majamorena

November 2019 - AOS Filers

1,203 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, MB and MG said:

Do u mean my husband cant add me on his insurance and k1 and have to wait for the ead before he can do so?

We will open a bank account, thats not even possible until i get my employment id?

the insurance your husband can add you too as long as you have the marriage cert. then too follow if you have SSN because they will request for it. i successfully have my husband insurance even with out the SSN and when i got my SSN i just submitted it on the insurance.

On 12/27/2019 at 4:04 PM, KenandBina said:

Had my Biometrics appointment today (Orlando). We were almost an hr early but it was first come first serve so it didn’t matter.

When you get there they hand you a short form to fill out. Then you wait in line to hand it to reception. They check your form your letter and your ID and then you wait for your number to be called. They take your picture and finger prints and then that is that. 

it took about 20 min from entering the office to leaving. 

Now just time to wait for an Interview ;)) 

Oh and my case has already been updated to fingerprints received and applied to case 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I know this is probably asked quite often, but for those of you who received the biometrics letter, how long did it take to get it? We got our NOA letter on December 5th but haven't received anything else in the mail (trying to calm my nerves lol.)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Sweden
Timeline
45 minutes ago, nacas said:

I know this is probably asked quite often, but for those of you who received the biometrics letter, how long did it take to get it? We got our NOA letter on December 5th but haven't received anything else in the mail (trying to calm my nerves lol.)

We received our NOA's on December 9th and biometrics on December 12th. That being said, our local office is Montgomery, AL and I see that yours is NYC. I have no numbers to back me up here, but I'm gussing NYC has some of the highest numbers of cases in the country based on NYC population. I know the wait SUCKS, but imagine the feeling when the letter comes in! Hang in there!

5 hours ago, nacas said:

I got my NOA on December 9th and the biometrics letter on the 13th. Have you tried calling the USCIS Contact Center?

Timeline
17 hours ago, sandraannie said:

We received our NOA's on December 9th and biometrics on December 12th. That being said, our local office is Montgomery, AL and I see that yours is NYC. I have no numbers to back me up here, but I'm gussing NYC has some of the highest numbers of cases in the country based on NYC population. I know the wait SUCKS, but imagine the feeling when the letter comes in! Hang in there!

Aaah you got yours so fast! Grats! Yes we are quite anxious to receive it but hopefully everything is okay and not lost in the mail. 

Timeline

I haven't thought to call them but maybe I should..I'm just worried there's a chance the letter could have gotten lost or something. Thanks for your reply!

Timeline
12 hours ago, Daji said:

I got my NOA on December 9th and the biometrics letter on the 13th. Have you tried calling the USCIS Contact Center?

Oops sorry I replied to you in my previous post, still getting used to commenting here haha.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 1/2/2020 at 12:35 PM, nacas said:

It took about 3-4 weeks for me. 

2 minutes ago, C32 said:

It took about 3-4 weeks for me. 

Got my Noa dec 2nd... biometrics following week and my appointment was dec 27

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

Anyone applied for a work authorization card with their AOS?

NEW Case Status website: https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/

OLD  Case Status website: https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

USCIS - 800-375-5283.  NVC - (603)-334-0700

Contact the National Customer Service Center (NCSC) at 1-800-375-5283.

What to do after NOA2 Approval? How to contact NVC? Click here for info - https://goo.gl/KggThF

USPS INFORMED DELIVERY - https://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/start.action

9 hours ago, IssaCaptureFL said:

Anyone applied for a work authorization card with their AOS?

Yes pretty much everyone does... why?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.