CaliNY

OCTOBER 2019 AOS Filers

2,108 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
9 hours ago, Martha R said:

I do not think you know the meaning of the word "way toooo long". For example, you should look at the field office in Seattle, where an interview for adjustment of status is taking more than a year, close to a year and a half. 

i don`t think your read my comment very well... it could take up to 23 months...... that`s almost 2 years... so it is actually loooooonger than your state.....

I-129 F SENT 11/27/2018

NOA 1 12/03/2018

RFE      04/10/2019

RFE REPLY 04/25/2019

NOA 2 05/09/2019

NVC RECEIVED 06/05/2019

CASE # ASSIGNED NVC  06/10/2019

NVC LEFT 06/25/2019

EMBASSY RECEIVED 07/02/2019

K1 INTERVIEW APPROVAL  07/18/2019

USA ENTRY🛬 07/30/2019

MARRIED 🤵💖👰09/13/2019

AOS SENT 10/08/2019

AOS RECEIVED 10/09/2019

AOS NOA 1 10/25/2019

BIOMETRICS 11/20/2019

READY TO INTERVIEW: 12/23/2020

Interview scheduled update 02/20/2020
Interview Scheduled for 04/08/2020
03/31/2020 interview has been cancelled due to COVID19
04/01/20202 case ready to be scheduled for an interview
08/24/2020 Interview has been scheduled
Interview 9/14/2020
I 485 approved 9/14/2020
GC mailed 9/17/2020
GC received 9/21/2020

ROC mailed 09/01/2022

ROC received 09/02/2022

NOA RECEIVED 09/16/2022

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
14 hours ago, NicoleM said:

Not AOS related exactly, but I'm happy to report that I successfully got a driver's license today! :D

It's valid for a year, in my maiden name.

The DMV accepted my legal presence with the I-485 NOA1, marriage certificate (to support the name change on the NOA1), and my passport with my K1 visa plus an EXPIRED I-94!

I also showed them our lease agreement with both our names and the most recent rent bill (with my name and address on it)

Also, they gave me my Canadian license back (weird?) so next I will call the DMV in Quebec to cancel it (once actual card for VA license arrives). I do have the paper driving permit in the meantime.

I'm still shook that I was able to get my license! SUCH A RELIEF

Moral of this long post, if you haven't tried to get a license yet - try it! You never know :)

Any particular reason why you want to cancel your Canadian driver's license?  They probably gave it back to you since it is from outside the U.S.  They would likely have kept it if it was from another state in the U.S.  I am not really sure it is necessary for you to cancel the Canadian DL.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
36 minutes ago, TastyCake said:

Any particular reason why you want to cancel your Canadian driver's license?  They probably gave it back to you since it is from outside the U.S.  They would likely have kept it if it was from another state in the U.S.  I am not really sure it is necessary for you to cancel the Canadian DL.

I don't want to pay the ~$90 fee to renew it with the Quebec DMV (which is due next week)

My K1 Visa Timeline:                                                                 My AOS Timeline:

NOA1 - June 15, 2018                                                                NOA - Nov. 8, 2019

My K1 visa interview - April 3, 2019 = APPROVED!! :D       EAD & AP approved - Feb. 6, 2020

Visa on hand - April 8, 2019                                                      EAD/AP combo card & SSN card in married name received - Feb. 13, 2020

US entry - July 31, 2019                                                             Green card interview scheduled - August 11, 2020

Our wedding day - Oct. 14, 2019 ❤️                                        Green card interview - September 10, 2020 = APPROVED! :D

Green card received - September 16, 2020

My ROC Timeline

NOA - July 14, 2022

Fingerprints Were Taken NOA - August 2, 2022

4 hours ago, NicoleM said:

I don't want to pay the ~$90 fee to renew it with the Quebec DMV (which is due next week)

Ekkkk, that's good enough reason for me too LOL!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

On 11/20/2019 at 3:27 PM, myworld22 said:

NBC - Oklahoma City Field Office

PD October 2, 2019 

Status changed to ready to sched an interview. 35 days after biometric! 

Hi, did u apply for a work authorization? If yes, how long after the biometrics did u receive the work authorization card?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 11/21/2019 at 12:34 PM, Hemutian said:

Just checked, and yes, it's updated. It says "Fingerprint Review Was Completed"

Does yours not say that yet? When did you get biometrics? I wouldn't worry if I was you...

There's also an app you can download. You can go to the app store and search USCIS. The first one that pops up is, "Case Tracker for USCIS". You can add your case number and get notifications when something updates. I have an iPhone but I'm sure Android has it as well. 

Just FYI :)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
17 hours ago, Sarge2155 said:

My field office 12 to 22.5 months that's  Dallas, Texas!!!!

Oh we're neighbors! I'm in Houston and the wait time is 13 - 27.5 months. Just hoping for some miraculous intervention to only take 6 months hahaha. I know...wishful thinking.

2 minutes ago, Christina1234 said:

Oh we're neighbors! I'm in Houston and the wait time is 13 - 27.5 months. Just hoping for some miraculous intervention to only take 6 months hahaha. I know...wishful thinking.

Yeah hope for the best, prepare for the worst!

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

7 minutes ago, MMara said:

Received my biometrics appointment by mail today for December 4th.

That's great!

Citizenship Complete!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, MMara said:

Received my biometrics appointment by mail today for December 4th.

I just came online to say the same thing!! Biometrics letter received today with a Dec. 4th appointment!! :D Woohoo!

My K1 Visa Timeline:                                                                 My AOS Timeline:

NOA1 - June 15, 2018                                                                NOA - Nov. 8, 2019

My K1 visa interview - April 3, 2019 = APPROVED!! :D       EAD & AP approved - Feb. 6, 2020

Visa on hand - April 8, 2019                                                      EAD/AP combo card & SSN card in married name received - Feb. 13, 2020

US entry - July 31, 2019                                                             Green card interview scheduled - August 11, 2020

Our wedding day - Oct. 14, 2019 ❤️                                        Green card interview - September 10, 2020 = APPROVED! :D

Green card received - September 16, 2020

My ROC Timeline

NOA - July 14, 2022

Fingerprints Were Taken NOA - August 2, 2022

13 minutes ago, NicoleM said:

I just came online to say the same thing!! Biometrics letter received today with a Dec. 4th appointment!! :D Woohoo!

5 minutes ago, cywrainide said:

I also received my Biometrics appt for Dec 4th. I'm quite shocked, I expected all of this to take longer lol 

Good deal you are on your way!

Citizenship Complete!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.