TBoneTX

N-400 and I-751 Combo Pending -- Part 2

445 posts in this topic

On 3/8/2020 at 1:52 PM, tootak said:

Awesome! Congratulations! Happy to hear your was quickly resolved. 
Mine has been about 40 days since the citizenship interview. I’m hoping to hear something in the next couple of weeks 

Thanks! I believe you will hear soon as well. Just hang in there, you're so close to the end.

On 3/9/2020 at 8:59 AM, Eddiem2044 said:

Hi guys, this question is about combo interviews.

when you receive your appointment letter (N400 supposing), are we supposed to be notified about that it is going to be a combo interview???

I got my interview date (N400) taking place on April 15th, my I751 is still pending, but they do not mention anything about I751 in the letter…

TIMELINE: NEWARK-NJ

I751 filed ----                         Jan 2019

N400 filed ----                        Dic 2019

I751 transferred NBC----     Jan 2020

N400 int schdld ---               April 15 2020

They don't say it's going to be a combo or not in the N400 letter. There's no real way of knowing until you go to the interview, although I've read some people getting later emails saying that it's combo or that they called USCIS and they were able to tell them if it was combo or not. For me, no one was able to help me out with that. I just went prepared for a combo (and it wasn't). but can't hurt to prepare just in case.

On 3/9/2020 at 10:31 AM, h2o15 said:

Just wanted to post an update that this morning (March 9th), my I-751 status changed to Case was approved! Finally after waiting for almost 2 years! Hopefully my oath ceremony will get scheduled quickly.  

Another update! Just received a status update that my oath ceremony was scheduled today (march 12th). Hopefully it doesn't get cancelled because of coronavirus issues. 

On 3/11/2020 at 10:50 AM, kc2177 said:

Thanks! I believe you will hear soon as well. Just hang in there, you're so close to the end.

I finally received an update today on my N400 🙂 saying that my oath ceremony will be scheduled !!! I’m so happy 💃🏻😄

not sure how the oath ceremony would work given gathering of large people is forbidden. 

I did not get any update on I-751 though. Did you get an update about both cases? 

On 3/12/2020 at 8:24 AM, h2o15 said:

Another update! Just received a status update that my oath ceremony was scheduled today (march 12th). Hopefully it doesn't get cancelled because of coronavirus issues. 

Yay! Congrats! 
I got a similar message this morning.

did you figure out how the oath ceremony would work given the circumstances? 

AOS

• Package sent on 2/17/16
  • Package was delivered to Chicago lockbox 2/19/16 (day 1)
  • NOA received in email 2/29/16 (day 10)
  • Checks cashed 3/7/16 (day 17)
  • Bio metrics 5/9/16 (late appointment as a result of "technical difficulties" in USCIS system in filing my documents ) (day 81)
  • Interview notice sent via text on 6/30/16. (day 133)
  • Interview date : 8/1/16 (day 194) Approved! :dancing:
  • Status changed to "New card is being produced" (day 195) : 8/2/16
  • Status changed to "Card was mailed to you" (day 198): 8/5/16
  • Got the card in mail (day 203): 8/10/16 :luv:

4 hours ago, tootak said:

I finally received an update today on my N400 🙂 saying that my oath ceremony will be scheduled !!! I’m so happy 💃🏻😄

not sure how the oath ceremony would work given gathering of large people is forbidden. 

I did not get any update on I-751 though. Did you get an update about both cases? 

Yay! Congrats! 

No I haven’t received any notices about cancellations but I am going to just assume that it will probably get cancelled and rescheduled. Where is your field office? 

15 hours ago, h2o15 said:

No I haven’t received any notices about cancellations but I am going to just assume that it will probably get cancelled and rescheduled. Where is your field office? 

Yes seem like the format of the pay ceremony has changed. Hopefully USCIS will resume scheduling interview soon. 

I’m in Los Angeles. 

