TBoneTX

N-400 and I-751 Combo Pending -- Part 2

445 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

My i-751 (April 2019) was approved Tuesday w/o interview and the card in production.

Still waiting on N-400 approval 118 days after the interview....

ROC

03/05/2019 Notice to Transfer to Nebraska Service Center

04/05/2018 NOA from CSC (Biometrics waved) 

AOS

09/15/2016 EAD/AP Approved, Card in production, 09/23/2016 EAD/AP Received!

07/26/2015 Biometrics Notice Mailed (Appt 08/12/2015)

07/17/2015 NOA I-130/AOS/EAD/AP

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 4/2/2020 at 1:29 PM, Sweet5884 said:

Do you track both cases online? did you added your i 751 with your n400? Did you add extension letter to your n400 process? Sorry many questions

Yes, we track both cases online. I don't know or didn't see an option to add the i-751 to N-400. But we assumed that they know about the pending i-751 since, it got transferred right after filing N-400. Our 18 month extension has now expired.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 3/27/2020 at 10:27 AM, Sweet5884 said:

Which office? Mine originally SRC (texas) but transfered to potomac service 

LINxxx. I think Arizona. I mailed it the day they announced changes to where it suppose to go. I assume, our i-751 was transferred to where N-400 is processed.

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Our situation is similar to a lot of previous posters, although now COVID-19 has thrown a wrench into the proceedings.

We applied for my I-751 in October 2018, and got a notice that it had transferred from Vermont Service Center to National Service Center on March 3, 2020.

We applied for my N-400 in September 2019, and got an interview date of April 20th.

Obviously, that interview has been descheduled until further notice because of COVID-19.

My issue is that my 18 month extension of my 2 year Green Card/I-551 expires on June 1st. My employer is asking for proof that I will still be in status beyond that date or they might have to let me go.

I know that I should be in legal status. Is there any specific law or place on the USCIS website that I can point them to to prove that I can be legally employed beyond that date? They won’t exactly accept “someone on VisaJourney said I am” as sufficient proof!

USCIS just announced that they will be closed until at least June 4th, so getting an I-551 stamp is impossible.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
9 hours ago, DannyAdelante said:

Our situation is similar to a lot of previous posters, although now COVID-19 has thrown a wrench into the proceedings.

We applied for my I-751 in October 2018, and got a notice that it had transferred from Vermont Service Center to National Service Center on March 3, 2020.

We applied for my N-400 in September 2019, and got an interview date of April 20th.

Obviously, that interview has been descheduled until further notice because of COVID-19.

My issue is that my 18 month extension of my 2 year Green Card/I-551 expires on June 1st. My employer is asking for proof that I will still be in status beyond that date or they might have to let me go.

I know that I should be in legal status. Is there any specific law or place on the USCIS website that I can point them to to prove that I can be legally employed beyond that date? They won’t exactly accept “someone on VisaJourney said I am” as sufficient proof!

USCIS just announced that they will be closed until at least June 4th, so getting an I-551 stamp is impossible.

While offices are temporarily closed, USCIS will continue to provide limited emergency in-person services. Please call the USCIS Contact Center for assistance with emergency services.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline
On 4/27/2020 at 10:43 AM, arman597 said:

While offices are temporarily closed, USCIS will continue to provide limited emergency in-person services. Please call the USCIS Contact Center for assistance with emergency services.

Thanks for that.

I called USCIS. The tier 1 representative was not helpful at all.  Every question I asked was met with just a "No." with no other explanation.  I asked to speak to a Tier 2 representative. They said there was no point because they would just tell me the same thing, but I insisted anyway. He also gave me a hard time about calling when I still had more than 30 days of status left (I have 33 days left, and USCIS offices are closed for at least the next 36 days).
The officer (Tier 2) I spoke to was more helpful, but gave evasive answers.

