majamorena

November 2019 - AOS Filers

1,203 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Albania
Timeline
12 hours ago, DonnieOlena said:

Had biometrics appt today at 9am. Got there closed due to executive order for Christmas Eve.

Should of known only day off and thought it was great to get it done. Voice at intercom said come back 26th but lady at USCIS help number said new appt would be sent out. Don't know may get her a ride on the 26th and try to get done then.

Go on the 26th.    Years ago we used to all go early and before the date and it was not an issue.  The date is there to control flow of appointments and if not busy, they will take you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi, question. Has anyone filed their AOS with an expired I-94? Would like to ask about I-485 question "Have you EVER violated the terms or conditions of your non-immigrant status" Part 8 item number 17. If filling AOS with expired I-94 makes the answer to be a YES to that question. My concern is that my I94 will be expiring Jan14 2020 and I have not completed my documents yet. I'm afraid I wont be able to file before Jan14. What should I do?

1 hour ago, Tine Lao said:

Hi, question. Has anyone filed their AOS with an expired I-94? Would like to ask about I-485 question "Have you EVER violated the terms or conditions of your non-immigrant status" Part 8 item number 17. If filling AOS with expired I-94 makes the answer to be a YES to that question. My concern is that my I94 will be expiring Jan14 2020 and I have not completed my documents yet. I'm afraid I wont be able to file before Jan14. What should I do?

Get your documents in order ASAP and file by the end of the week would be my advice. Send it over night delivery. Oh and if you do get them sent ASAP then answer no to that question. 

14 minutes ago, KenandBina said:

My concern is that my I94 will be expiring Jan14 2020 and I have not completed my documents yet. I'm afraid I wont be able to file before Jan14. What should I do?

At what point would someone be "covered" as in they are in the AOS process in this situation? The date they mail / file their packet? The date the package is signed for and received by USCIS? Or the date USCIS send out receipt confirmation? 

12 minutes ago, skjourney said:

At what point would someone be "covered" as in they are in the AOS process in this situation? The date they mail / file their packet? The date the package is signed for and received by USCIS? Or the date USCIS send out receipt confirmation? 

If I remember correctly what I’ve read it would be date received. But I could be wrong

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uzbekistan
Timeline
3 hours ago, Tine Lao said:

hi! I filed mine with an expired I-94. I answered NO to that question and my case was received and  I had my biometrics recently. But I would recommend filing I-485 ASAP to avoid any problems. I got USCIS visit a week later I sent my case, so I was lucky to have a UPS receipt proving I filed my case

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
On 12/24/2019 at 11:21 AM, Indira/Charlys said:

Hello... anyone here from West Palm Beach FL?

Hi, I just did my biometrics in West Palm Beach.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Candide08 said:

Hi, I just did my biometrics in West Palm Beach.

Congratulations... have you seen how many times WPB has changed processing time over the past 2 months? 

I-129 F SENT 11/27/2018

NOA 1 12/03/2018

RFE      04/10/2019

RFE REPLY 04/25/2019

NOA 2 05/09/2019

NVC RECEIVED 06/05/2019

CASE # ASSIGNED NVC  06/10/2019

NVC LEFT 06/25/2019

EMBASSY RECEIVED 07/02/2019

K1 INTERVIEW APPROVAL  07/18/2019

USA ENTRY🛬 07/30/2019

MARRIED 🤵💖👰09/13/2019

AOS SENT 10/08/2019

AOS RECEIVED 10/09/2019

AOS NOA 1 10/25/2019

BIOMETRICS 11/20/2019

READY TO INTERVIEW: 12/23/2020

Interview scheduled update 02/20/2020
Interview Scheduled for 04/08/2020
03/31/2020 interview has been cancelled due to COVID19
04/01/20202 case ready to be scheduled for an interview
08/24/2020 Interview has been scheduled
Interview 9/14/2020
I 485 approved 9/14/2020
GC mailed 9/17/2020
GC received 9/21/2020

ROC mailed 09/01/2022

ROC received 09/02/2022

NOA RECEIVED 09/16/2022

2 minutes ago, Indira/Charlys said:

Congratulations... have you seen how many times WPB has changed processing time over the past 2 months? 

