18 posts in this topic

Hello guys! Good day! Do you guys think that it’s inadmissible for not having a vaccination record? My vaccination card got misplaced, I don’t have any history of my vaccination in childhood with me right now. does anyone have an idea what should I do?

6 minutes ago, designguy said:

It is going to be up to the panel physician. They may draw titers to check your immunity or give you the required shots based on age 

In any case will they not approve of a person who does not have a record of their vaccinations In the past? No right? 

Theoretically a doctor would have to keep your patient record and could potentially issue a new vaccination card based on that (only if it’s the doctor that did the shots in the first place - not sure if this is possible/allowed in your country)

An alternative might be to get a blood test to determine the antibodies in your blood in order to at least confirm that you’ve gotten the vaccinations at some point.

Another option is to just get them redone. I doesn’t hurt to refresh vaccinations after a few years - maybe ask your doctor about the possible solutions to the lost record.

Edited by B&C2017

Marriage: 03/16/2018 ❤️💍👱‍♀️🧑
Birth of our daughter: 11/24/2018 👶🥰

USCIS Stage

I-130 submitted: 10/01/2019 😃
I-130 USCIS Lockbox received: 10/03/2019 
I-130 NOA1 received: 10/08/2019 --> Assigned to Nebraska Service Center 😩
I-129F (K3) submitted: 11/01/2019 :idea:

I-129F (K3) USCIS Lockbox received: 11/06/2019 

I-129F (K3) NOA1 received: 11/14/2019 😃🙏🏻
I-130 approved: 05/21/2020 —> NOA2 came from Texas Service Center 🥳❤️

NVC Stage
Case Number received: 05/22/2020 —> via Email 😃
Paid IV and AOS fee: 05/23/2020
IV fee processed (AOS fee is stuck😭) 05/28/2020
Submitted IV application and civil documents: 06/02/2020
Submitted inquiry to NVC for AOS fee being "stuck" (known NVC system issue): 06/02/2020 --> Let the waiting begin - again.... 
AOS fee finally marked as payed: 06/10/2020 🥳

51 minutes ago, B&C2017 said:

Theoretically a doctor would have to keep your patient record and could potentially issue a new vaccination card based on that (only if it’s the doctor that did the shots in the first place - not sure if this is possible/allowed in your country)

An alternative might be to get a blood test to determine the antibodies in your blood in order to at least confirm that you’ve gotten the vaccinations at some point.

Another option is to just get them redone. I doesn’t hurt to refresh vaccinations after a few years - maybe ask your doctor about the possible solutions to the lost record.

Oh thanks alot b&c

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
4 hours ago, L&U said:

Hello guys! Good day! Do you guys think that it’s inadmissible for not having a vaccination record? My vaccination card got misplaced, I don’t have any history of my vaccination in childhood with me right now. does anyone have an idea what should I do?

That's okay. Even I don't have my vaccination records anymore.. they'll give you required vaccinations during your medical and issue you a new card that you can submit. I just had my medical done and got vaccinated today. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
4 hours ago, L&U said:

Hello, 

I had the same problem. I lost my vaccinations records years ago.

so I’ve been to the doctor who gave me a prescription for a blood test to see against what I have still immunization or not . 
from that you can see which vaccination you need . And the labo results shows what you already have . 
then ask your doctor to do a letter explaining that and it’s gonna be ok 

Filed: Other Country: France
Timeline
5 hours ago, B&C2017 said:

Except for Varicelle (Herpes Viridae = Chicken Pox) which is an alive virus and so it's not so cool to have a shot for that. MUCH BETTER to get a test of immunity. And lots of chances that you had it when you were a child. Even if you don't recall having any spots.

:)

USCIS - FILING FOR I-751 (CR1)

May 21st 2022 : package sent (with Fedex / Delivered on May 23rd) 

May 27th 2022: case received with Receipt # (NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER)

May 31st 2022: NOA received. I-797 (24months extension)

June 11th 2022: NOA for a Biometrics appointment (set for June 30th - need to reschedule it - not in the US on that day! 😱)

June 14th 2022: walk in at the Center - all went well. Biometrics done!

December 8th 2022: Received a Notice of Action. I-751 APPROVED! 🎉

December 10th 2022: New GreenCard received in the mail 🥳

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
1 hour ago, Alix64 said:

Except for Varicelle (Herpes Viridae = Chicken Pox) which is an alive virus and so it's not so cool to have a shot for that. MUCH BETTER to get a test of immunity. And lots of chances that you had it when you were a child. Even if you don't recall having any spots.

:)

For example and I don’t know if it’s the same in all countries but for the medical exam

rubella / mumps/measles  are in the same vaccinations . 
if you have immunization against just one or two you will have to do the whole vaccination . 
as said above the best is to do the test for immunity . 
easy and fast 

Edited by Mr & Mrs T

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
8 hours ago, L&U said:

In any case will they not approve of a person who does not have a record of their vaccinations In the past? No right? 

Incorrect. The required vaccination record is the one completed by the panel Dr.. and will include any vaccination record an applicant may have , any vaccinations the dr gives you at the medical , and any for  which you are exempt. It s not uncommon for an applicant to not have vaccination records 

Thanks a lot guys!! I think I should get a hand from my doctor and get an immunity test done and produce the results with a written letter at the medical exam.

My wife had no records of her immunizations.   The panel physician gave her the 3 immunizations based on her age indicated by the CDC recommendations.   If your doctor does not have your records - don't worry.   Don't go get immunizations before either.   Just let the panel doctor do their job.

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

1 hour ago, Paul & Mary said:

My wife had no records of her immunizations.   The panel physician gave her the 3 immunizations based on her age indicated by the CDC recommendations.   If your doctor does not have your records - don't worry.   Don't go get immunizations before either.   Just let the panel doctor do their job.

Oh thanks paul&mary. 

• Captain Ewok changed the title to Lost Vaccination Records
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
19 hours ago, Lil bear said:

Incorrect. The required vaccination record is the one completed by the panel Dr.. and will include any vaccination record an applicant may have , any vaccinations the dr gives you at the medical , and any for  which you are exempt. It s not uncommon for an applicant to not have vaccination records 

I am just curious as to what you mean when you refer to the "panel" Dr. My vaccination record was completed by the same physician that I had to see for my physical. I brought him a record of my immunizations from my own family dr.                                                                                                                                                     As an aside as well, at our first interview the officer told me that my immunization record had expired and that I would have to go to see a new physician to get it updated. She said that after I sent back an updated immunization record she would "make her decision". Unpleasant woman right from the word "go".(I know it is a rule but it is incredibly moronic, considering the immunizations they want us to have don't expire in a year) I left and immediately phoned a 'higher up" because my paperwork had been 'misplaced' for almost 2 years. They told me they were handing my files to a "new officer."  Later that same day, I received word that my green card was 'being produced'. 

On 12/27/2019 at 3:23 AM, L&U said:

Best go to your primary doctor and get a notice that all your vaccinations are up to date!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.