AOS

• Package sent on 2/17/16
  • Package was delivered to Chicago lockbox 2/19/16 (day 1)
  • NOA received in email 2/29/16 (day 10)
  • Checks cashed 3/7/16 (day 17)
  • Bio metrics 5/9/16 (late appointment as a result of "technical difficulties" in USCIS system in filing my documents ) (day 81)
  • Interview notice sent via text on 6/30/16. (day 133)
  • Interview date : 8/1/16 (day 194) Approved! :dancing:
  • Status changed to "New card is being produced" (day 195) : 8/2/16
  • Status changed to "Card was mailed to you" (day 198): 8/5/16
  • Got the card in mail (day 203): 8/10/16 :luv:

On 3/17/2020 at 11:12 AM, tootak said:

Yay! Congrats! 

congrats! a little bit more waiting and you'll be done. hopefully everything goes back to normal soon

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Hello everyone ☺️

I have a question, I'm applying the n400 Online and I'm a little confused And was hoping anyone can help!  

I'm applying as my 90 day window is open, since I have my three year green card anniversary coming soon And married to a US citozen, Hence when I'm applying online however I some of questions. 

I've gone through the application online and so far The questions relate to where I lived Five years ago, employment, travel etc.. All for five years ago even though I came to the US as LPR coming up to three years ago. although I've listed the requested information, the information Is predominantly of my time in the UK, then portrays my time in the US from 2017 and onwards. If I try to change it to time in US it tells me I'm missing certain time periods. Am I doing this correctly? Sorry if this is a really simple answer 🤦🏻‍♀️

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, Sweet5884 said:

I 751 pending april 2019

n 400 filled march 2020

no update for both

Same here, no update. 

i-751filed September 2018

n-400 filed October 2019

We are now March 2020.

37 minutes ago, whimper said:

Same here, no update. 

i-751filed September 2018

n-400 filed October 2019

We are now March 2020.

Which office? Mine originally SRC (texas) but transfered to potomac service 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
21 hours ago, Nutella said:

Hello everyone ☺️

I have a question, I'm applying the n400 Online and I'm a little confused And was hoping anyone can help!  

I'm applying as my 90 day window is open, since I have my three year green card anniversary coming soon And married to a US citozen, Hence when I'm applying online however I some of questions. 

I've gone through the application online and so far The questions relate to where I lived Five years ago, employment, travel etc.. All for five years ago even though I came to the US as LPR coming up to three years ago. although I've listed the requested information, the information Is predominantly of my time in the UK, then portrays my time in the US from 2017 and onwards. If I try to change it to time in US it tells me I'm missing certain time periods. Am I doing this correctly? Sorry if this is a really simple answer 🤦🏻‍♀️

I also applied online under the 3-year rule. I think the most sensible thing is to enter 5 years of history as requested, even though some of it will have nothing to do with living in the US. That way, the online system will accept your application and they can start processing it. 

Removal of Conditions I-751

07.23.2018 Sent I-751 Priority Express to CSC (California)

08.02.2018 18 month Green Card extension letter

07.16.2019 Biometrics complete

09.04.2019 Case transferred to Lee's Summit, MO (NBC)

03.22.2021 New card in production

03.23.2021 I-751 approval notice (without interview)

03.27.2021 10-year green card received

N400 Naturalization Application

07.22.2019 Online application; USCIS estimated completion Sept 2020

07.31.2019 Biometrics complete

12.18.2020 Contacted State Senator (I-751 pending for more than 2 years)

05.10.2021 Interview  - recommended for approval

06.03.2021 Oath day...finally done!!

On 3/11/2020 at 1:52 PM, kc2177 said:

They don't say it's going to be a combo or not in the N400 letter. There's no real way of knowing until you go to the interview, although I've read some people getting later emails saying that it's combo or that they called USCIS and they were able to tell them if it was combo or not. For me, no one was able to help me out with that. I just went prepared for a combo (and it wasn't). but can't hurt to prepare just in case.

Your case wasnt combo Interview? Can you share your timeline And local please?  Mine is pending since april 2019. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
23 hours ago, Sweet5884 said:

Which office? Mine originally SRC (texas) but transfered to potomac service 

Ours is LINxxx. The last update was October 2019 , that it was transferred to the new jurisdiction, right after N-400 was submitted online. The N-400 last update was October 2019 also after Biometrics was completed. And I noticed on this thread that many have already become citizens or about to be very soon.

On 3/28/2020 at 11:47 AM, whimper said:

Ours is LINxxx. The last update was October 2019 , that it was transferred to the new jurisdiction, right after N-400 was submitted online. The N-400 last update was October 2019 also after Biometrics was completed. And I noticed on this thread that many have already become citizens or about to be very soon.

Do you track both cases online? did you added your i 751 with your n400? Did you add extension letter to your n400 process? Sorry many questions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.