253 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
9 hours ago, Poseidon1212 said:

But I wouldn't wait too long because of new rules

11 minutes ago, minails said:

I have this question too 

I think I've found what this is all about: the new Public Charge rules

https://www.uscis.gov/news/news-releases/uscis-announces-public-charge-rule-implementation-following-supreme-court-stay-nationwide-injunctions

Additional update:
https://www.uscis.gov/news/news-releases/uscis-updates-process-accepting-petitions-relatives-abroad

3 hours ago, Del A. said:

Hope you don't mind me asking; what do you mean by new rules?

USCIS has announced the new Public Charge Rule, it will become effective on February 24, 2020.

This Rule affects legal immigrants (those who are legally in the United States and those who are seeking admission to the United States) and illegal immigrants (who have never been eligible for the benefits covered by the Rule).

• The Rule will apply to all applications and petitions postmarked on or after February 24, 2020. For applications and petitions sent by commercial courier, the postmark date is the date on the courier receipt.

• USCIS will start to issue new forms that include public charge queries during the week of February 3, 2020.

• “Old” forms submitted after February 24, 2020, will not be accepted and applicants and petitioners will be told to submit the “new” forms.

• The Rule will not apply to benefits received prior to February 24, 2020.

• The Rule does not apply in Illinois (at this point) where an injunction is still in place.

USCIS plans to issue guidance on the implementation of the Rule starting the week of February 3, 2020.

More here https://www.uscis.gov/i-864

Timeline

Hi guys, I'm probably being paranoid but I was just wondering if it's normal that I haven't gotten any emails or text messages from USCIS about my AOS yet. My package was signed for exactly one week ago, Jan. 27, Monday. I'm worried because most people here I've observed got their case numbers much sooner.

35 minutes ago, Del A. said:

Hi guys, I'm probably being paranoid but I was just wondering if it's normal that I haven't gotten any emails or text messages from USCIS about my AOS yet. My package was signed for exactly one week ago, Jan. 27, Monday. I'm worried because most people here I've observed got their case numbers much sooner.

it can take a while depending on your case. folks get receipts/texts in 2 days to 40 days. Every case is unique 

Edited by Donald120383

duh

I just got a confirmation from USCIS lockbox that my case was rejected the first time due to a error.  Lmao i think they are actually manually processing applications at the lockbox and we are living in the generation of machines and apps :)

uscis error.PNG

duh

11 hours ago, Del A. said:

You can call the USCIS call center to verify if they received your case. This is what I did 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Bere said:

You can call the USCIS call center to verify if they received your case. This is what I did 

Thank you, Bere. But actually I just got the 3 text messages after midnight, so I spoke too soon indeed. 😊

When I check the status online, it only says "Case Received" (EAD and AP) and "Fingerprint Fee Received" (AOS). I thought I'd already see if it any of the 3 were approved?

9 hours ago, Del A. said:

Thank you, Bere. But actually I just got the 3 text messages after midnight, so I spoke too soon indeed. 😊

When I check the status online, it only says "Case Received" (EAD and AP) and "Fingerprint Fee Received" (AOS). I thought I'd already see if it any of the 3 were approved?

The same thing happened to me. I called early yesterday and then received the three messages after midnight. 

Mine says the same thing. That means they received the cases and will start processing them. It takes a couple of months for them to make a decision 

Hello Everyone! 

I decided to get on this to help me relax my nerves with fellow January Filers. I sent my AOS  to the Chicago lockbox through FedEx on 1/10 and it was signed for by a J. Harper on 1/13 but as of today ( 17 business days later) I am yet to get a receipt notification via text or email. I have called USCIS who says its not in the system yet, emailed lockbox support on friday with no response yet and i cannot trace the status of the money because i used USPS money order which the post office tells me they can't do money order status inquiry anymore. Is anyone who filed around the same time as me going through similar delays? 

48 minutes ago, Woo said:

Hello Everyone! 

I decided to get on this to help me relax my nerves with fellow January Filers. I sent my AOS  to the Chicago lockbox through FedEx on 1/10 and it was signed for by a J. Harper on 1/13 but as of today ( 17 business days later) I am yet to get a receipt notification via text or email. I have called USCIS who says its not in the system yet, emailed lockbox support on friday with no response yet and i cannot trace the status of the money because i used USPS money order which the post office tells me they can't do money order status inquiry anymore. Is anyone who filed around the same time as me going through similar delays? 

it can take up to a month. Relax 

duh

Finally my check has been cashed in.  Ahh second time is the charm. Application refiled on Jan 30th , Received by USCIS on Jan 31st. Still waiting for Text/Email for the petition number.  

But one piece of mind and iam happy to give that application fee.:)

duh

Timeline

My timeline so far:

January 24, Friday - AOS package shipped via UPS
January 27, Monday - UPS tracking indicated delivered and signed (3 days, 1 business day since shipped)
February 4, Tuesday - Received 3 text messages at half past midnight (8 days, 6 business days since delivered)
February 6, Thursday - Received 3 letters in the mail (2 days, 2 business days since text messages)

Letters Notice Date: January 31, Friday (4 days, 4 business days since AOS package was delivered and signed)

Edited by Del A.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.