Nature Boy 2.0

The impeachment goat and pony show

283 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Also possible that a Dem senator or two would vote not to impeach, or would abstain... Manchin in WV, e.g.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
On 12/8/2019 at 12:06 PM, 90DayFinancier said:

, Impeachment is the investigation and arraignment phase and there is no conviction. The President is evidently a no show and they will just move ahead. 

The Senate has the trial. 

You are right, the trial occurs in the Senate, but the House act like a grand jury.  I really hope criminal grand juries aren’t relying only on hearsay.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/12/10/joe-biden-pledges-to-not-comply-with-senate-subpoena-in-impeachment-trial/

“No, I’m not going to let you take the eye off the ball here. Everybody knows what this is about,” Biden said. “This is a Trump gambit he plays. Whenever he’s in trouble he tries to find someone else to divert attention to.”

When pressed, Biden stood resolute, claiming there was not “one scintilla of evidence” he did anything wrong.

“No, I will not yield to what everybody is looking for here,” the former vice president said. “And that is to take the eye off the ball.”

If he did nothing wrong why is he refusing to testify? Isn't the premise of impeachment about holding people accountable? Wait, no, it's about "Trump". :pop:

13 minutes ago, Burnt Reynolds said:

If he did nothing wrong why is he refusing to testify? Isn't the premise of impeachment about holding people accountable? Wait, no, it's about "Trump". :pop:

Couldn't the same thing be said about Trump though? He refused to testify before the House. Isn't an impeachment investigation part of the process to hold him accountable for his alleged misconduct?

Please note I used the word "alleged." It is not my place to convict, obviously.

3 minutes ago, laylalex said:

Couldn't the same thing be said about Trump though? He refused to testify before the House. Isn't an impeachment investigation part of the process to hold him accountable for his alleged misconduct?

Please note I used the word "alleged." It is not my place to convict, obviously.

We're repeatedly told by the people facilitating impeachment (in Congress, the media, bureaus, etc.) that this is about holding people accountable. It was also the premise of the special counsel's broad authority to go after anyone for anything whatsoever. Yet Biden is telling us that it's all about Trump, and that we should stay focused on him alone. :whistle: 

On 12/7/2019 at 10:06 PM, 90DayFinancier said:

, Impeachment is the investigation and arraignment phase and there is no conviction. The President is evidently a no show and they will just move ahead. 

The Senate has the trial. 

All I have to say is that the show Rising said it for me today.

Impeachment markup heats up as Dems invoke MLK, Nadler says 'we cannot rely on an election' to oust Trump

Cant Believe he finally admitted

it..

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/house-judiciary-committee-impeachment-markup-session

Had to look it up myself, and found the proof, despite Snopes and Sorosfact trying to lie to people and say its false. If you wonder why legacy media is going down the toilet, it's because random people on social media can do journalism (or even tabloid journalism) better.

It really describes much of the anti-Trump "resistance" across the spectrum. People who find themselves unable to handle changes, losing their grip on industries, connections, etc., and are pitching a huge fit, which explains why the fervent gaslight efforts the left (along with some moderates, independents, and on the right) are entirely oblivious to. 

Edited by Burnt Reynolds

Filed: O-2 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Burnt Reynolds said:

Had to look it up myself, and found the proof, despite Snopes and Sorosfact trying to lie to people and say its false. If you wonder why legacy media is going down the toilet, it's because random people on social media can do journalism (or even tabloid journalism) better.

So let's see your proof...

2 hours ago, 90DayFinancier said:

So let's see your proof...

Yeah, I don't know who education4libs is, and why we should trust him over fact check organizations (personally, I have more issues with Snopes than Politifact).

Also, I can't remember if I recommended this before, but a really excellent book on gaslighting is "The Gaslight Effect," which my therapist recommended to me when I started therapy again after my ex-husband left me. He is/was a narcissist, and I was severely gaslit by him for many years, and to some extent still tries to, occasionally succeeding. My first serious boyfriend was also a narcissist who gaslit me, and set up the template for me to replicate the dynamic again. Anyway, this is the book, and it's by the psychologist who coined the phrase in the first place. It really has helped me in breaking free and moving on in my life. https://www.amazon.com/Gaslight-Effect-Survive-Manipulation-Control/dp/0767924452

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
On 12/11/2019 at 5:30 AM, laylalex said:

We have three branches of government.  If the House wanted Trump or anyone else to testify they can issue a subpoena and then we can let the other government branch take up the question.  The entire article regarding Obstruction of Congress is just laughable.  The President has the power to set foreign policy, not Congress, not the bureaucracy, and since this impeachment seems to be all about how he conducted foreign policy, it will go no where.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

https://www.foxnews.com/media/karen-bass-impeach-trump-2020

TMZ founder Harvey Levin presented Bass with a scenario in which Trump wins a second term but Democrats take over the Senate from the Republicans.

"There's no such thing, really, as double jeopardy in an impeachment trial because it's political," Levin said. "Suppose he gets reelected... and you win back the Senate in a big way. If you did that, would you be inclined to take a second bite at the apple and reintroduce the exact same impeachment articles and then send it through again a second if you have a Democratic Senate on your side?"

"So, you know, yes, but I don't think it would be exactly the same and here's why," Bass responded, "because even though we are impeaching him now, there's still a number of court cases, there's a ton of information that could come forward. For example, we could get his bank records and find out that he's owned 100 percent by the Russians."

We could you know, find out the conspiracies we peddle without any evidence, might be true, or just make something up along the way to justify our pre-existing premise of impeachment! Win/win!

Glad the Democratic Party was transparent about their abusive behavior in 2016, and are even more transparent about it going into 2020. They're the type of people that shouldn't be in power whatsoever if this is how they use it. 

Edited by Burnt Reynolds

Filed: O-2 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
17 minutes ago, Burnt Reynolds said:

https://www.foxnews.com/media/karen-bass-impeach-trump-2020

We could you know, find out the conspiracies we peddle without any evidence, might be true, or just make something up along the way to justify our pre-existing premise of impeachment! Win/win!

Glad the Democratic Party was transparent about their abusive behavior in 2016, and are even more transparent about it going into 2020. They're the type of people that shouldn't be in power whatsoever if this is how they use it. 

On 12/13/2019 at 9:03 AM, Burnt Reynolds said:

Had to look it up myself, and found the proof, despite Snopes and Sorosfact trying to lie to people and say its false. If you wonder why legacy media is going down the toilet, it's because random people on social media can do journalism (or even tabloid journalism) better.

So let's see your proof... 2nd request.