daniel4310

N-400 Dec 2019 Filers

2,200 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Credit to Amy Klobuchar and all the senators who signed and send this letter to USCIS. I think USCIS should be able to do video interviews and even zoom meetings for OATH ceremonies. What do you guys think?

https://www.klobuchar.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/2019/4/klobuchar-blunt-lead-letter-urging-departments-of-homeland-security-state-to-address-impact-of-closure-of-citizenship-and-immigration-service-uscis-offices-on-intercountry-adoptions

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline
38 minutes ago, Yaadman20 said:

Credit to Amy Klobuchar and all the senators who signed and send this letter to USCIS. I think USCIS should be able to do video interviews and even zoom meetings for OATH ceremonies. What do you guys think?

https://www.klobuchar.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/2019/4/klobuchar-blunt-lead-letter-urging-departments-of-homeland-security-state-to-address-impact-of-closure-of-citizenship-and-immigration-service-uscis-offices-on-intercountry-adoptions

In my line of work, video depositions in both state and federal level have been allowed since the pandemic. I don't see why they can't. 

It would definitely help everyone out. 

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Bugg said:

In my line of work, video depositions in both state and federal level have been allowed since the pandemic. I don't see why they can't. 

It would definitely help everyone out. 

Sorry this is the correct link.

https://www.klobuchar.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/news-releases?ID=8A792481-2803-4847-9A96-4F38CD9A9848

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Hungary
Timeline
On 4/27/2020 at 11:20 PM, Giovanna024 said:

No we are just joking here because we have nothing better to do.🙄😒

Go to uscis web site. There is a special threat about this topic also @Sartre posted the whole news here above.

Thanks, sorry. Iam on furlough and I am trying to get a lots of things done around the house and don't read to many news! Thanks 😊

Edited by Ka&J

Even with USCIS not opening for another month, the Oath ceremonies will be delayed even more. At least in my neck of the woods there are no medium size gatherings for at least 3 more months. And I am in a low affected area.

I actually reached out to my congress office asking to push for video or phone oath ceremonies, since it is a election year.

On 4/29/2020 at 5:52 PM, Yaadman20 said:

That's a one year old letter addressing the closure from all the international offices. I.e. if you live in Germany and are married to a USC, you where able to file directly in Germany for your CR1 and the process time was just a few months. If you live in Switzerland, just a bit south of the German boarder and you are married to a USC, you have to file thru the Chicago lockbox and the same visa takes 12+ months. IMOH you have to allow directly consular filled for everyone or nobody. Since it would be to expensive to open a USCIS office for every country, i personally support the closure off all the offices and every visa has to go directly thru the USCIS in the USA.

Timeline
5 hours ago, jöni said:

That's a one year old letter addressing the closure from all the international offices. I.e. if you live in Germany and are married to a USC, you where able to file directly in Germany for your CR1 and the process time was just a few months. If you live in Switzerland, just a bit south of the German boarder and you are married to a USC, you have to file thru the Chicago lockbox and the same visa takes 12+ months. IMOH you have to allow directly consular filled for everyone or nobody. Since it would be to expensive to open a USCIS office for every country, i personally support the closure off all the offices and every visa has to go directly thru the USCIS in the USA.

I posted the correct link.

https://www.klobuchar.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/news-releases?ID=8A792481-2803-4847-9A96-4F38CD9A9848

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
On 4/29/2020 at 2:52 PM, Yaadman20 said:

Nah, the interview should be in person. How else will they know if someone is standing behind the camera and giving the applicant the answers to the questions? Cheating is easily done that way, that shouldn't be possible.

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

16 hours ago, Scandi said:

Nah, the interview should be in person. How else will they know if someone is standing behind the camera and giving the applicant the answers to the questions? Cheating is easily done that way, that shouldn't be possible.

Great, I saw you applied in April - At this rate you'll be lucky if you get an in-person interview by next year May - Especially in Los Angeles.

For anyone interested, I wanted to share an interesting article regarding remote naturalization ceremonies being pushed to USCIS.

https://www.niskanencenter.org/uscis-should-hold-remote-naturalization-ceremonies-during-the-covid-19-crisis/

50 minutes ago, JamesFL said:

Great, I saw you applied in April - At this rate you'll be lucky if you get an in-person interview by next year May - Especially in Los Angeles.

For anyone interested, I wanted to share an interesting article regarding remote naturalization ceremonies being pushed to USCIS.

https://www.niskanencenter.org/uscis-should-hold-remote-naturalization-ceremonies-during-the-covid-19-crisis/

Thank you JamesFL for sharing this article, but as the writer said uscis still considered the naturalization process non essential.

Timeline
1 hour ago, JamesFL said:

So? I'm certainly not in a hurry. 🤷

Timeline
3 minutes ago, JamesFL said:

So my point is that this thread is for DECEMBER FILERS 2019.

Of course you are not in a hurry because you have a 0% chance of being able to vote this year.

And I'm allowed to post in it.

I live in CA, so my vote for Trump wouldn't have helped anything anyway. So no, I'm not in a hurry. 😆

A question for those who have filed an online N-400 based on marriage to an American citizen:  The section on addresses it asks for 5 years of where the applicant has lived.  If I put in addresses beyond the 3 years of living in the United States it tells me I might not qualify because of having lived outside of the United States for two years.  Since the application is based on marriage and it calls for only 3 years of residency in the United States should I not put in any addresses beyond the 3 year period?   Thanks in advance for any clarifications....

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Sartre said:

A question for those who have filed an online N-400 based on marriage to an American citizen:  The section on addresses it asks for 5 years of where the applicant has lived.  If I put in addresses beyond the 3 years of living in the United States it tells me I might not qualify because of having lived outside of the United States for two years.  Since the application is based on marriage and it calls for only 3 years of residency in the United States should I not put in any addresses beyond the 3 year period?   Thanks in advance for any clarifications....

I put in for 5 years or the online form wouldn't let me go to the next step. Same with work/school history. For travels though, I only put travels since I moved to the US. Not going to sit there and count all days I spent outside the US before I even moved here. 😆

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.