yoocki

I-130 for step son minor child and divorce

17 posts in this topic

Hello,

My husband filed i-130 for my son last year September and I expect to receive RFE soon.

(My husband threw away RFE notice on purpose)

As I brief my situation, my husband traveled to Philippines last year and cheated on me and he punched my face so I called the police. 

He got arrested and got 3rd felony but I hired the top lawyer and it dropped down to misdemeanor.

We tried to work out the marriage so we decided to bring my son here and he filed i-130. 

But unluckily, the marriage didn't work out and may going to divorce. He became so ugly and now I'm going to move out. 

Here is the question. 

So what's going to happen to my son's processing?

We've been waiting for a year and I regret I should have filed i-130. 

Does anyone have the similar situation as me?

Thanks for reading this and I may need to meet immigration attorney. 

He’ll probably withdraw I-130 petition. You should file a new petition for your child. It will take two years. 

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

16 minutes ago, milimelo said:

He’ll probably withdraw I-130 petition. You should file a new petition for your child. It will take two years. 

Thanks no problem. I have all evidence and I can request VAWA program? Maybe?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Sorry, your marriage didn’t work. Do you have a green card already?

If not you should file for VAWA as soon as possible. 

And your husband doesn’t have to know about it.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
34 minutes ago, yoocki said:

Thanks no problem. I have all evidence and I can request VAWA program? Maybe?

What for?

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

3 minutes ago, portorusa said:

Sorry, your marriage didn’t work. Do you have a green card already?

If not you should file for VAWA as soon as possible. 

And your husband doesn’t have to know about it.

Thanks I will make an appointment with attorney 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
38 minutes ago, yoocki said:

What does this mean what for? I'm little offended 

What is the reason for your VAWA? Do you have substantial evidence?

There are cases where people use/ try and force VAWA on their petition. Answering the above would help members advise you if it's even plausible to go that route. 

No offense was intended. 

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
23 minutes ago, Timona said:

There are cases where people use/ try and force VAWA on their petition. Answering the above would help members advise you if it's even plausible to go that route. 

No offense was intended. 

OP stated her husband punched her in the face and was arrested. Seems like she would have strong enough evidence/documentation with a police report

1 hour ago, Timona said:

No offense was intended. 

Okay, I see what you mean and yes I have a strong evidence and his arrest records. 

I have whiteness, written records and even counselor's record

5 hours ago, yoocki said:

I expect to receive RFE soon.

(My husband threw away RFE notice on purpose

How do you expect a RFE notice when he already threw it away? The next letter you'll get is most likely a denial if the RFE wasn't responded to. 

I would file a new I-130 for your son. 

Edited by little immigrant

Do you have a green card already?

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

My 10 years green card is pending 

1 hour ago, little immigrant said:

How do you expect a RFE notice when he already threw it away? The next letter you'll get is most likely a denial if the RFE wasn't responded to. 

I would file a new I-130 for your son. 

Okay thank you.  I will do that 

1 minute ago, yoocki said:

My 10 years green card is pending 

Okay thank you.  I will do that 

So you have a 2 year green card? If so, forget VAWA and just file the I-130.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.