Eventually he said that I should call up after Memorial Day (Memorial Day is on May 25th, so call on May 26th) and they might be able to get me an emergency appointment before June 1st (the day my I-551 status expires), but he couldn't guarantee it. And if I call earlier than that, they won't be able to help me.

I asked if there was any law or other literature that I could show my employer to reassure them that I would still be in status, but he said no.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, DannyAdelante said:

Thanks for that.

I called USCIS. The tier 1 representative was not helpful at all.  Every question I asked was met with just a "No." with no other explanation.  I asked to speak to a Tier 2 representative. They said there was no point because they would just tell me the same thing, but I insisted anyway. He also gave me a hard time about calling when I still had more than 30 days of status left (I have 33 days left, and USCIS offices are closed for at least the next 36 days).

Eventually he said that I should call up after Memorial Day (Memorial Day is on May 25th, so call on May 26th) and they might be able to get me an emergency appointment before June 1st (the day my I-551 status expires), but he couldn't guarantee it. And if I call earlier than that, they won't be able to help me.

I asked if there was any law or other literature that I could show my employer to reassure them that I would still be in status, but he said no.

Lets hope u get the stamp done, good news is My26th is Tuesday, so you have few weekdays to get the new stamp 

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone here requested for I-751 card to be produced when the N-400 interview was approved at the same time? I was interviewed for both N-400 and I-751 back in March and got approved - my I-751 approval letter states that I won't be receiving a green card because I'll be scheduled for oath ceremony. I was scheduled for oath ceremony in March, but got cancelled because of covid-19. I'm wondering, with the uncertainty of the oath ceremonies, whether it's possible for me to ask USCIS to produce my green card since it has already been approved but they just haven't produced it yet? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 4/28/2020 at 11:52 AM, DannyAdelante said:

Thanks for that.

It might make you feel better to know that my emergency appointment was for just two days after requesting it. They don't seem to be giving them out much further in advance things are so uncertain.. I got the appointment for a Friday and my letter Expired the following Monday. 

Also your job should be able to E-verify you. You are still a permanent resident even if the card or letter itself has expired. My job hasn't even asked me for an updated card and my letter Expired. Matter of fact my card that I got hired with expired in 2018 and they didn't ask me for anything then either. Just occurred to me. 

Edited by Thegirl

Cateogory: CR1

• NOA1/Notice of receipt: Sept. 15, 2015
  • NOA2/I130 Approved: February 8, 2016 (NO RFE) :)
  • Process slowed down by us
  • Sent documents to NVC: April 11, 2016
  • Scan date: April 14/ May 7th (NVC said both I dont know why)
  • Case Complete: May 31, 2016 (No checklist) :dancing:

August 17, 2016: Visa Approved!!!! :dancing:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 4/28/2020 at 11:52 AM, DannyAdelante said:

Thanks for that.

I also found this. Search for "reverification issues" in the document. 

https://www.justice.gov/crt/frequently-asked-questions-faqs#dhs

Cateogory: CR1

• NOA1/Notice of receipt: Sept. 15, 2015
  • NOA2/I130 Approved: February 8, 2016 (NO RFE) :)
  • Process slowed down by us
  • Sent documents to NVC: April 11, 2016
  • Scan date: April 14/ May 7th (NVC said both I dont know why)
  • Case Complete: May 31, 2016 (No checklist) :dancing:

August 17, 2016: Visa Approved!!!! :dancing:

7 hours ago, h2o15 said:

Has anyone here requested for I-751 card to be produced when the N-400 interview was approved at the same time? I was interviewed for both N-400 and I-751 back in March and got approved - my I-751 approval letter states that I won't be receiving a green card because I'll be scheduled for oath ceremony. I was scheduled for oath ceremony in March, but got cancelled because of covid-19. I'm wondering, with the uncertainty of the oath ceremonies, whether it's possible for me to ask USCIS to produce my green card since it has already been approved but they just haven't produced it yet? 

Did you have interview for 751 with your spouse? Thank you for answer 

And about your question - I would advise to file for green card renewal...

Edited by Phoenix777

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.