to pursue your immigrant visa application was due to circumstances beyond your control.”

And apparently, since we failed to do so, the record of our registration and any petition approved on our behalf and all supporting documents have been destroyed.

However, no such communication has been sent to us and the circumstances beyond our control were the closure and delay caused by COVID. There was an automatic 12 month extension, which would be over by now, and so in such a case the embassy webpage states that the petition can be resumed once services are back to normal and that all we need to to is to provide a new letter of intent to marry at my interview when scheduled.

Does anyone else have such a message on their CEAC status, and was any communication received? The statement that they claim to have informed us and destroyed our documents is alarming and stressing, but I hope that this message is an automated one and the embassy have kept hold of our documents, particularly if the embassy is separate from CEAC. The problem is that it is near impossible to get through to the London embassy. 

Any advice on this issue will be gratefully appreciated.

Thank you,

Aaron.

Hi Aaron, 

I’m going through the same situation (apparently it’s happened to many people according to a US traveldocs rep. but, I can’t seem to find any posts on VJ). I noticed last night that our status had changed to expired with the exact message. I never received any kind of communication either. If anything I emailed NVC, USCIS, & the embassy once my initial interview was cancelled due to the pandemic and when my Noa1 expired but, never got a response. I called the embassy this morning with no luck, the call would get disconnected whenever I would speak to someone and they would “transfer me”. When I called USCIS like the message advises they told me I had to contact the embassy. I’ve emailed everyone & was able to talk to a US traveldoc representative who said she would escalate it to the embassy as they were the ones that can resolve the issue and she told me it’s happened to many people. She also mentioned I couldn’t schedule an interview with that status. I completely understand what you’re feeling right now, but I honestly think they’re going to fix this. It’s completely out of our control. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

So happy to be in the final leg of this part of our journey, my fiance received her visa on Thursday and I went into express mode making travel arrangements.  We will spend 14 days in Abu Dhabi, UAE to satisfy the China travel restriction and then enter America together right after Easter.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.