Testy

Still didn't get paid!

14 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I worked for the school system and we worked 2 weeks and were paid 2 weeks later  for the 1st paycheck

It happened beginning of the school year and  everytime we had a break like Christmas 

so, every time we were on a vacation the paycheck was a 4 week wait

you need to check with employer or HR to see your pay period

most are 2 weeks

some are twice a month

many employers are now going to once a month

2 hours ago, JeanneAdil said:

I worked for the school system and we worked 2 weeks and were paid 2 weeks later  for the 1st paycheck

It happened beginning of the school year and  everytime we had a break like Christmas 

so, every time we were on a vacation the paycheck was a 4 week wait

you need to check with employer or HR to see your pay period

most are 2 weeks

some are twice a month

many employers are now going to once a month

Thanks, will ask,  I worked there  and was told will get paid every  2 weeks , I already worked a month and now in my second one, I will quit I  just need to be paid on time. I'm not staying in this job, they can hire someone different. 

I feel it is immigration related, in the sense that employees are paid in much different ways in different countries.  New comers should learn their rights and responsibilities, and the proper way to solve similar situations in the US.

OP: ask your HR department on the pay schedule and if you are paid current or past hours worked.  If you feel you are missing a pay, then explain you have not received the (mid-October) pay.  

If your employer is refusing to pay you (I do not feel it is the case here, but if ever that happens), then you can contact your state department of labor.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, Testy said:

In this forum you can ask related questions to Us immigration and your life in US, and I'm working in US, 

I never said you couldn't ask,  what I told you was where your answer is 

YMMV

Talk to HR.

For example my employees are paid twice a month.  Their paycheck on the 15th of November will be for the 16th to the 31st of October and their paycheck for the 30th of November will be for the 1st-15th of November.  We're always 2 weeks behind.  Do you know that you're supposed to be paid twice a month, weekly, bi weekly or monthly?  I've worked jobs where I was paid monthly as well. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Thread returned to Moving Here and Your New Life, from Off Topic. Two non conductive posts remove.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Uruguay
Timeline

If it's not too much of a hassle, you can always fix up your resume first.
Then find another job. Once it's confirmed you got that job, you can either:

Put in a 2 weeks notice or just quit on the spot.

But honestly resume is a lot of info. and you'll want to carry that.

K-1 Visa process (I'm the USC [F]) [2018-2019]

Spoiler

Sent packet: August 10, 2018 (Lines Compressed to fit signature restriction guideline)

USCIS Received package: August 14 - Notification in text/email: August 17 - Mail received from USCIS: January 22, 2019
USCIS Approved I-129F Petition: January 17 - NVC Received Case: February 14 - NVC Case # Assigned: February 14

US Embassy Received: Not sure but got email reply - March 11 - Instructions Received via e-mail: March 19

Interview: May 7 - Approved! - Arriving to US/POE: June 12 - Married July 15, 2019

AOS Process [2019-2020]

Spoiler

Sent packet: July 27, 2019 - USCIS Received Package: July 29 - [Hiccup] Package was sent back due to incorrect fee and sent on August 5.
Notification in text/email: August 12 @ 12:30AM - Check cashed: August 12 - NOA 1 Mail: August 16 - Biometric: September 5 @ Atlanta, GA

AOS RFIE: Sept. 28 - got in mail by Oct 3. [They lost my Husband's Birth Certificate] - Sent back AOS RFIE: Oct 16 2019, at office by Oct 17.
AOS Case update notice on April 9th, 2020, waiting for mail. - Interview date: Scheduled as of July 15, date is August 19. Passed the interview!

My Husband got his GC! 2 Year Conditional Green Card expires 08/19/2022, Residence since 08/19/2020

ROC Process [2022-2024]

Spoiler

Sent packet: June 16, 2022 via USPS, USCIS Received Package: June 21
Notice in text (didn't get email nor text on other phone): June 24
Notice date: June 23, package is at SRC (Texas Service Center), Paid with Credit Card, payment taken on June 25
NOA 1 Mail: June 30, Biometric: Reused
Got letter in mail for extension: April 12th, Received date June 21, 2022, Notice date: April 5, 2023 = 48 Months Extension. No physical card yet.
Approved without interview as of Feb 15th, 2024. Was not a combo interview with N-400.

