253 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Me and my Canadian wife also sent her AOS package on Saturday 01/04/2020. We are preparing for longest wait time because Seattle office which is our regional office has slowest processing times for all immigration cases in the country. 

We're just collecting the last couple of things before we can send out the packet. I'll share the list of stuff and cover letters once everything is said and done. @Roeentan any idea why Seattle is so slow? I hope our Chicago bit better than Seattle, but I have no idea what to expect to be honest even when looking at other people's timeline. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline

We will hopefully be sending off ours sometime this month!! Finished it all in December but waiting for my birth certificates to arrive via snailmail 🤓I feel like we forgot something, although I am pretty sure we got all the forms..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, jules98 said:

We will hopefully be sending off ours sometime this month!! Finished it all in December but waiting for my birth certificates to arrive via snailmail 🤓I feel like we forgot something, although I am pretty sure we got all the forms..

Make sure the beneficiary BC is up to the USCIS standard or you will get a RFE for it. I did get one and know of other people on the same boat as well!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Martha R said:

Make sure the beneficiary BC is up to the USCIS standard or you will get a RFE for it. I did get one and know of other people on the same boat as well!!

It got accepted at embassy stage so fingers crossed! I ordered the most “advanced” one with the most info on it, in English. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Filed for AoS and case received today with biometrics date. 🙏
Time to hurry up and wait. Packet went out at year end. 
Wow, they cash that check quick. 😂

Idk I’ve ever been so happy for someone to  take my money. What a relief  😅

6 minutes ago, Sarah n Ryan said:

Time to hurry up and wait. Packet went out at year end. 
Wow, they cash that check quick. 😂

Idk I’ve ever been so happy for someone to  take my money. What a relief  😅

wow that is fast. you already got a biometrics appointment ?

duh

Timeline
1 minute ago, Donald120383 said:

wow that is fast. you already got a biometrics appointment ?

Nope not an appointment date but when I enter in the 3 different case numbers, it says biometrics fee accepted only. 
No date yet but relieved that our NOAs our on there way. 
I don’t really know how this works and if it gives a date on the NOAs or not.
However, I’m expecting long wait times coming from Chicago Field Office. 

5 minutes ago, Donald120383 said:

Sorry about that probably should have worded that a bit differently. 

17 minutes ago, Sarah n Ryan said:

Nope not an appointment date but when I enter in the 3 different case numbers, it says biometrics fee accepted only. 
No date yet but relieved that our NOAs our on there way. 
I don’t really know how this works and if it gives a date on the NOAs or not.
However, I’m expecting long wait times coming from Chicago Field Office. 

Sorry about that probably should have worded that a bit differently. 

Oh so you got text message that your case was received. Is that correct ?

duh

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Donald120383 said:

Oh so you got text message that your case was received. Is that correct ?

Yes, just came through. They must have automated texts. I’m sure they are not working at midnight central time. 
We just submitted our packet last week so I was expecting a few weeks at least before we even heard anything back. 
 Happy, nonetheless 

8 hours ago, Sarah n Ryan said:

Yes, just came through. They must have automated texts. I’m sure they are not working at midnight central time. 
We just submitted our packet last week so I was expecting a few weeks at least before we even heard anything back. 
 Happy, nonetheless 

congrats. i submitted mine on the 3rd of Jan but no text yet.

duh

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.