Do you know the link to see the processing times for each field office?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Indira/Charlys said:

Thank you! I didn't I am sorry. I just checked now and it said 9 to 25 months..quite a broad window! 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

it keeps getting longer🤔

I-129 F SENT 11/27/2018

NOA 1 12/03/2018

RFE      04/10/2019

RFE REPLY 04/25/2019

NOA 2 05/09/2019

NVC RECEIVED 06/05/2019

CASE # ASSIGNED NVC  06/10/2019

NVC LEFT 06/25/2019

EMBASSY RECEIVED 07/02/2019

K1 INTERVIEW APPROVAL  07/18/2019

USA ENTRY🛬 07/30/2019

MARRIED 🤵💖👰09/13/2019

AOS SENT 10/08/2019

AOS RECEIVED 10/09/2019

AOS NOA 1 10/25/2019

BIOMETRICS 11/20/2019

READY TO INTERVIEW: 12/23/2020

Interview scheduled update 02/20/2020
Interview Scheduled for 04/08/2020
03/31/2020 interview has been cancelled due to COVID19
04/01/20202 case ready to be scheduled for an interview
08/24/2020 Interview has been scheduled
Interview 9/14/2020
I 485 approved 9/14/2020
GC mailed 9/17/2020
GC received 9/21/2020

ROC mailed 09/01/2022

ROC received 09/02/2022

NOA RECEIVED 09/16/2022

Timeline
12 hours ago, KenandBina said:
12 hours ago, skjourney said:

If I remember correctly what I’ve read it would be date received. But I could be wrong

I sure as heck hope so as they RECEIVED ours Dec.2 but still no NO1 nor has the check been cashed!  Stupidly in our haste did not sign up for emails texts and altho we filed within proper time frames now the k1 is expired! 😬

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
15 hours ago, skjourney said:

14 hours ago, KenandBina said:

That would be the logical answer. If stopped by a CBP officer or ICE agent and asked to produce your immigration documents, things would likely go smoother and quicker if you had all of your proper documents with you. Without those documents, you may be detained until your immigration status can be verified. By proper documents I mean: unexpired I-94 or Form I-797C NOA1 AOS receipt, valid passport, and marriage certificate (if the last name has been recently changed). 

Good luck on your immigration journey and Happy Holidays !!🎁

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

2 minutes ago, Pitaya said:

That would be the logical answer. If stopped by a CBP officer or ICE agent and asked to produce your immigration documents, things would likely go smoother and quicker if you had all of your proper documents with you. Without those documents, you may be detained until your immigration status can be verified. By proper documents I mean: unexpired I-94 or Form I-797C NOA1 AOS receipt, valid passport, and marriage certificate (if the last name has been recently changed). 

Good luck on your immigration journey and Happy Holidays !!🎁

thanks based on that id assume at worst it would be the date they send out the  NOAAOS receipt .. at least theyd have it on file somewhere even if you havent recieved it yourself, but ideally you have the copy of it.

Edited by skjourney

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
18 minutes ago, skjourney said:

thanks based on that id assume at worst it would be the date they send out the  NOAAOS receipt .. at least theyd have it on file somewhere even if you havent recieved it yourself, but ideally you have the copy of it.

Personally, I really wouldn't care when they mailed it out (and likely of little consequence to the federal officer asking to see the document) if I was being actively detained by CBP or ICE awaiting verification, I would prefer to have those documents on my person, so that I could present them and be on my merry way... particularly at this holiday season. 🎄 It is akin to being stopped by the police, and not having any ID on your person, those situations tend to happen at the least convenient time, can result in needless delay awaiting verification,  and are usually avoidable.;)  YMMV

Edited by Pitaya

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.