2,997 posts in this topic

43 minutes ago, John_ said:

USCIS 800-375-5283

USCIS
Vermont Service Center
Attn: I-765
75 Lower Welden St.
St. Albans, VT 05479-0001

for the I am in the United States as a : NO LAWFUL STATUS. 

I overtime my B2 visa in my case. EAD is not legal status. 

Dear USCIS:

I have recently moved and I would like to have all my future mailing correspondence regarding my VAWA case EACXXXXXXXXX and my I-485 Adjustment of Status MSCXXXXXXXXXX sent to my new address. I am enclosing with this letter the Form AR-11.

New physical and mailing address:

write  your full address and at the end sign and date.

Did you mean “ unlawful status “ ? 

I thought status for all of us is “ pending AOS “ or pending 360 ? 

This info would help us all a lot ? 

Filed: Other Timeline
55 minutes ago, John_ said:

USCIS 800-375-5283

USCIS
Vermont Service Center
Attn: I-765
75 Lower Welden St.
St. Albans, VT 05479-0001

for the I am in the United States as a : NO LAWFUL STATUS. 

I overtime my B2 visa in my case. EAD is not legal status. 

Dear USCIS:

I have recently moved and I would like to have all my future mailing correspondence regarding my VAWA case EACXXXXXXXXX and my I-485 Adjustment of Status MSCXXXXXXXXXX sent to my new address. I am enclosing with this letter the Form AR-11.

New physical and mailing address:

write  your full address and at the end sign and date.

Thank you so much!! really appreciate you dear! 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline

Hey VJ Family!

Praying this new thread brings in a wave of approvals for everyone just like the previous threads! 

In this journey we learn patience and positivity no matter how the odds are stacked against us.

We are going to meet all sort of people and hear a lot of negativity but take it from me folks, look at the positive side only. 

For example, a day after my interview, given my persistent nature, I called USCIS customer care asking why my status is not updated to approved yet and yet I was told it was approved. The conversation went like this:

Me: Sir, I haven’t seen my online status updated to approved and yet I was told at the interview that it was approved. 

Him: when did you have your interview?

Me: Yesterday 

Him: You had your interview yesterday and you want approval today? What exactly are you calling about?

Me: Sir, it’s already approved I just want to inquire how long it takes for the status to update online.

Him: ( sounds irritated) You have to wait many months for the approval update and to receive the GC. Keep on waiting.

Me: Thanks for your time, that’s all I wanted to know. ( didn’t argue,lol)

I nevertheless got approval updates the next day. Therefore folks, be positive! 

3 minutes ago, Strife said:

Hey VJ Family!

Praying this new thread brings in a wave of approvals for everyone just like the previous threads! 

In this journey we learn patience and positivity no matter how the odds are stacked against us.

We are going to meet all sort of people and hear a lot of negativity but take it from me folks, look at the positive side only. 

For example, a day after my interview, given my persistent nature, I called USCIS customer care asking why my status is not updated to approved yet and yet I was told it was approved. The conversation went like this:

Me: Sir, I haven’t seen my online status updated to approved and yet I was told at the interview that it was approved. 

Him: when did you have your interview?

Me: Yesterday 

Him: You had your interview yesterday and you want approval today? What exactly are you calling about?

Me: Sir, it’s already approved I just want to inquire how long it takes for the status to update online.

Him: ( sounds irritated) You have to wait many months for the approval update and to receive the GC. Keep on waiting.

Me: Thanks for your time, that’s all I wanted to know. ( didn’t argue,lol)

I nevertheless got approval updates the next day. Therefore folks, be positive! 

WOW! So happy for you! CONGRATS!!!💫🌟🌟💫🙌 don't know what the officer was feeling like..SMH😏😕 to the left... Anyway you made it!!!🙌🙌

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline
1 minute ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

WOW! So happy for you! CONGRATS!!!💫🌟🌟💫🙌 don't know what the officer was feeling like..SMH😏😕 to the left... Anyway you made it!!!🙌🙌

@Stillwinning!!!😊 thanks :) 

I mentioned about the updates in the previous thread but thanks again. Hope this cheers you all up. Praying everyone is interviewed by a calm and cheerful IO just like I was. 

Filed: Timeline
6 hours ago, natalysmile said:

Hello.

What( or why) should the police report look like?
I have only .... I can make a screen. No one personally wrote statements. There are only police call dates and printouts. Will this fit?

Natalie I found a member who speaks Russian and English that is willing to help you! I will send you a message with her username. She does not know about VAWA process but can help with any translation issues you may have. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
21 minutes ago, Screecher said:

Did you mean “ unlawful status “ ? 

I thought status for all of us is “ pending AOS “ or pending 360 ? 

This info would help us all a lot ? 

Pending AOS or Pending 360 are not Legal Status.

That question is about your status in the country. Check this link.

https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/volume-7-part-b-chapter-3

4 minutes ago, Villanelle said:

Natalie I found a member who speaks Russian and English that is willing to help you! I will send you a message with her username. She does not know about VAWA process but can help with any translation issues you may have. 

@Villanelle ... I personally thank you for this .... I felt so helpless and I truly wanted to help Nataly - I can understand her pain with the language barrier and the obstacle of being out of USA ; I can just imagine her helplessness and her frustration. I tried to talk to so many Russian lawyers from nyc for her and asked them to help her out pro bono ... they asked me to let her know that she can email and ask for a Skype consultation but I can bet they won’t do it for free .... but I am so relieved to read this ... 🥰 

5 minutes ago, John_ said:

Pending AOS or Pending 360 are not Legal Status.

That question is about your status in the country. Check this link.

https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/volume-7-part-b-chapter-3

So what exactly should we write ? 

“ Unlawful status “ ? 

In your post it said “ no lawful status “ 

did I read that correct ? 

Apologies - I am a bit confused 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 minute ago, Screecher said:

So what exactly should we write ? 

“ Unlawful status “ ? 

In your post it said “ no lawful status “ 

did I read that correct ? 

Apologies - I am a bit confused 

Yes, I always write NO LAWFUL STATUS

I personally don’t like to use “unlawful status” or either you have a status or you don’t have a status.  

Even knowing that when you overtime your visa you are in unlawful presence, that word unlawful could be misunderstood. So just answer what they wanna know.

31 minutes ago, John_ said:

Yes, I always write NO LAWFUL STATUS

I personally don’t like to use “unlawful status” or either you have a status or you don’t have a status.  

Even knowing that when you overtime your visa you are in unlawful presence, that word unlawful could be misunderstood. So just answer what they wanna know.

Gotcha 👍

9 hours ago, dreamer1 said:

I am really annoyed. Even after spoon feeding her everything they messed up

I’ve had 3 EADs and even after telling them multiple times that the renewal needs to be sent to Vermont all I got was an annoyed look and they still sent it to NBC. I just don’t understand how these people work and why they’re not afraid to get reported 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.