CaliNY

OCTOBER 2019 AOS Filers

2,108 posts in this topic

29 minutes ago, OliverDee said:

I had my biometrics appointment on November 8th. I wanted to know what website do you use to check your biometrics status? When I log into my USCIS account it doesn’t state anything further than my initial noa2 date. And the NVC status tracker is the only other website I’m aware of but that too doesn’t tell me of my biometrics. Kindly help! :)

The USCIS website there is no other. It does not always  update it depends on the person  working your case at the time.

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
4 hours ago, Sarge2155 said:

The USCIS website there is no other. It does not always  update it depends on the person  working your case at the time.

Agreed - even after the status changes to fingerprinting received, be ready to do a bunch of waiting. There is really nothing much after there for a few months unless there is a RFE

Timeline
3 hours ago, OliverDee said:

Thank you :) 

If you update your timeline, it can help you estimate approval times for your application. 

Edited by Martha R

Hi all,

Very new to all of this and my lack of understanding seems to be huge so please excuse any ignorance on my part.

My visa attorneys explained to my that they filed my employment based AOS, I-785 and I-131 on the 28th Oct 2019 by Fedex. The have confirmed they via tracking the parcel was delivered and signed for. However still as of today I have nothing in the mail and my visa attorneys have received nothing.

They do not seem concerned. I see others here filed after my date and have NOA's in the mail. Should I be concerned something has gone missing?

Looks like the attorneys did not sign me up to the email and text message service.

Thanks

Timeline
1 minute ago, jmn1012 said:

Hi all,

Very new to all of this and my lack of understanding seems to be huge so please excuse any ignorance on my part.

My visa attorneys explained to my that they filed my employment based AOS, I-785 and I-131 on the 28th Oct 2019 by Fedex. The have confirmed they via tracking the parcel was delivered and signed for. However still as of today I have nothing in the mail and my visa attorneys have received nothing.

They do not seem concerned. I see others here filed after my date and have NOA's in the mail. Should I be concerned something has gone missing?

Looks like the attorneys did not sign me up to the email and text message service.

Thanks

USCIS has a month to accept your application and provide you with a receipt. Give it a month, mine took 3 weeks and I have seem some others take a little over a month. 

Thanks for the reply. Guess I was trying to place a little logic on how some people have receipts out of sequence.

My visa attorneys are full time visa attorneys so you would  hope everything should go smoothly 😳

The case is a very standard EB-1 type of AOS, so I have been told.

Fingers crossed the mail fairy will drop good news over the next 10 days.

Timeline
1 minute ago, jmn1012 said:

Thanks for the reply. Guess I was trying to place a little logic on how some people have receipts out of sequence.

My visa attorneys are full time visa attorneys so you would  hope everything should go smoothly 😳

The problem is that USCIS is not a logic organization. It is not up to attorneys to review and process the application. So to be fair, you just have to wait and be patience. Attorneys do not have a saying on how USCIS process applications. 

9 minutes ago, jmn1012 said:

Well let's hope your attorneys give you what you paid  for.

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

25 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

Well let's hope your attorneys give you what you paid  for.

I guess my only plus here is that my employer is covering all the costs.

Just a pain waiting to get certain documents to get settled and contracts moved over. The unexpected regression last year has kinda put an unexpected delay in all this for me.

41 minutes ago, Yeap said:

How long does it take  to get biometrics appointment after the recipt was recieved?

They try to do it within 30 days or less.

Citizenship Complete!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

hello, so tax season is practically around the corner... so when I file my taxes do I include my husband who is doing the AOS ? will he be a dependent, since he can not work and I am supporting him? i ask this because probably next year we get the green card interview they will request Tax return for 2019... well just read that spouse can not be claimed as dependent... we will have to file Married-joint

Edited by Indira/Charlys

I-129 F SENT 11/27/2018

NOA 1 12/03/2018

RFE      04/10/2019

RFE REPLY 04/25/2019

NOA 2 05/09/2019

NVC RECEIVED 06/05/2019

CASE # ASSIGNED NVC  06/10/2019

NVC LEFT 06/25/2019

EMBASSY RECEIVED 07/02/2019

K1 INTERVIEW APPROVAL  07/18/2019

USA ENTRY🛬 07/30/2019

MARRIED 🤵💖👰09/13/2019

AOS SENT 10/08/2019

AOS RECEIVED 10/09/2019

AOS NOA 1 10/25/2019

BIOMETRICS 11/20/2019

READY TO INTERVIEW: 12/23/2020

Interview scheduled update 02/20/2020
Interview Scheduled for 04/08/2020
03/31/2020 interview has been cancelled due to COVID19
04/01/20202 case ready to be scheduled for an interview
08/24/2020 Interview has been scheduled
Interview 9/14/2020
I 485 approved 9/14/2020
GC mailed 9/17/2020
GC received 9/21/2020

ROC mailed 09/01/2022

ROC received 09/02/2022

NOA RECEIVED 09/16/2022

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Indira/Charlys said:

hello, so tax season is practically around the corner... so when I file my taxes do I include my husband who is doing the AOS ? will he be a dependent, since he can not work and I am supporting him? i ask this because probably next year we get the green card interview they will request Tax return for 2019

3 minutes ago, Indira/Charlys said:

hello, so tax season is practically around the corner... so when I file my taxes do I include my husband who is doing the AOS ? will he be a dependent, since he can not work and I am supporting him? i ask this because probably next year we get the green card interview they will request Tax return for 2019

A279AE6C-9BED-4479-AFA6-E5BD604AC5FF.png

Timeline
Just now, Martha R said:

The dependent must have lived under your support for 6 months or more to qualify as a dependent. Check with a tax agent to see what they suggest. 

A279AE6C-9BED-4479-AFA6-E5BD604AC5FF.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.