802 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
6 hours ago, Matt&Erica said:

Does anybody know what the situation is with visiting America for 2-3 weeks during this process? My lawyer suggests against it but I'm not entirely sure why. Thanks

I just got back from visit my husband with no issue , they just to a lot of questioning 😊

3 minutes ago, Anna May said:

I just got back from visit my husband with no issue , they just to a lot of questioning 😊

Thank you! And could I just enter using my ESTA that is still valid or do you require a different type of visa?

Timeline
Just now, Matt&Erica said:

Thank you! And could I just enter using my ESTA that is still valid or do you require a different type of visa?

Yes you can still enter on your ESTA , I brought my marriage license and A letter from my college they questioned me twice and made some calls and went through my bags and that was it ! 

1 minute ago, Anna May said:

Yes you can still enter on your ESTA , I brought my marriage license and A letter from my college they questioned me twice and made some calls and went through my bags and that was it ! 

Awesome thank you. My ESTA was originally filed before I was married, do you see this being an issue and I would need a fresh ESTA? It seems I was misinformed about this whole process. 

Timeline
23 minutes ago, Matt&Erica said:

Awesome thank you. My ESTA was originally filed before I was married, do you see this being an issue and I would need a fresh ESTA? It seems I was misinformed about this whole process. 

Mine was also filed before I was married and I used the same one , no issue at all !

I just logged in to my USCIS this morning out of curiosity to see if anything had changed in my account and I noticed an updated date of Feb 23, 2020 on my profile there. I realize that this doesn’t mean much in terms of an approval anytime soon, but the fact that there was SOME change in date means something or somebody touched my file and that means progress to me 🥰 ... we gotta celebrate the small victories, can’t wait to see more progress in the coming months. I’m so glad I’m too busy with life to obsess over this process right now but glad I have few moments here and there to check in. I’m also thinking of you all with your cases pending and looking forward to our future celebrations! 🎉 

5CC3D649-FE1E-45B8-9B18-4B75CEA51937.jpeg

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Paco415 said:

I just logged in to my USCIS this morning out of curiosity to see if anything had changed in my account and I noticed an updated date of Feb 23, 2020 on my profile there. I realize that this doesn’t mean much in terms of an approval anytime soon, but the fact that there was SOME change in date means something or somebody touched my file and that means progress to me 🥰 ... we gotta celebrate the small victories, can’t wait to see more progress in the coming months. I’m so glad I’m too busy with life to obsess over this process right now but glad I have few moments here and there to check in. I’m also thinking of you all with your cases pending and looking forward to our future celebrations! 🎉 

Whohoo! Yes, many people reported the date update on February 23rd. Nobody knows what happened, but surely something :)

I have no change since the RFE was sent on January 30th. But my response package arrived at the PO Box in CA on Friday. I’m praying for some good news soon 🙏🏽

By the way - has anyone heard of any other November filers that already received RFE?

Edited by Quarknase

5 hours ago, Quarknase said:

Whohoo! Yes, many people reported the date update on February 23rd. Nobody knows what happened, but surely something :)

I have no change since the RFE was sent on January 30th. But my response package arrived at the PO Box in CA on Friday. I’m praying for some good news soon 🙏🏽

By the way - has anyone heard of any other November filers that already received RFE?

Oooooh, I had not heard about your RFE! Was it something simple to resolve?? Knock wood, I haven't received anything like that.

I am picturing this HUGE box of petitions from that Nov 2019 time period being moved from one place to the other at the TSC and the big barcode being scanned on Feb 23, thereby changing the date on everyone's profile! I am only speculating lol 😝

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Paco415 said:

Oooooh, I had not heard about your RFE! Was it something simple to resolve?? Knock wood, I haven't received anything like that.

I am picturing this HUGE box of petitions from that Nov 2019 time period being moved from one place to the other at the TSC and the big barcode being scanned on Feb 23, thereby changing the date on everyone's profile! I am only speculating lol 😝

It was long. 5 pages. Saddening at first. But once I stopped feeling overwhelmed and got to the bottom of it it was ok.

They asked for a the signature page of the I-130 with wet signature (weird, I filed online with digital signature), and for proof of bonafide marriage for my previous marriage (since I'm a green card holder) and proof of bonafide marriage between my hubby and me. It was a lot of documents to collect but it's all with USCIS now.

The RFE stated to expect a response within 60 days after they received the evidence so I'm hopeful that we'll hear back soon, with good news please... 🙏

Timeline
8 hours ago, Paco415 said:

Mine updated to the 25th hoping for good news soon 😃

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
7 hours ago, Paco415 said:

You’re my type of energy! 

14 hours ago, Quarknase said:

Nobody knows what happened, but surely something

It looks like they removed the "e-filing processing center" or some wording like that.  Before it said something like "integrated operating environment".

Seems to be the only change...

Timeline

Hi everyone. I posted this in the September and October filers thread and wanted to post it here as well. I have been seeing some cases on FB which were transferred from TSC to other service centers after the date change without any notification. These filers had called to ask about their case and that’s when they were told their cases were transferred. No other notification or update was received online or by mail. Has this happened to anyone else? I’m starting to think that maybe those of us who had the Feb 23/Feb 24 date change had our cases transferred to another SC. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.