Naturalization N-400 [2023-...]

Spoiler

Filed Online: July 28, 2023NOA: July 29, 2023
Service Center: NBC, application # starts with IOE#.
Biometrics waived. Got NOA mail Jan 5, 2024 says Interview in Nashville, TN on Feb 6, 2024.
Queue for review and approval. Already in line for Oath Ceremony as of Feb 13th, 2024.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

At my first job in the US you had to request to get direct deposit, and that request took more than two weeks to go into effect. The first two pay checks I had to pick up in person (got paid every two weeks), as the direct deposit hadn't gone through yet.

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
13 hours ago, Testy said:

Thanks, will ask,  I worked there  and was told will get paid every  2 weeks , I already worked a month and now in my second one, I will quit I  just need to be paid on time. I'm not staying in this job, they can hire someone different. 

Good Morning OP,

I would not suggest that you quit your job on the spot. There are three ways that you can handle the situation:

#1 from WaterLeaf below:

5 hours ago, WaterLeaf said:

If it's not too much of a hassle, you can always fix up your resume first.
Then find another job. Once it's confirmed you got that job, you can either:

Put in a 2 weeks notice or just quit on the spot.

But honestly resume is a lot of info. and you'll want to carry that.

Just quitting a job will make it hard for you to get another and employers usually inquire as to why you left your last job. If you were to say that you did not get paid and you quit that would show your future employer that you are not willing to contact others to resolve the issue, you will just quit. Hence, to future employers you will be a flight risk. I would take @WaterLeaf suggestion and update your resume and give two weeks notice if all other options have been exhausted.

3 hours ago, Scandi said:

At my first job in the US you had to request to get direct, and that request took more than two weeks to go into effect. The first two pay checks I had to pick up in person (got paid every two weeks), as the direct deposit hadn't gone through yet.

#2. I would also take @Scandi information into consideration. For some employers it takes time for them to initiate direct deposit and will cut you a hard copy check. Inquire about this on Monday.

#3. I would also take @Lemonslice admonition into consideration. If after talking to HR you feel they are refusing to pay you (I do not think this is the case either as employers would have to pay lawyers, fines, etc if they did not pay employees) go to the state labor department. 

My suggestion in order:

1) Discuss your pay situation with your employer and get to the bottom of why you are not being paid. 

2) If you feel that you still want to quit, give a resignation and two weeks notice

3) If your employer is refusing to pay you go to your state labor department and file a complaint. 

N400 - Naturalization                                                                                                        U.S. Passport

Aug 05, 2018 (Day 1): Applied for Naturalization online                                                  Oct 01, 2019 (Day 1): Sent US Passport Application

Aug 06, 2018 (Day 2): Check Cashed, NOA1 received online                                         Oct 08, 2019 (Day 8 ) : Passport trackable 

Aug 11, 2018 (Day 6): Recvd notification that Biometrics appointment scheduled       Oct 17, 2019 (Day 17) : Received Passport

Aug 13, 2018 (Day 8): Received biometrics appt letter online                                        Oct 21, 2019 (Day 21) : Received Naturalization Cert. back

Aug 28, 2018 (Day 23): Biometrics Appt

May 06, 2019 (Day 274): In Line For Interview

Jun 11, 2019 (Day 311): Interview Date

July 01, 2019 (Day 327) : Oath Ceremony I AM NOW A US CITIZEN!!!!

FROM K-1 PETITION SENT TO OATH CEREMONY WAS ABOUT 7 YEARS 4 MONTHS

After 8 years of marriage divorced October 4, 2021

TO SEE MY FULL TIMELINE GO HERE: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/user/125109-cdnon-usavt/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.