dwheels76

NVC Filers - October 2019

1,045 posts in this topic

RE: documents submission advice for those who haven't submitted  NVC yet. 

Everyone probably knows it, but I thought I did too and yet I overlooked this little detail that now sent be back...

If you are submitting documents to NVC, you need to make sure that they are PDF or jpeg and PDFs should look like scans and not anything that could be clickable inside of PDF or in anyway look like it could be editable, like some PDF forms are. 

My bank sent me a letter in PDF via email with my recent balances for the past 6 months, it downloaded fine, but then I got a notice that I need to resubmit because it is "editable". When I took a closer look, I saw that indeed, although sent by my bank in PDF, it was still editable and had the button "clear" on it 🙈. Now I have an application error and cannot resubmit and stuck, so I hope that this could be helpful to someone else to not make my mistake. Even though I have 6 months of detailed statements in the application from my bank for the same bank account, they didn't look at that, so seems like every document you submit has to be just right regardless. 

Best of luck to all!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
51 minutes ago, Sk&Du said:

Submitted 0ct 10

Resubmitted Oct 22

DQ Oct 26

😊

Exact same dates as you for first and second submissions!

Everything was accepted on the 16th but they asked for a proof of my status in the country where I live now and where I'll be taking my interview. Submitted on the 22nd when the maintenance stopped... Now we're waiting :( I hope it won't be too much longer!

And congratulations!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Rose__ said:

Exact same dates as you for first and second submissions!

Everything was accepted on the 16th but they asked for a proof of my status in the country where I live now and where I'll be taking my interview. Submitted on the 22nd when the maintenance stopped... Now we're waiting :( I hope it won't be too much longer!

And congratulations!

Congratulations to you 😊

mom my side I submitted everything on October 10 and still nothing 😕

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Another tip, I noticed when you call them they move on ur case.. best time to call is 7:00amtheir  time on the dot. Which is 6am my time. I sent my documents to nvc on a monday.. called them that same week  on Wednesday they sent me a notification to resend a document. But the website was down for a week so soon as the site was up I sent it called the next day two days later my documents were approved.. calling them makes them move... best of luck to u all. Now I'm waiting for interview date..

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cameroon
Timeline
3 hours ago, Sk&Du said:

Submitted 0ct 10

Resubmitted Oct 22

DQ Oct 26

😊

From every indication NVC have stepped up their game judging by the number of DQs.

Let them keep the flame burning.

Congratulations!

Good evening everyone! 

I'm able to submit documents on CEAC already but i'm still gathering all documents to post them all at once. Question about I864 and I864A.

I'm a petitioner husband for an intending immigrant which is my wife. I need help for Forms I864 and I864A forms,

I have ongoing income but didn't meet the 125%, my parents are going to be the sponsors using I864 and I864A. I file I864, my mom files a separate I864, and my dad uses I864A.

For the Household size under my I864 form, Do i also include my dad under part 5 number 7 optional and include his income in part 6 number 8? Or do I just put that information on my moms I864 form and keep my form blank with just 2 household size(me and wife) ? 

Edited by imjustintime
typo

Sep 20: same AOS docs submitted for me and our daughter (wife US citizen);

Oct 22: proof of domicile rejected for me;

Oct 24: DQ for our daughter (???);

Oct 25: resubmitted proof of domicile for me, with more docs and explanation, including the fact that our daughter’s case is already DQ with same docs and waiting for interview date.
Hoping for the best soon! 🙏🏻

Edited by DTM-USA

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cameroon
Timeline
3 minutes ago, DTM-USA said:

Sep 20: same AOS docs submitted for me and my daughter (wife US citizen);

Oct 22: proof of domicile rejected for me;

Oct 24: DQ for my daughter (???);

Oct 25: resubmitted proof of domicile for me, with more docs and explanation, including the fact that my daughter’s case is already DQ and waiting for the interview date.
Hoping for the best soon! 🙏🏻

Let's hope all works out in your favour.

🙏

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 10/26/2019 at 8:57 AM, Trena181 said:

Another tip, I noticed when you call them they move on ur case.. best time to call is 7:00amtheir  time on the dot. Which is 6am my time. I sent my documents to nvc on a monday.. called them that same week  on Wednesday they sent me a notification to resend a document. But the website was down for a week so soon as the site was up I sent it called the next day two days later my documents were approved.. calling them makes them move... best of luck to u all. Now I'm waiting for interview date..

Really, re: phone call motivation?

Any other corroboration?

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

Timeline
On 10/24/2019 at 9:53 AM, LilyJ said:

The final decision on that has been postponed, that’s why there’s no questions on it and why what was supposed to be the new I864 was taken down off USCIS

FWIW, we uploaded proof of health coverage to CEAC as soon as that noise hit the news, and it is an approved document in our case.

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
20 minutes ago, Hawk Riders said:

FWIW, we uploaded proof of health coverage to CEAC as soon as that noise hit the news, and it is an approved document in our case.

Pls if you don't mind can I see sample or how the proof of health coverage looks like. I'm very confused about the whole new policy.

Timeline
Just now, jane&niko said:

Pls if you don't mind can I see sample or how the proof of health coverage looks like. I'm very confused about the whole new policy.

I used an EoB statement for my spouse's copay from a recent provider visit, which lists their covered dates under my policy.  

(we have the luxury of being able to visit across the US/Canada border)

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Canada.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.